1 member has voted

1. 1. How Do You Start A Poll?

• Push the Start Button
    • Fire a starter pistol
    • Kickstart it
    • Ply it with liquor and pills
    • Rub it on the underbelly
    • Ask a professional pollster
    • Must have started more than X number of threads???

Did you get help or not? Sounds to me like you are really upset about something.

Projection, perhaps?:shrug: ;)

The fact that you were not allowed to post polls in that forum was the first clue. The second was my PM and Turtle's response, above.

And the third "clue" is your comment in a thread that no one is allowed to post there except a "select few." Not everyone enjoys a clue hunt; why not just spell it out in the user level descriptions?

Now, is there anything else we can do for you? :)

Well yeah, thanks for asking.:) I realize forums this large require the power to ban members occasionally. But Hype's policy on banning seems subjective and whimsical. Consider instituting a three person panel to arbitrate banning members. Since no one is perfect, there is always a danger that the verdict of an individual may be warped by prejudice or distorted by passion. Group judgment is more likely to eliminate the unfairness of personal bias.

Thanks,

—Saitia

And the third "clue" is your comment in a thread that no one is allowed to post there except a "select few." Not everyone enjoys a clue hunt; why not just spell it out in the user level descriptions?

Good idea. But your "I am annoyed" slant is tiring. How big is the chip on your shoulder?

Well yeah, thanks for asking.:shrug: I realize forums this large require the power to ban members occasionally. But Hype's policy on banning seems subjective and whimsical.

Thank you for sharing. What makes it appear this way?

Consider instituting a three person panel to arbitrate banning members. Since no one is perfect, there is always a danger that the verdict of an individual may be warped by prejudice or distorted by passion. Group judgment is more likely to eliminate the unfairness of personal bias.

We ban spammers instantly, without remorse. In extreme cases we also need to ban a member pretty fast, to save them from themselves. This rarely happens, and usually only temporarily

Members who are in the "begging for a ban zone", and who are up for a permanent ban, are discussed by the mods and admin. This team totals about 15-16 people. However, there are only a few members with the power to place a ban - these are the admins, and they only ban someone when it has been discussed by the moderators (except for spammers).

You can see the list of staff members here:

http://hypography.com/forums/showgroups.php