Science Forums

Aliens or us?

My name is Mark and I'm new here. I've have long believed that what we know as Greys are in fact humans from the future. First how they look, as endless as the universe is why do they look so much like us, two arms , legs, eyes, nose, and mouth? Humans are really young and not so long ago ,as far as the life span of the earth, we were monkeys , what will we look like the next 100,000 years?

Changes in evolution come from the subject adapting to its enviroment. How will we change, we would be fooling ourselves if we think we are the finished product. I would like to here from anyone with an opinion on this.

My name is Mark and I'm new here. I've have long believed that what we know as Greys are in fact humans from the future.

Hi Mark; my name is Turtle and I'm old here. ;) You prompted a strange thought by your proposition. When people talk about time travel, they often ask 'what if you go back and kill your grandfather?'. Well how 'bought if things don't go according to plan and your grandfather kills you!? If we kill a Gray, what does that do to timelines and other temporal considerations? Mmmmm....:)

Well Turtle, I believe that if a "Grey" or so we can end the jokes I'll call them future humans or FH's, if one comes back and dies it does'nt affect the timeline here or in the future, he or she or it has just died. In his timeline he does'nt come back from his mission just like if we went overseas and died it does'nt affect the future.See if they came back and killed someone that could affect his timeline but what if their here to repopulate humans.Alot of abduction reports claim that they are interested in our reproductive organs,most abduction claims have dropped off, now if you had a time machine and a history book you would know about people who just vanished if you needed to repopulate humans in the future you could go back in time and take that person and no one would think anything except they vanished.

I know this sounds stupid but I've been putting things from aliens to u.f.o.'s to the bermuda triangle together and I'm thinking everything is tied together but I think the FH's are here because they need to repopulate us in the future.

Well Turtle, I believe that if a "Grey" or so we can end the jokes ...

The proper use of terms in science is not joke, but rather a prerequisite.

Grey Grey, a.

See Gray (the correct orthography).

[1913 Webster]

http://www.wordseek.info/word/gcide/grey.html

I'll call them future humans or FH's, if one comes back and dies it does'nt affect the timeline here or in the future, he or she or it has just died. In his timeline he does'nt come back from his mission just like if we went overseas and died it does'nt affect the future.See if they came back and killed someone that could affect his timeline but what if their here to repopulate humans.Alot of abduction reports claim that they are interested in our reproductive organs,most abduction claims have dropped off, now if you had a time machine and a history book you would know about people who just vanished if you needed to repopulate humans in the future you could go back in time and take that person and no one would think anything except they vanished.

I know this sounds stupid but I've been putting things from aliens to u.f.o.'s to the bermuda triangle together and I'm thinking everything is tied together but I think the FH's are here because they need to repopulate us in the future.

New studies of the brain are showing there is a bioelectraphysiological explanation for abduction experiences, near death experiences, the Old Hag Baba Yaga experiences, shadow people, etcetera. If I meet a Gray Future Human, or one of any other color, I will take the meeting as I do with any other human. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. :eek_big:

The comment "joke" was in reference to the dog comment in Infinitenows post.As for the studies you refer to I'm sure they believe thier right and for most cases they may be but not all. The leading minds of the scientific community sometimes refuse to think outside the box when it comes to what I call the "what if factor" . Nothing is impossible only improbable.

The comment "joke" was in reference to the dog comment in Infinitenows post.

Ahhh. Acknowledged. I often focus on the weft, and forget the woof.

As for the studies you refer to I'm sure they believe thier right and for most cases they may be but not all.

The very essence of the scientific method. Science is always ammendable.

The leading minds of the scientific community sometimes refuse to think outside the box when it comes to what I call the "what if factor" . Nothing is impossible only improbable.

You're probably right. Nevertheless, once one has thought outside of the box, nothing is gained unless they go back to work inside the box with the new insight from outside...the box.

Thinking from a hole nother plane,

Box Turtle

Ahhh. Acknowledged. I often focus on the weft, and forget the woof....

Nevertheless, once one has thought outside of the box, nothing is gained unless they go back to work inside the box with the new insight from outside...the box.

Thinking from a hole nother plane,

Box Turtle

Ok, here's what I got for you Omsm, from the outside in. First, suppose time travel into the past is possible, but not back past the actual time the machine/method for time travel is invented. Next, supose that posessing a miniature black hole allows one to construct a time machine. Now suppose whatever goes into a black hole, comes out of a white hole. Now rather than pulling something into a black hole to go back, what if we may also push something out of a white hole!? In effect, the nuclear bombs we set off made white holes and have pushed our future selves out but now mixed black & white so they're gray. Maybe that's how you tell a time traveller from other bioelectraphysiological entity perceptions, i.e. they are always gray? Is that possible? :esmoking: :esmoking:

My name is Mark and I'm new here.

Howdy, and welcome.

I've have long believed that what we know as Greys are in fact humans from the future.

Interesting. Does this comment and your beliefs negate the possibility of other life and potential travellers existing and accompanying us in the cosmic vastness?

First how they look

Never seen one. Have a picture confirmed to be a grey? I'd imagine this would have been very public were such a picture to exist.

as endless as the universe is why do they look so much like us, two arms , legs, eyes, nose, and mouth?

Unfortunately, the best and most appropriate answer to this question speaks to issues of psychology, and human neurobiological tendencies. In laymen's terms, our understanding and imagination is based on what has come before.

Humans are really young and not so long ago ,as far as the life span of the earth, we were monkeys , what will we look like the next 100,000 years?

Good question. I believe we will be long dead unless some dramatic changes happen soon, but it's all speculation until anything actually happens.

we would be fooling ourselves if we think we are the finished product.

Absolutely. Not only would we be fooling ourselves, but we'd be wrong.

I would like to here from anyone with an opinion on this.

Possible? Sure. Probable? No. Do other potentialities present a better match for this concept? Fo shizzle.

Now, go adopt a grey! They're wonderfully bright, loving animals, with amazing spirit and abilities, and they're often treated disgustingly. :)

http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/

http://www.ngap.org/

http://greyhoundgang.org/adoption.html

http://www.greyhoundog.org/

http://www.greyhoundadoptiontx.org/

I've have long believed that what we know as Greys are in fact humans from the future.
This is not an uncommon belief – I recall that Strieber speculated along these lines in his 1987 non-fictional account ”Communion”, and suspect that it predates 1987. It’s an attractive idea that has inspired many works of fiction.

However, science requires more than attractive beliefs and ideas. Scientific speculation about these ideas, however, requires positive ideas – in this case, an explanation of how humans from the future, grey or otherwise, could travel in time to the 20th century. Negative ideas – in this case, noting the possibility that existing scientific explanations of accounts of encounters with and abduction by aliens may be incorrect – aren’t appropriate to scientific speculation.

There’s a lot of interesting speculation about possible means of time travel - including several threads at hypography, accessible via its search features – and room for a lot more. So, what’s a scientifically defensible explanation that could support the hypothesis that humans from the future have visited the 20th century?

Sometimes we have to "dream" that some things may be. Thats how we "use" science to figure things out.Science is a tool,we should "use" not the other way around. Einstein came up with relativity but did he ever go to space much less at the speed of light? Has anyone here? We "think" he was right but untill someone does its still a "dream".

For a fresh (if fantastic) slant on the 'alien' problem google 'keylontic science' and for those too lazy to do so (99% of us) let me summarize some of their teachings:

The universe is eternal, the ancestors of humans are over 950 billion years old, time travel does exist, the Ark of the Covenant exists and is the key to a stargate located at the center of the Earth. And etc etc etc.

By the way, I like to think in terms of more and less useful models of reality rather than right or wrong. And my favorite bumper sticker (so far) is the 'why be normal' one, placed upside down of course. Have a good one ...

First of all, it's doubtful that they are aliens. Evolution is so sensitive to initial conditions, that in all of the universe, our chances for ever meeting any other life forms looking even remotely similar to us is incredibly tiny. Yet, these 'greys' have unmistakable humanoid features.

This leaves them as time travelling humans from the future.

Time-travelling humans from the future should have the common sense that interfering in anything in the past could be disastrous for their own personal time-lines, and they would not risk coming back to this time. Say, for instance, their time-machine lands in some remote backwater field so as not to alert the humans. But upon arriving, they turn over a stone which wouldn't have been turned over had it not been for them. So they go about their business. A few years later, a geologist notices this stone and realizes that there's a lot of gold buried there. A gold rush ensues, and the great-great-great ancestors of the 'grey' who turned the stone now goes hunting for gold instead of what they were supposed to have done if the 'greys' didn't turn the stone. They never meet, and never have kids. The grey can't exist anymore.

A simple thing like turning a stone can destroy you if you go travelling back in time. My guess is that advanced future humans, or 'greys', if you will, would probably take this into account, and not bother with time travel.

What options do this leave us with?

Yep - Hollywood had to make a movie where aliens featured. But they had to make the aliens somewhat human like, so that the audience can relate to them. And thus the 'greys' were born. And most successive Hollywood alien features have shown aliens with human characteristics so that the audience won't be, well, alienated from the plot. And these features have been smoothed over the years, and we have arrived at the stereotypical 'Grey' design. I guess that when we first actually do make contact with aliens, our first words will be "Bullshit - you're no alien! You don't look like one! You must be a puppet! Where's my knife, lemme cut your suit open..." and then intergalactic warfare will ensue, because we have been brainwashed as to what an alien should look like.

As far as I can reason it, when we do encounter our first bona fide alien, they will look, well, completely and utterly alien.

What are greys? Surely not those fictional alien things?

How do you know aliens are fictional (where's your proof?) or is this your badge of belonging? (prejudice or belief [same thing]). Are you a follower of other peoples ideas (fashion) or a leader of your own thoughts (free spirit or cat person/or party faithful (dog person/ pack member)?

True science is based on neutrality (being open to discovery) as is Socratic method in philosophy (questioning/open enquiry), not stagnant certainty i.e. 'Everybody knows' generalities/resting on your laurels.

Sorry Ron but what are you upon? How can you be sure of anything but in the instant? (A bridge you drove over yesterday could be washed away today, for instance). How can you be sure of anything that 'doesn't' exist? Surely the only evidence we can have is of things that are solidly here and in the present? In other words what exists to our own certain knowledge, not what we have never come across before (Verbal arguments can, through logical sequence, 'con'-vince us of the truth, of anything but this is only in our mind, not necessarily in reality (direct experience of an event ) - verbal dexterity is no more reality than a magic trick but it's skill in delivery can convince us otherwise).

I personally don't believe in anything. This doesn't mean I'm a Nihilist or an Anarchist, just that I wait to see what comes into view and then watch it pass as a belief (The experience is the thing - I don't even believe in me! This is not about lack of self-esteem or confidence but awareness of how you can trick yourself, let alone lead other people down the garden path).

Do aliens exist? Search me (No, not my left pocket!).