Science Forums

Fantastic, a new forum!

paigetheoracle

I have a method for teaching English and I never, ever thought in a million years I'd get to explain its 'science'[logic] on this site or anywhere else for that matter: Stay tuned for Logic Lists English samples later on and be prepared to be underamazed! (It's based on sound predominantly and is taught like music, which by coincidence falls in with some recent research (last weeks papers) that states, that children taught music are more likely to learn better than other kids and go on to be brighter and more intelligent).:)

So... why post a new thread... that you're going to explain something later? Might it be more efficient to just post it when you're ready to do so?

I am glad you're enthusiastic, don't get me wrong. I too am excited about the linguistics forum, and look forward to some engaging dialogue on, well, on dialogue itself.

Just curious. Maybe you could share the ideas and get the conversation rolling?

So... why post a new thread... that you're going to explain something later? Might it be more efficient to just post it when you're ready to do so?

I am glad you're enthusiastic, don't get me wrong. I too am excited about the linguistics forum, and look forward to some engaging dialogue on, well, on dialogue itself.

Just curious. Maybe you could share the ideas and get the conversation rolling?

Like an absent minded professor, I'm shuffling through my mental notes because these ideas cover seven volumes of material plus a junior version and I periodically get so frustrated at not getting published, I destroy the lot (the first volume has been written and rewritten more often than all the others [up to five times] and each book consists of one main theme plus usually several minor sections - apart from my philosophy, it is my main lifes work: If you've got an email address I'll send you samples from the first volume, at least what is left of them [rewritten the first volume again and taking simultaneous shots at the other four main volumes: 2 are subsidiary books that act as icing on the cake but are not as important as either the main five or the junior book). This has been 15 years in the making roughly. I started it in Cambridge in maybe '89 and have worked on it, on and off since.

Like all massive works it's heaven and hell to me (years and I still can't get a publisher - a decade and a half pregnancy and I still can't release it into the world successfully). Imagine the relief such a release would give me!