Science Forums

Survey

I haven't programmed in assembly for many years now. For the past 6 or 7 years I've been programming (professionally) primarily in VFP (Visual FoxPro), but am also learning .NET (I'm supposed to be migrating all of my systems at work away from VFP over to VB.NET/ADO.NET/SQL Server...but time just doesn't allow for that).

Of course, I've also programmed in other languages; C, C++, Java, COBOL, RPG, various forms of Basic (gwbasic, qbasic, quickbasic, VB 4, VB6, VBA, and now VB.NET), and probably some others that don't come to mind right now.

I know of x86 assembly (and i've seen the code), but never had the passion nor the time to learn it, i'll need to take it for my degree though.

I program in C++, Delphi (not much anymore), Python, PHP, Pascal (its been years), and much like TeleMad, various forms of basic (original, q, quick, visual 6, vba and dark basic), know Java, but passionately dislike it for various reasons, know a little Lisp too...

I was a big fan of assembly language back in the 80s. I used it first on the Sinclair ZX spectrum, then moved on to PC around 1987m I think. x86 was actually ridiculously simple back then - but I haven't touched it in 14 years no so I don't know what it has evolved into. Now I don't use program languages any more, I just write ColdFusion code for my web applications. No C++, C#, java...