Science Forums

Broken coccyx (sp?)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Bum was doing fine, till today.:eek2:

I didn't sit down funny or anything similarly stupid, I helped a friend of mine lift a plow, and on THREE!, when we heaved like two plow-heavers, I distinctly felt a <<<SNAP>>> in my ***. And ended up crying like a baby, again. I guess whatever ligament/muscle/whatever that connects to the coccyx to strengthen it, simply tore off.

So, after almost a year, I'm right slap-bang back to square one.:hihi:

• 2 years later...

Okay, dudes & dudettes.

HORROR.

Bent down this arvie (afternoon for all you non-SAffers) to pick up a 10 kay-gee (kilogram for all you yankee bastards out there) bag o'dog food, and me ***-bone snapped...AGAIN.

Back to jolly square one. And it hurts exactly like it did, three years ago.

I give up.

My *** is no joy.

Okay, dudes & dudettes....Bent down this arvie (afternoon for all you non-SAffers) to pick up a 10 kay-gee (kilogram for all you yankee bastards out there) bag o'dog food, and me ***-bone snapped...AGAIN...

Lift with your KNEES man. Don't bend to lift; SQUAT.

Also, do Yoga. I'm not pulling your leg, do yoga, twice a week for 2 months. you'll feel pops and snaps and then you'll never feel them again.

Also, do Yoga. I'm not pulling your leg, do yoga, twice a week for 2 months. you'll feel pops and snaps and then you'll never feel them again.

Yeah, of course not. Of course he won't ever feel the pops and snaps again if he does yoga, because he's gonna break his neck and become paralyzed from the neck down. I've never met him in person, but I'm getting the sense that our bovine decorating friend isn't the most graceful ballerino to be found in SA. :sherlock:

Kidding aside, GAHD is quite right... It's a good route to take. :weather_storm:

Okay, dudes & dudettes.

HORROR.

Bent down this arvie (afternoon for all you non-SAffers) to pick up a 10 kay-gee (kilogram for all you yankee bastards out there) bag o'dog food, and me ***-bone snapped...AGAIN.

Back to jolly square one. And it hurts exactly like it did, three years ago.

I give up.

My *** is no joy.

I'm sorry, but this made me lol.

Yet, I know the feeling. Well, I've never had a broken coccyx, but I've thrown out my back lifting similar weight. No fun! :bounce:

All I can suggest is to take it easy and put a cold compress on your ***. Take some aspirin and do some yoga. :circle: