Science Forums

Concern

I've recently been having a lot of worries about my health. It all seems to be deriving from a certain 5 weeks of my life where I made a lot of bad choices.

At the end of the 5 weeks, I noticed some irregular activity with my heart. I also noticed that it had become incredibly easy to get dehydrated. And I started getting panic attacks almost on a daily basis.

I'm planning on seeing a doctor for those problems.

But I wanted to ask a question concerning my hands. I think this issue might be related to my other health problems... but I'm not sure.

I seem to be breaking out in these strange little red dots on the palms of my hands. They tingle when I touch my palm up against anything.

They usually go away after a few days or so.... and i've had these things prior to my health problems...

But for some reason, ever since I started having the other health problems... they seem to come more frequently... and in stronger force.

I don't know what they are... but a friend told me that the tingling might have something to do with bad blood pressure. This scares me... I really hope it doesn't have anything to do with my heart.... but I'm not sure.... has anyone else gotten these things?

little red dots that tingle to the touch?

Did a google on red dots got this:

Medical Problems & Conditions »

Medical Problems & Conditions » Skin conditions »

small red dots/bumps w/tingling on inside of my hands

Question: I keep getting this tingling sensation on the under side of both of my hands, it almost feels like thistles and is associated with small red dots/bumps.....what could this be?

Answer: What you describe could be an allergic reaction to something. If the red dots are raised, they could also be bites. There are a few other possibilities but, the bottom line, you need to be examined by a health care provider for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

It sounds like you may have scabies, an infestation of the skin with the mite Sarcoptes scabei, but this can only be a guess without an examination and history of your symptoms. If you are a student at OSU you can make an appointment by calling 737-WELL. Information on scabies is provided from the link below.

Scabies

http://studenthealth.oregonstate.edu/answerspot/message.php?message=1119

Try to reduce your stress levels and see how it turns out, if your symptoms improve then you can have a pretty good idea that's associated with it, if it's allergic, then the most common allergens are pet dander ( if you have a pet ), pollen count and sometimes even creams and lotions most commonly used.

How are your symptoms since initially posting? Regardless of what we suggest, go to see your GP and he'll give you cream and possibly oral medication, like I said before, these hand symptoms don't pose a great problem and can be easily alleviated.