Science Forums

Wonder cure:" hand healing"

sanctus

• 3 months later...

Good question. There have been many documented cases of hand healing from Eastern medicine to practices in the West. In Brittain, for instance, practitioners are licensed. So this is real. In fact my belated and very skeptical father while dying from cancer in 2000 and in attendance at a big social event allowed a well known Brittish practitioner to heal his swallowing difficulty following cancer resection of his esophagus. Another example is the placebo effect of drugs studied in clinical trials. On average, about 20% of the placebo group show improvement in complaints because they BELIEVE a real pill is making them better. Placebo group is never told they receive a sugar pill. This is also very important in a doctor's bedside manner - the pt. must believe he/she will get better. In the case of my father, somehow the practitioner "connected" with him emotionally or spiritually. To a great extent, illness is the result of subconscious beliefs we hold onto from traumatic events, and thus can be relieved with emotional and spiritual exercises. This last example is my favorite. Pick whoever is very dear to you (esp. a lover or spouse), and observe what happens when you are within inches of each other and with eye contact. At that point, thousands of chemical and hormonal changes are occuring, and you can FEEL it. It's called the power of LOVE. It's the result of an emotional or spiritual connection, or both. Devoid of the inability to experience this, people will often turn to violence upon others because they are empty. Truly, Mac

Some perform surgery without a scalpel.They make some skilful manouvres on your body and squeeze the affected organ deftly and the tumor/whtever is surgically removed,then they sew up.
"Psychic surgery" is popular among fakirs in south and southeast asia. I've seen videos of this, and there's blood oozing, but no sewing up afterward mostly because no "surgery" takes place at all! Its generally considered a parlor trick, and I certainly wouldn't count on it if I had cancer...

Cheers,

Buffy