Science Forums

What make you feel strong about BIOLOGY?

somebody

well, i guess that is the difference between you and me :) . Plus i don't expect to understand all the complicated yet controversial subjects so i simply go with the belief (at this age in life) :D

Also, for some arguments you can not always prove your theory off hand but you can prove it by eliminating alternative theory. So that is one of the method which biologist use to make evolutionary theory stand out. ( This is the old Sherlock Holmes reasoning :) )

Well, I expect to be able to understand all the complicated subjects (controversial or not). If I can't understand it then you need to do a better job explaining, providing data, or teaching the underlying basics.

Unfortuneately there is another theory that explain life on earth much more easily and convincingly than evolution. But that is for the other threads.

My point on this thread is that understanding evolutionary theory, and what it means for the future (which it can't predict) is not greatly important for all humans to know. Knowing about nutrition (health), the environment (ecology), and how our bodies work (physiology) are all greatly important to the here and now.