Science Forums

Lost Civilisations

Panjandrum

Still more on Pyramids!

http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/news.html

Interview with Jonanthan Rider - Posted on 28 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

As a graduate student at Oxford, Jonathan Rider is deeply rooted in the formal methodologies of archaeology, which he sought to practice here for his volunteer period of the past three weeks.

Read More...

Interview with Victor Acimovic - Posted on 26 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

Viktor Ačimović is a veteran archaeologist with over twenty years of field experience, and currently a lead supervisor in the Archaeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation.

Read More...

Mid-Week Update for 24.08.2006 - Posted on 25 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

This week has been marked by progress and expansion on the Pyramid of the Moon, and some renewed activity on the Pyramid of the Sun. Some of this is perhaps due to the arrival of Jordanian archaeologist Zakariya Ben Badhann...

Read More...

STORY - written by Hyperborean - Posted on 24 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

After a strenuous, but useful and enlightening experience I have received by climbing the Visocica and Pljesevica Hills and after having favourable weather conditions, I decided to dedicate some hours of my time to explore the mysterious place of Vratnica.

Read More...

How Vratnica got it�s name? - Posted on 24 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

Some historical notes - The significance of Visoko in the 15th century is witnessed by the existence of custom duty, which mentions only Bosnian king�s custom officers, and the colony of Dubrovnik people in Podvisoki, as well by the highly developed trade...

Read More...

Interview with Tatjana Sucec - Posted on 23 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

Tatjana Sucec, a lawyer from Zagreb and one of the project's many valuable Volunteers for these last few weeks, left Visoko on Sunday. In Zagreb she helps defend the rights of refugees seeking asylum.

Read More...

Status Report for the Week of 20.08.2006 - Posted on 21 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

With Semir Osmanagic, the president of the foundation and its biggest booster, back in America tending to personal and business affairs this week, the flow of visiting dignitaries and businessmen has slowed substantially.

Read More...

Mid-Week Update for 17.08.2006 - Posted on 21 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

This week has been marked by the beginning of the MAC�s efforts to demine the former lines of war on the plateau of the Pyramid of the Moon. The demining operation is being done by machine, to a depth of 10 cm.

Read More...

Interview with Visnja Dobric - Posted on 21 Aug 2006 by NEWSBot

Visnja Dobric, Croatian civil engineer and incomparable morale booster, left the project on August 16, after two weeks spent here in her second tour of duty. Though she has many years of professional training, she is happy helping in any way she is needed.

Read More...

Forum Members Chose The Vratnica Hill's Name! - Posted on 19 Aug 2006 by Hyperborean

The bosnian pyramid website forum members chose the provisory name of the hill in Vratnica. The most voted name option is "Temple of Heaven"! In order to shorten the waiting time and to put the new high quality pictures at your disposal this name has been given to the new...

Read More...

• 4 weeks later...
120,000 years ago, Britain was going through a warm phase. Chris Stringer describes it as a British fauna with an exotic twist.

There were no people for 100,000 years, despite an ancient species being there 700,000 years ago. Settlement was established, but died out when the weather became severely cold as ice ages took hold.

Despite there being a permanent land bridge, connecting Britain to continental Europe, in the middle Pleistocene, the period which begins 790,000 years ago, the English Channel was cut by a catastrophic event. Fresh water built up and burst through the land bridge, cutting the English Channel.

The first modern people arrived in Britain 30,000 years ago, and they were wiped out at the peak of the last ice age, 20,000 years ago. Continuous human occupation in Britain has only run during the last 12,000 years.

So Britain was often empty of people. It happened 7 times. The present occupation is the 8th. This is unlike Africa, where human occupation has been continuous.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/scienceshow/stories/2006/1746578.htm#

Australia, a former British colony, which still has the English Queen as head of state,

has been continuously populated from 40,000 to 70,000 years ago.

(depending on which archeologist you talk to)

• 2 weeks later...
Whats your point?

So Britain was often empty of people. It happened 7 times. The present occupation is the 8th. ERGO 7 lost civilastions

The aborigines were never a civilisation

They might disagree. How do you define "a civilisation"

and neither are they lost.

Just interesting that the age of the civilisation does not determine who comes out on top. I wonder why?

• 1 year later...
Just interesting that the age of the civilisation does not determine who comes out on top. I wonder why?

Disasters Mate. Rocks from space. So, I'm listening to the author of this book I'm linking, and his take is that the Druids are the survivors of Lemuria & Atlantis after the 'disaster' that settled in Ireland and that they resettled the world and in fact built the pyramids. It's an 1,100 page book they say, and from his talk it is at the very least interesting reading as a compendium of facts. Enjoy. :) :)

"The Irish Origins of Civilization, by Michael Tsarion...An Investigation into the Extermination of the Druids and the Rise of Judeo-Christianity, The Servants of Truth, Druidic Traditions and Influence Explored, The West to East Dispersion of Civili

Disasters Mate. Rocks from space. So, I'm listening to the author of this book I'm linking, and his take is that the Druids are the survivors of Lemuria & Atlantis after the 'disaster' that settled in Ireland and that they resettled the world and in fact built the pyramids. It's an 1,100 page book they say, and from his talk it is at the very least interesting reading as a compendium of facts. Enjoy. :D :)

"The Irish Origins of Civilization, by Michael Tsarion...An Investigation into the Extermination of the Druids and the Rise of Judeo-Christianity, The Servants of Truth, Druidic Traditions and Influence Explored, The West to East Dispersion of Civili

Michael Tsarion put the Atlantis disaster at ~13,000 years ago, as well as another disaster around 2,500 BC. Whether he is aware or not, these dates both match new evidence in recent years for major space rock impact to Earth.

Links:

http://hypography.com/forums/earth-science/12526-carolina-bays.html?highlight=North+Carolina+Bays

http://hypography.com/forums/environmental-studies/11540-space-rock-impact-site-s.html?highlight=earth+impacts

In closing, here's an interesting bit on a new henge found in Sweden and dated to ~3,000 BC. :)

The Local - Ancient stone circle found in Skåne

Ancient remains including a 3,000 year-old stone circle and presumed place of sacrifice have been discovered near Vitemölla on Österlen in the far south of Sweden. The site extends over two hectares and is older and bigger than the region's celebrated Ale's Stones. ...

It is a tossup between the Greeks and Romans. The Age of Pericles and the time of Julius Cesear both sound intriguing.

You might like the book "Pericles Of Athens And The Birth Of Democracy"

by Donald Kagan. I wish everyone would read this book and learn the differences between Sparta and Athens, because I think this book gives us an important insight into Hitler's New World Order and Bush's New World Order, and what happened to the democratic culture of the US. Donald Kagan points out Athens democracy lasted only 200 years, about the same about of time of as the democracy of the US. He warns we should not take our democracy for granted, and compared to the democracy of the past, the present one is as mechanical as Hitler's Germany and almost as authoritarian.

What do you think of the saying, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it?

Panjandrum, if you mean the discussion of boomerangs, it is lasting because of your insistence despite warnings on behaviour.

Unlike Guantanamo, both you and Panjandrum are free (and welcome) to go elsewhere if you don't like it here.

I was wondering why the discussion about boomerangs went on for so long. As someone new who has to wade through all the pages of this thread I am looking forward to when the thread gets back on topic. I am also a bit sensitive to the "if you don't like it, leave" attitude. Reminds of me the saying, "America, love it or leave it" when the democracy of the of the US has been perverted by the Military Industrial Complex of which Eisenhower warned us. When people express concern about a problem, they are demonstrating that they care, and I think it is harmful to slap caring people in the face with a "if you don't like it, leave" attitude. My experience in forums that operated with this contempt of caring people is, they are likely to become unpleasant, as the caring people leave and those in power drive them off. I hope that doesn't happen here, because many of post are very good.

Because of the book "The Mayan Factor" by Jose Arguelles, I am intrigged by the Mayan culture, its calander and harmonic math (also consider Pythagoras and the harmony of the universe and the lasted theory of unification). The Mayans used the matrix long before modern science discovered the matrix, and if Jose is correct, the matrix shows the location of 52 energy points in our bodies, also known as Chinese accupuncture points. This goes with an understanding of Bio-Electromagnetic Battery & Sense-Feild and the Human in Psycho-Sensory Resonance.

To put the above, in the words of Chardin, a Catholic Priest- God is asleep in rocks and minerals, waking in plants and animals, to know self in man. We are light bodies, and our reality is directed from the center of the universe, relayed to us through the sun. Ra, Egyptian sun god.

Mayan concepts may not be so different from other ancient concepts. It could be related to Mu and Atlantis, and the desperate, last minute spread of information. The Great Pryamid of Gisa could be a record of earth history with passages marking different historic periods. The Chinese I Ching appears to be our 64 DNA and fits in the center of the Mayan matrix. When the I Ching is put into a graft, it looks like a heart beat, with highs and lows seeming to corrolate with the ups and down of human history, and stopping, like a stopped heart beat in 2021- the reverse of 2012. The East and West seem to mirror each other with India and the Hopi sharing words, only they have opposite meanings, such as the word for day is the word for night.

This may be really far fetched, but astrology (New Age), the pyramid, the I Ching, and the Mayan calander may all say the same thing. We may be at the end of a galactic cycle and beginning of a new one. This galactic cycle takes 52,000 years, not just in the Mayan calender, but in physical reality, that is how long it takes our gallaxy to circle the center of the universe. This position in the cycle is significantly different from the rest of the journey.

Because of all the mystry, I can not pick one lost civilization over another, and yes, I do think they could have something very important to offer us. I will always wonder about the tribes around the world, who believe visitors told them to care for the planet, and that they would return, and the skyward looking faces on Easter Island, and the sacred circles found around the world, and possibility that the Great Pyramid tells us the circumference of the earth and distance from the sun, and was possibly oriented toward Orion.

When people express concern about a problem, they are demonstrating that they care, and I think it is harmful to slap caring people in the face with a "if you don't like it, leave" attitude. My experience in forums that operated with this contempt of caring people is, they are likely to become unpleasant, as the caring people leave and those in power drive them off.
Panjandrum is not a "caring person" at all, she is a troll and has long since been banned. You may have missed a few other things too, I hope it is only because you are new here. Do you prefer unmoderated forums, where trolling and flaming and other troubles aren't kept in check? :shrug:

I hope that doesn't happen here, because many of post are very good.
Welcome to Hypography. :) If you think this, just be a rule abiding member and let staff take care of matters such as the above. Don't confuse them with political issues either. There's a fundamental difference between saying "if you don't like it, leave" about a person's nation and saying it about a web forum, club, or other community they decided to join. Call it the difference between citizenship and membership.

BTW, your next post was much more like it, as a way to bring the thread back on topic. ;)