Science Forums

Science Project Problem

kdinu

:lightbulbWe were told to find a project to do and that it would be due on the 4.

I had this wonderful project of measuring the growth rate of several plants in different types of soils. So I planted the seeds and waited for them to sprout and I waited... and waited.... Finally! I got tired of it and said that the seeds must have been dead to start with.

I approached my teacher asking for permission to chagne the project to a biography which we were allowed to do. Sadly, she replied that if I started with and experiment then I must do an experiment.

I can change what I'm testing completely I can even find a whole new idea, but I only have 11 days and I'm not good at thinking up quick projects. I usually do change over a period of time.

Can someone please help me?

You could carry on with the same idea but use seedlings instead of seeds. I planted some seedlings a few weeks ago and they are at least 3-4 times their original size, so if you can find some fairly fast growers you can perhaps have some decent results at the end of the experiement.

Might also check this "sprouting" link. :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprouting

Excerpt:"The seeds will soon swell, and within a day or two begin germination. They should then be rinsed at least twice a day, possibly even three or four times in hot weather or they may quickly sour. After around four to five days they will have grown to around two or three inches in length and will be suitable for use."

moo