Science Forums

ATHOUGHT

i was wondering exactly what philosophy is described as, or more so what exactly makes up philosophy, as in what type of categories make up philosophy? i have had many and alot of very interesting images, thoughts and dreams come to me. many and very few very interesting and yet un-assuring dreams of common happiness, of a religion introduction to yourself, of power and phenomenon of peace and joy of miracles and karma, my friends in truth of question....a utopian world or in my own possible make shift of myself my own little utopian (dream) world. something that makes sense to the only people that understand it, but yet can never be explained. How can i understand something that I cannot explain, or more ever how can you understand something that I can't explain? That is the question. Do you think or is it a possibility to transform if not all then most potential religios stages of the "human" past. I believe that the talk about a new generation of people, coming from the mayan calender, is a very realistic and possible act. i, myself, personally believe that we (everybody) will go into a new stage of human existence. I believe that there will be a new knownedge of sorts and a new type of reality. People will change and things will happen and change the most. My personal thought is that what we know NOW will not change, to sorts of being part of our past. (Maybe it could even all be a dream world and this Mayan calender prediction is the next death toll dream shift that we have. i heard once that when we die we have 6 or 7 very short dreams a few seconds each, one after the other, of diferent realitys or worlds, in reality these dreams are only seconds long but to us they are a lifetime. so another words, we live out 6 or 7 lifespans from start to finish in our minds before it is all over. and then what happens when it is all over? I sometimes believe that we are reincarnated in a way, not exactly how it is explained but in a way of our soul, if by that our soul is meaning us and who we are memory or sense of reality. I wonder sometimes (to myself) if maybe Buddha and Jesus were the same person unkowingly to them. i ask myself if it is possible that famous artists like socrates and leonardo da vinci come back as the same people and then maybe plato and einsteen or something and what not, maybe those people are also connected to and/or with jesus and buddha and who they "really" are and what they did. I always ask about after-life, after we die, what happens? is it the the end, over and goodbye for ever and for good. is it just the start of a new begginning. do we go into a new stage where we understand that we will connect with the ones we knew from the past again or do we have no memory of our past life and connect with the ones from our past life without our knowledge of knowing them in our past life? Do we die and live in a dream state of world/ with that thought, are we now in a dream state of world? Are our lives made up of our dreams, or more so are our dreams our lives. Lets look at "reality" now, we are awake and do things and this and that and then we go to sleep, generally at night, and wake up in the morning. when we are sleeping we are un-conscious from everything around us and we have dreams. Maybe those dreams are the dreams of our pasts and maybe all of our pasts are just dreams? I believe that the God Almighty does exist, no matter what you call him, he is only who he is and that is GOD. but I do not know what or who he is. I do not know if he is a mythical imagination, a story or a book/ where as a guideline and a scientific'ly proportione'd world with the knowledge inside the world pointing to knowledge beyond the world. but left with the intent and acceptance only as doing and believing in what is told, with that being what is told as only believing in whats in the world. so we have this book that says only believe in what i say. this book about a guy that does magic and gives magic to other people to destroy cities and people, and then this guy says there is no such thing as magic, what i am doing is not magic it is called something else and i am the only person that can do it. so when somebody does something nobody else can do it is called magic (generally thought of as good or bad) but when god does something that nobody else can do it is not called magic it is called what? a miracle? and then we have this ONE person that can go around touching people and healing them of there diseases and deformities and what not and this person says if somebody else does this it is false because they are not me, well how do we pick you out of the bunch if they can do everything you can do and why is what you do so much better then what they can do, if what they are doing is the same thing as you? DOES anybody understand where I am coming from. Has anybody even read this far into my post. I hope so, and i really hope to get some replys. I do not understand anything, but I want to and wish that I did. I do not know where I am going or what I am doing. All that I know is that the past couple of months have been nothing but change of thought. I have done some research and some searching myself without leaving the surface of this persons land. I still sit here gaining a new found interest learning about things i never knew and always wished i did.

In the past two months my interests have changed so much, I could say that they went from nothing to everything. I used to like and want to play the guitar but now i have almost no interest for it. I really dont. I still like music but not like I used to say i did. I feel like what i really want to do is so much more. I want to learn and understand. and i want to ask and teach. to see and share. to hold and care. i want to do it so bad but the frustrating thing about it is, is that i dont know what it is. My interests are changing and i know nothing of what they are evolving inTo, so i feel like a little child a baby wishing that somebody could teach me everything i want to know, wishing i could just hook up a cord to my brain and plug everything into my brain and know everything i wish i could know in a matter of seconds. Why do i feel this way? why do i feel like i have been sitting in the back of a car for days, a tiny back seat with some dick ***** in the front seat of me stretching his legs for 1200 miles while im sittting with my chest to my knee. i try and stretch but it doesnt help. sometimes i go outside and night and just run circles and do stretches and try to wiggle the shiittiiness out of mybody. but it doesnt help. i feel cramped up, litterally. like i am sitting in the trunk of a car or a box all smushed together. just sitting there/here. why do i feel this way? If anybody can help me with any of my questions with any type of response with anything to say to help or to contradict. please. o please. type away. release the deeds onto the ungrown seed. help me. help me to see or to get on the path of what i ineed to see. or anything. just speak, what is your thought on this or that, anything. i have no friends either. i want so much and wish i could get it but i dont know how to go for it and get it. ( i have been eating icecream about 4 or 5 times a day for the past few days, nothing else. everytime im hungry its icecream, choc syrup, and peanut butter - is this bad for me?) so again i speak of and announce to any of you that sat through all of this and beared the pain, thankyou so much and if you have anything to say back to me i would be lay'ed in a full frontel appreciation position and bask in the thought of a online penpal sort of speak. because i am looking to write and hoping to read a lot of stuff and get into the real world, im starting to see that online is pretty real, i think? i dont know, in a way, or am i wrong? well anyway. any replys about anything, please. thanks.

theMaRTuiGaN

You might find this article useful for some background on philosophy. It might also help you to focus your thoughts and questions.

Please try to arrange your posts into paragraphs - a very long, uninterrupted post is extremely difficult to read. We welcome your questions and ideas. :shrug:

I don't think it's good for you to eat ice-cream all the time; maybe only have it as an occasional treat. I think all the sugar is making you jittery. Include lots of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet.

thanks much for the reply and for the article.... thank you so much for the article. and again i am sorry about the paragraphs, for my next threads and or responds i will try to make parapraphical forms. thanks again.

theMaRTuiGaN

Proof reading is alot a helpful tool. Make sure to go back to make sure YOU understand what you're saying.

You can start this process anytime. With say, any of your previouse posts. That is if you want. This isn't a suggestion though. Nor do I suggest you do it. :)

I hear cries for help,

DCL

to be honest with you i dont know exactly what i am saying all of the time. i know what i am trying to say but how it comes out i am unaware of. if you could tell me what to proof read i would be very delighted. is it my grammar that you talk about? my spelling, punctuation, or is it because it is not in paragraphical form; is it that i dont capitalize the sentenences??? pLeaSE tell me... whatever it may be, i will try to make my posts easier for others to read any way possible. what do you think i need to do better...please o lord please be more honest with me. help me. tell me what more you want from me. what more can i do to get love from you. why will you not bless me o' lord. please be honest.] and tell me what it is that i could do to make the words a little more comprehendable by the eyes and brains of other human kind. the lifeform from the word after and before is the word and the thought of the wisdom mans whoRe.

Tell me WhaT it is please. I would like to know. What about my typing should I work on changing? Should I work on changing the fact that I don't capitalize and punctuate? shouLd I make sure that my spelling is accurate and my words are up-right? Should I try and make better paragraphical form out of my words? TO long of sentences? What is it that I am doing wrong? Please tell ME.

What can I do better; to HeLP you to understand what I am trying to say more easiLy? Is there anything?

Or is it just because you just all out not like the words that i speak? Do I not say them good enough for you? What is IT?

I do not understand what you want me to do diferentLY. It is not the only comment that I have recieve'd like that, so I know that there is something I am doing wrong with my typing skills, when I just flat out type.

One of the reasons I do that is so then I know when I am actually putting thought into what I am typing and how I am typing it and then the other way, the way that you do not like, is the way that I type when I am just typing, when I am just going off on the typewriter without the knowledge of what I am typing.

I would like to do anything I can to make how I type a little more clear'er for you. If it is the punctuation then I will take more time and punctuate. But in order for me to adapt to how you guys understand it, I need to know how you guys understand it; the only way that I know, is how I understand it. so PLEASE help me to understand it. I beg" of You. PLease I am on ONE nee and I am at yur' feet. HELP me....will you please...HELP ME TO ADAaPT>>>>

thank YOU>>>........<<<

theMaRTuiGaN

You can knock two stones with one bird, that's right two stones, one bird. If you reup on your own thoughts before you press that "Post Quick Reply" button.

Start listening to yourself, while you listen and try to understand others. That's a tough balencing act that get's easier after time.

Don't worry about it though. If you keep up and leave what doesn't work, you'll find the harmony of conversation you're seeking. For now, try to keep it to one very effective paragraph. You know, one with say 5 or less sentances and say three or fewer commas. Make sure these thoughts with structure count. Or else the next ones won't be counted at all.

I'm availible on the AIM, AIM=

DarkColoredLight

I don't want you to do anything. But, if you want me to read you might want to MEAN more. It just helps to say less sometimes.

This doesn't mean using words twice your size.

It's easier to listen. Which is one of the hardest things to do without alot of practice. As for truth, it's an illusion. The illusion of what is obvious, understandable, and justified. But, I might just be telling a lie.

Let me guess, you also have a "poor" memory?

I am sorry to everybody that does not like the way that I type. Let me explain something to you before you jump to conclusions. When I type I do not really think about what I am typing, i just type it and whatever comes out just comes out and then sometimes I do not like to go back and proofread it because sometimes I have typed so much.

I am trying to adapt to what other people are used to and want to see, so all of the advice I am really enjoying and liking. As far as the capitilizing, I am sorry about that, i will also try to stop doing that, but like everything else, it just happens.

I am hoping to adapt and become one with the rest after some time, but right now I feel that I dont know what that is. I dont know what it is that I am doing.

and You are correct DarkColoredLight, i do have a poor memory, as a matter of fact, i have a very poor memory.

thanks again.

theMaRTuiGaN

and You are correct DarkColoredLight, i do have a poor memory, as a matter of fact, i have a very poor memory.

thanks again.

theMaRTuiGaN

In a month or so come back to this thread for a good laugh at yourself. For now you can look at some of my earlier posts to have a good laugh at me.

Practice makes perfect, but I've yet to meet someone perfect,

DCL

Might I make another guess; You're going through an epiphany of some sort?

Might I make another guess; You're going through an epiphany of some sort?

Yes, you might take another guess and what do you know. You might even get another correct answer. After that I think I am going to have to check up on some of your older posts.

Before I fully release the answer of YES upon your face let know that in order for [me] to get that answer I had to look up the definition of epiphany.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/epiphany

When I first looked at the definitions i would have said NO to your question, but then I seen definition number three, I especially like B because of the Frank Maier saying: “I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself”. I dont know who he is, but that is a very good accurate definition of what I am going through.

I am guessing that you went through something similar also? An epiphany of some sort.

I like epiphany alot, I think, because it is a word that has not been mis-used and over-used to me. Like the word love or bless. even the words please and thank you, I think, are over-used.

I feel almost like a baby child. Like I am lost, I dont know what is in front of me, or even behind me for that matter. I dont know what I am looking for or even why I am looking for it. I dont know who I am going to become, but I do know that I am becoming somebody else. But I feel like I am stuck, I feel maybe scared because I dont know what is going on or what is going to happen. I dont know if I am ever going to stop twisting and binding and flailing and falling. Im stretching but I feel like I am in a box. I am learning more everyday but at the end of the day it doesnt feel like I learned enough. I try but it is not hard enough, because I am not succeeding. What do I try now. What do I do and where Do I go? Ive gone here and there; Ive tried her and him, ive looked up and down, north and south. Ive called and stopped and asked and talked. Ive done what I know I could do but I still have not found an answer. that is why I have come to the computer. NOT in just my thoughts but with my mind. I am trying to bring my problems to the computer.

For more then just one reason. I want to bring my mind here so other people can look at what they think and tell me so I can learn from it, I can learn from what people actually and realistically think of me and I can try to change that in order to addapt and fit in with the world or with what I fear i am not fitting in with. I am a very isolated person, in certain ways, but the problem with that is the fact that I isolate myself and I dont even know why. So again, I am hoping and going to try and use this internet thing to work on my problem and maybe even make a friend or two, I dont know, My whole view on a friend is mis-guided and wrong.

What exactly is a friend? I have had friends; so I thought. With my friends, I helped them when they needed help. I borrowed them money when they were out, cigarettes, rides, hell even a place to stay. Where are my friends now? I haha when I think about it but in actuality it kind of pisses me off. When I get more riches they might stop in just to try and use up all of mine. But when I am out and on a none they are sitting in their fancy what nots having fun with their riches. i would almost say that they are smarter then me, because they have their own riches but come to me until mine is gone and then use theres while I have none. But is it because they are smarter then me, or is it just because they are dumner then me. so even without the answer to that question I still have the answer that it is true that I have no friends, maybe I do have friends, but friends are not actually what I think friends are suppose to mean. What is a friend? All of my "friends" have used me and now are gone because I am out of what they wanted from me. Now that I am sitting here, lost and without I have no friends. Nobody is here to give me some riches, but I'm sure i will see them again looking to get some riches. the thing about it is that I wont even have any riches for myself. so then what, what now and i apalogize to anybody and everybody that reads my posts. I want you to understand and realize that I cannot proof read and take anything out of these posts because then i would be altering the truths and what the truth is, is that this is what my mind told me to type. I see now that I have typed it and thought it that I should probably delete it. Why? Because some people would get the wrong impression and some people, who think that they are better then everybody else will be offended by it. I understand that it may not be polite, and if you think that it is wrong or not right that is totally understandable because I dont usually talk like that, but if you are straight up 'offended' by it then I honestly do think that you have to much soup in your cup. Thank you all and again.

theMaRTuiGaN

PS2DCL

for one if you do not want to read all I have said I leave only this for you; I do think that what I "am having" is an epiphany. If you have gone through this then maybe you would be able to tell me more about it? if there is anything. How long does it last or take, and what exactly is it? is it what it says it is. Again how long will it last? and What will happen?

Edit by pgrmdave: This is not your home. This is a public forum with rules against obscene language. If you are going to remain here, show some respect.

Yes, you might take another guess and what do you know. You might even get another correct answer. After that I think I am going to have to check up on some of your older posts.

Before I fully release the answer of YES upon your face let know that in order for [me] to get that answer I had to look up the definition of epiphany.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/epiphany

When I first looked at the definitions i would have said NO to your question, but then I seen definition number three, I especially like B because of the Frank Maier saying: “I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself”. I dont know who he is, but that is a very good accurate definition of what I am going through.

I am guessing that you went through something similar also? An epiphany of some sort.

I like epiphany alot, I think, because it is a word that has not been mis-used and over-used to me. Like the word love or bless. even the words please and thank you, I think, are over-used.

PS2DCL

for one if you do not want to read all I have said I leave only this for you; I do think that what I "am having" is an epiphany. If you have gone through this then maybe you would be able to tell me more about it? if there is anything. How long does it last or take, and what exactly is it? is it what it says it is. Again how long will it last? and What will happen?

The best way I can describe an epiphany is just a reawakening. You look at the world different. You use you peripheral vision a bit more. You can handle more tasks, which is a good thing because it gets your mind off of your mind. You start to listen to people different. You START going crazy is what an outsider might think. Well what makes me different? I'm technicaly an outsider looking in. Why don't I see you as crazy? And why in George Clooney's name am I trying to help someone that might look like they're nuts. Who know's who cares, right?

But, like you said, you feel like a baby child. Is that because you are a baby child? You act like a baby child? Or, you're treated and misunderstood as a baby child?

You said you hope that people might learn from you. Or something to that effect. Then, right after that you said you want to fit this mold so people will understand you, and you can get your 2 cents in every now and then. Then you said you don't care if you offend people cause ****, you thought it. You felt comfortable enough to type it, and the reader read it. So what's done is done, you can't turn back time, so you might as well get over it. Now, put yourself in their position.

Don't let me guess that you've recently did mushrooms, cause that'd be too ironic.

DCL

no actually i havent dont any mushrooms. a long time ago i tried them but they did nothing to me. now i think that my friend was just dumn and didnt know what he was talking about. maybe it was because there wasnt many in the bag. maybe it was because we tried making 3 cups of tea out of what should have been 1 or maybe we should have just ate it, i dont know. i have always wanted to try mushrooms again, except to actually do them to where i could at least feel something from them. I hope that one day I will get to try them out again except for the better. I did just run out of marijuana though, so my posts, if any, will probably be a little bit diferent until I get some more.

I do feel like a baby child in the sense that I almost feel retarded, i feel like i am nothing, i know nothing and that i will always be this stupid [edited for obscene language] making up only a spec of the world; the main babyish feeling that i get is the fact that I feel like I dont know anything. I feel like alot of the stuff that I am learning about now is stuff that I should have learned about in highschool but did not. I feel like I am behind everybody else my age and even people younger then me when it comes to what i know. when i talk to somebody about something i know it doesnt seem that way but when i just think about what i actually know it does. because what do i actually know, other then what ive been told or looked up? how am i suppose to know if what i know is even true or not? i get this ansswer from this guy and then i get that answer from another guy and they are two diferent answers to the same question but they both believe that there answers are right. well maybe they are, but that is because there are 2 diferent people. now im just sitting here with 2 peoples diferent opinions on life and i still dont know the answer, instead i only 2 possibilities when what im looking for is the answer.

PS2DCL

No unfortanetly i have not done mushrooms; but i dream and plan/hope to partake in there beautiful natural abilities one day.

thank you and thanks again.

theMaRTuiGaN

Let me explain something to you before you jump to conclusions. When I type I do not really think about what I am typing, i just type it and whatever comes out just comes out and then sometimes I do not like to go back and proofread it because sometimes I have typed so much.

This is the source of your problem. Just think, if you don't like going back to read what you've typed, imagine how the rest of us feel?

Perhaps if you were to focus your thought a bit, and at least ATTEMPT to make your point clear to someone who is not an expert mind reader, you would do better here. You will only incur the wrath of those here if you choose to continue avoiding such steps.