Science Forums

Current events?

Racoon

How about a current events forum?

Where people can talk about news and whats going on in the world or their continent, country, region, township ?

Instead of putting it in watercooler or social sciences...?

I agree with Racoon.

A “politics” thread would be good, since political discussion doesn’t usually follow the same rules of logic and proof as science. Also, some people like to talk politics, others don’t, so separating it into its own forum would be good for both.

Yes, good ideas.

I have also wanted to see a physical education thread, and one for sports.

Personally I find it odd that religious posts are frowned on but politics or sport would have dedicated space. Doesn't all the chit-chat belong at PostMagnet?

Political science would belong in social science. Sports would belong in the Watercooler, as a subcategory. Religion is not frowned upon, it is removed from the list of updated topics because those topics usually stray very far from what this site is about.

I like the idea of a current events forum - it would be nice to have this resource to draw on to be able to make better sense of some of the news we receive.

How about a current events forum?

Where people can talk about news and whats going on in the world or their continent, country, region, township ?

Instead of putting it in watercooler or social sciences...?

;) OR :) ??

Good thinkin' Lincoln! :hihi: I like to poke an occasional stick at a politician as well as a Sasquatch. Certainly both belong to the class "cryptids".:eek2: :evil: :hyper: :lol: :D ;)

Certainly both belong to the class "cryptids"

That's just the honest ones Turtle.

TFS

That's just the honest ones Turtle.

TFS

Are you actually telling us you suspect there are really honest politicians out there somewhere? :doh: .....................Infy

Are you actually telling us you suspect there are really honest politicians out there somewhere?

Yes. One day they and their army of Big Foots will ride into Washington on Loch Ness Monsters and proclaim a new era of progressive government.

TFS

[big feet?]