Science Forums

Lord of The Flies Essay Rough Draft

Which topic is best for my standards.  

1. 1. Which topic is best for my standards.

• Topic #1
    • Topic #2
    • Topic #3
    • Topic #4
    • Topic #5

I want to write a rough draft of what I want to put on my paper. My paper will be done in class at the library and must be three to five pages in length.

These are the topics I have to choose, Please give me your thought of which topic is easier for me as a sophomore.

1. Discuss your perception of Golding's contention about th enature of man. Find articles in a newspaper or magazine that support perception and Golding's contention. How do the articles illustrate a basic defect of human nature? Include copies of the articles with your paper. Be sure you can summarize everything in a strong conclusion.

2. Since the boys are returning to a world at war with no rescue in sight, many critics conclude that Golding is saying there is no hope for mankind. Address this issue and explain your agreement or disagreement. Be sure to support your opinon/argument with those of others, perhaps by quoting noted world leaders or philosophers or critics.

3. Discuss how society confines or restricts the individual and /or frees the individual from the tyranny of irrationality and disorder. What does Mr. Golding write about this? Find another noted author/personality with whom you can compare or contrast themes and examples(from Lord of the Flies and from said personality's works) on this topic.

4. Golding, who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1983, once stated that "the job of the writer" is to "get people to understand their own humanity." Discuss whether Golding, in your opinion, successfully accomplished his job as a writer in Lord of the Flies. Explain how, or if, your reading of the novel has increased your own understanding of humanity. Specifically address the theme of the novel in your discussion and provide specific details to support your explanation of your reaction to the novel.

5. Evaluate the novel's enging -- that is, the rescue of the boys by the naval cruiser -- as plausible (and therefore satisfactory) or contrived (and therefore disappointing), based on the major events and themes of the novel. Whichever position you take, be sure to use several specific references to the novel to defend your choice.

Also, I have to have a connection by having my Intro and Conclusion tied together. I need the majority of the vote by tomorrow, please. I also need help on writing my thesis statement, ideas, and quotes, PLEASE. Thanks for reading everyone.