Science Forums

Ie7 :)

C1ay

well, who would want a browser that doesn't support dhtml?
Who would want one that did? XHTML! :hihi:

Seriously, IE7 fixes a whole lot, and M$ forced adoption is going to help a lot of us with dropping support for IE6 *really* fast. I'm already contemplating putting a 12/06 EOL date on my product's support for it, except for a few mindnumbing IT departments who take 12 months to certify anything from MS (I have one who is targeting SQLServer 2005 deployment for end of 2007....).

My take on IE7 is that its got nothing to get me to switch back to it for personal reasons (I still have a bank that won't support anything but IE though), but it will slow people switching TO ff or opera or whatever.

So guys: what do you *really* find to despise about it? Hmmmm?

td:first-child { padding-left: 25px; }

Buffy

What I really dont like about IE is that you cant get any extensions for it, like firefox does, so the add blocking capabilities are dismal. It also hasnt in the past had tabbed browsing (i thought i heard that was a feature of the new one..) and firefox also crashes a lot less (but I havent used 7 to test this :hihi: )

I downloaded IE7 today. I must say I am pleasantly suprised. It works fantastically and I have had no problems with it thus far. I used to use Firefox until I started experiencing problems. The thing I missed most about Firefox were the tabs. Since Internet Explorer now has tabs, I am thoroughly satisfied. Also, the search bar at the top also allows me to search wikipedia instantly. I like that. :hihi:

My score: 8/10 stars.

We'll see how it responds over the next couple days.

Me too. I use the IE Tab extension in ff for it :)
That should work, but when the bank's terms and conditions say that they only support IE, I'm pretty sure if my transactions didn't go through that they'd hide behind their logs which would show that I was using an unsupported browser, so its my fault that a payment was missed. Not gonna take that bet just to "stick it" to M$...

The party of the first part,

Buffy

will there be an IE7 version of this?
No doubt. I'd be surprised if FF didn't spontaneously tell you as soon as the update's available! The FF plug-in update is the only auto-update feature I have active on any of my systems, and even it asks for permission to install...

Very Tidy,

Buffy

will there be an IE7 version of this?

If you install IE7 on your machine there will. All the IE Tab extension does is open a tab in your ff browser that uses the IE rendering engine that's already on your box. That's why it only works in Windoze....

wow, i never thought that a ripped off interface will have such "good" remarks... Hello people, IE7 is total firefox ripoff, and not a really good one at that, it has real bad css2 support and no css3 support, which is almost fully complete in FF, no dhtml support, no support for any unix picture format, its slow and still takes up a ot of ram, it does not do extensions such as adblock, its ad blocking capabilities still stink compared to Adblock, you can not stop Java or JS from executing, it takes 4 oks to open a flash app, and frankly the theme stinks!

And if you are looking for shiny, there are a couple of FF extensions that allow you to use exposee-like features in FF, search through all of your tabs and all kinds of crazy stuff.

remember the M$ slogan "For every hole closed, we introduce 2 new ones!", M$ will never be secure because they work in close approximation with companies that provide security features (anti spyware, popup blockers and spyware removers) and make money off of them, doubt that they will give that money up...