Science Forums

Bible is word of God ...

PetriFB

PetriFB- Man you are all over the place,Pick one thing,maybe "Man could live over 900 years" and try to have a rational discussion with some members.You are really laying it on heavy Dude. Your style reminds me of a preacher from my youth who was so heavy handed,boring and obtuse,that I started looking into "non-Christian" explainations for what I saw around me.I went to the library and searched for any book I could find that questioned or critiqued Christianity. His preachy cold flacid style made me look for answers outside of the church,and,man,what an awakening for a 12 year old! What started out as youthful rebellion turned into a thirst for knowledge.

In retrospect,his incessant rambling was the start of a love affair with books and a beginning to the end of my association with the church.I credit him with single-handedly opening my eyes to other possibilities. On second thought,keep it up, lay it on heavy,there might be a young person reading your posts and thinking"man that sounds like bullshit," then googles "Christianity is bullshit" and he starts reading...

PetriFB- Man you are all over the place,Pick one thing,maybe "Man could live over 900 years" and try to have a rational discussion with some members.You are really laying it on heavy Dude. Your style reminds me of a preacher from my youth who was so heavy handed,boring and obtuse,that I started looking into "non-Christian" explainations for what I saw around me.I went to the library and searched for any book I could find that questioned or critiqued Christianity. His preachy cold flacid style made me look for answers outside of the church,and,man,what an awakening for a 12 year old! What started out as youthful rebellion turned into a thirst for knowledge.

In retrospect,his incessant rambling was the start of a love affair with books and a beginning to the end of my association with the church.I credit him with single-handedly opening my eyes to other possibilities. On second thought,keep it up, lay it on heavy,there might be a young person reading your posts and thinking"man that sounds like bullshit," then googles "Christianity is bullshit" and he starts reading...

God has His ways to reach you ....... if we people fail ........

Is it safe to say that the word of God was delivered to paper by men who heard the words of God? And it is their skill with language and their interpretation of what God told them that we rely upon as the starting point for the word of God?

Bill

It is the truth ....

If man has written all the words of God, how can you tell which are the true words of God, and which are the words men claim to come from God?

Bill

If man has written all the words of God, how can you tell which are the true words of God, and which are the words men claim to come from God?

Bill

People has written the Bible through guidance of God's Spirit........

It is same like in the work boss dictates his own message to secretary ...... so you see that every words, which secretary writes are not her words, but words of her boss .....

People has written the Bible through guidance of God's Spirit........

It is same like in the work boss dictates his own message to secretary ...... so you see that every words, which secretary writes are not her words, but words of her boss .....

What happens when the secratary writes things that were not dictarted by the boss. And nobody but the secratary has access to the boss. How do you know what was from the boss, and what was only from the secratary? What prevents the secratary from lying or putting words into the boss's mouth?

Bill

What happens when the secratary writes things that were not dictarted by the boss. And nobody but the secratary has access to the boss. How do you know what was from the boss, and what was only from the secratary? What prevents the secratary from lying or putting words into the boss's mouth?

Bill

Only Boss can think like Boss and secretary like secretary .........

There is also big difference between thoughts of God and man ....

A cursory surch on google shows PetriFB is a 43 yr. old from Finland who is a poster on dozens of sites, averaging about ten posts per site.

He seems to be making no friends on these sites,be they scientific or religious in nature.He doesn't seem to be a great listener,and is not interested in rational dialog.I think there is a word for people like this,but I can't remember...

A cursory surch on google shows PetriFB is a 43 yr. old from Finland who is a poster on dozens of sites, averaging about ten posts per site.

He seems to be making no friends on these sites,be they scientific or religious in nature.He doesn't seem to be a great listener,and is not interested in rational dialog.I think there is a word for people like this,but I can't remember...

Banished?

Only Boss can think like Boss and secretary like secretary .........

There is also big difference between thoughts of God and man ....

Then why can't you tell me how we tell the difference? Thousands of people around the world claim to hear the voice of God. They hear Him saying many things, often in conflict with what others claim to hear Him saying. So how is it that you tell the difference between the echo of the voice of God through a man, and the words of a man claiming to be the words of God.

Here is a hint for you. The answer is not "you can just tell" or "God's voice is different than man's" or any other evasive BS. Generate some kind of answer about the thought process that goes into the evaluation of text in determining it is the word of God. Your answer can be Faith, but that excuses you from further objective discussion of the topic.

Bill

I am trying to give him every opportunity to discuss. We will see how he handles it.

Bill