Science Forums

DMT and Death?

Ganoderma

I like the idea of eternity encompassed in the moments of death; the eternal contained within a short finite time, and have often thought death and the afterlife might be something like this myself.

What about extending this concept of an afterlife landscape? It might "eventually" be a little claustrophobic to exist only within your own mind and memories after death. Might the platonic, spiritual love relationships you experience during life (if your are lucky to do so) forge a long-lasting telepathic bridge between minds, thus giving you the ability to roam and enjoy other minds after death. After all, the phrase "love is eternal" suggests this.

Again this ties up with religious instruction to love one another. If you somehow entangle two minds through love, in this way, you expand your afterlife possibilities. Whereas if you went around with no love for anyone or anything, your afterlife landscape might be more limited.

• 1 month later...
I like the idea of eternity encompassed in the moments of death; the eternal contained within a short finite time, and have often thought death and the afterlife might be something like this myself.

there are entire cultures of people who believe they see this, and gain the knowledge of all of this, without dieing. yage seems to be a real interesting thing.

the odd part is that many of these savage indians drug crazed beliefs tend to be rather accurate and go hand in hand with some scientific ideas/theories/"facts".

there seems to be something hidden in these things, and as much as i tend to not believe in anything of the spiritual realms, there seems to be some kind of mysterious, secret logic to it all.

• 2 years later...

Hello. I am not sure I understand what you mean.

I have done a fair bit of studying local plants and DMT, and personally dont find myself altered by it or more enlightened, but the experience one has on it is certainly profound and intense enough that makes em think a lot of people that tend to have a spiritual "vibe" would take into it and learn a great deal about how they want to live life etc.

Its a fascinating substance. Not one for recreation i can see.