Science Forums

What is your favorite Linux window manager?

What is your favorite Linux window manager and why?

Ok, I'll start...

My favorite is Blackbox, an xorg based fully customizable yet very small in size window manager, actually very similar to Fluxbox but its a bit smaller.

Also other cool one that i've been playing around with is Metisse, french project, a window manager that alows you to do anything you want with your window in 3 dimensions (from rotation to real transparency to zoom), much like looking glass, but it doesnt run off of Java which i totally dispise, and it doesnt require a new and unstable Java machine and itself is less than 5 megs, quick compile and is a part of portage = stable.

Actually, the other week got sick of the normal Windows look and downloaded StyleXP, then went to themexp.org, downloaded and installed OSX Style, Icons, Boot and Login screen, moved some stuff around, hid all the icons on the toolbar, got rid of quick-launch, time and language bars to make it look Macish, changed the properties of ObjectDock to silver and 60% transparent and it now looks really OSXish; if you want a screenshot, please post.