Science Forums

Newsletter

Tormod

We sent out our first newsletter in quite a while on Saturday. I'd really like to hear what you folks think about it.

Any ideas for topics in upcoming newsletters?

Do you want a list of recent forums topics? News items? New member stats?

Did you like the member profile? Thanks to Tim_Lou for participating. I need new "victims"...anyone interested should contact me or IrishEyes.

Mine came through my gmail account with No problems. It looked great, and the kids all got a kick out the fact that it was both from me and to me. How cool am I??

Just in case anyone is wondering... I'd like to profile Uncle Martin for our Thanksgiving Newsletter issue, then get members to let me know who they want to be profiled for the December edition.

(continue from the other thread)

My email does not have any spam filters. It's bluehyppo.com. I never receive spams and thus don't need filters. But I did not get the newsletter. It's not that difficult to spot new emails since I usually only receive about one or two each day.

Originally posted by: TINNY

NO wonder I didn't get the newsletter. I noticed that my email had been wrong. It should be @bluehyppo.com. somehow it turned into @blueREMOVEhyppo.com. Can you send another one? I'll correct my email

The REMOVE thingy is just there to stop spam harvesters from stealing e-mails! The newsletter was sent to the correct address.

I think those newsletter will remind people to come to the forums more often, which is very good.

That's part of the plan, Aki... (echo of evil cakcle in the background...) If we can get peoplehere on a regular basis, we are planning on taking all of the revenue from the ads and buying our very own island somewhere... oh darn, I let the bat out of the bag! now i'll have to let Freethinker out of his cage to go hunt down another one

On a more serious note... I'd like to profile each of the Admins, the Moderators, and any member that either has over 100 posts or has been here for over a year. After we get all of those done, we'll have to start preying on other unsuspecting victims...ahem - members.

How did you come up with the ingenious "The days are getting longer now" theme? You need better proof readers.

That's it, my proof-reader is FIRED! Do you hear me? F-I-R-E-D!! Or maybe that should be 'fried' from the sun during those looooooong days, huh? LOL!! I think maybe it's that I'm babysitting my neighbor, whose husband has been out on travel for 3 weeks, and my days and nights are reversed right now. I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep during the moonlit hours, so the days seem REALLY long instead of the other way around. Sorry about that, hope you can overlook this latest of my many messups.

Wasn't I just telling Blame how easy it is to get caught by my own words around here?