Science Forums

Vitamin Supplements

Coffee could prevent the development of type-2 diabetes:

I thank you for the data. Just so you know, I'm not too worried about type-2 diabetes. I'm not sure I can have that with my type-1 diabetes. :coffee_n_pc:

I really don't eat many donuts. More often, I eat crackers (the whole wheat Ritz have actually been whole meals for me on many occasions as a bachelor). :computerkick:

And Jay-qu, you really don't know what you're missing if you're not eating cheese. Healthy shmellthy... cheese is ridiculously delicious. :)

I really don't eat many donuts. More often, I eat crackers (the whole wheat Ritz have actually been whole meals for me on many occasions as a bachelor). :computerkick:

Ahh, I remember the days as a single person eating crackers for dinner, or two-minute noodles.

And Jay-qu, you really don't know what you're missing if you're not eating cheese. Healthy shmellthy... cheese is ridiculously delicious. :)

I understand the non-dairy thing, Jay-qu, because being asthmatic I keep the dairy intake to a minimum. But I loooooooove cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Back to the vitamin supplements, I currently take a Mannatech product called Ambrotose Complex. A guy I know put me onto it. He suffered from chronic asthma and was hospitalised many times. Then he discovered Ambrotose Complex and has been asthma free for about five years. It's expensive, but I'm giving it a go. I've taken it for a few months now and I haven't noticed any improvements, but apparently it's not a quick-fix solution, and I need to persevere.

I do like cheese, but I keep that to a bare minimum, and I do rather have Fetta cheese if there is the option :hihi:

Mate, nothing beats gouda! Or goat cheese which we eat a lot of in Norway (they add cow milk to the commercial versions to make it more palatable though). Or French cheese... Tour de Fromages - WELCOME tells it all.

I take fish capsules. This past month I've taken 8 capsules a day plus a multivitamin pill. But this is part of the treatment for my achilles inflammation...the capsules make me burp cod liver taste all day. :confused:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just read this bit of news on MSNBC and thought that Hypographers might be interested, especially those who take a lot of vitamin supplements:

A vitamin a day may do more harm than good - Diet & Nutrition - MSNBC.com

According to independent testing, several commonly available vitamin supplements did not meet their claims or, worse, were contaminated with toxic materials such lead.