Science Forums

You may have less of a reaction to cheese as the enzymes help break down casein,or develop allergy like symptoms.For me, drinking a glass of milk will cause severe stomach upset, but having some pepper jack cheese does not bother my stomach at all.I will become congested within a few hours of consumption, though.Camembert? Very hard to live without, as there are so few pleasures in life! Indulging a little, will probably make you happy and that has got to be a good thing!

You may find that cheese made from goat's milk is more tolerable, but it does contain lactose if that is the source of your problem. There are also cheese substitutes on the market made from soy, which could be an option as well.

On an addtional note, wine can relieve an upset stomach.

It has anti bacterial agents that may counter act bacteriums like streptococcus found in unpasteurized cheese such as Camembert.So may be a good combination for addressing both the stomach issues as well as potential infection. And of course, very pleasing to taste, when consumed together.:naughty:

I saw the other day that in a place, in Europe I believe, they are using human milk to make cheese, ice cream and even to drink. The milk is proved at a rather high price by lactating women who have milk to spare. It does seem really odd when looked at from the perspective, if we drink cows milk why is it so strange to think of drinking human milk?

When I first when to Europe I saw an "alternative" medical doctor and said "Right I am going to France Italy etc. I am going to eat everything. You stop me being sick."

Cruelly fate has decreed I am a foodie and love all food and great restaurants.

I wasn't expecting anything from the doc., but he gave me a drug called "Nalcrom" which I was to dissolve in warm water and drink a little before each meal.

Mostly I was careful not to eat my food triggers (yeasty things; wheat-I am not coeliac-) The main main effect on mood (depression anxiety foggy brain aggression), thinking and energy levels and bowel movements. But with Nalcrom eating everything in France, and real pizza in Italy was a great treat.

The nalcrom worked fine until I ran out of it in England and ate an English "pastie." these are made by the devil. England must have most of the worse cooks in the world living there. How 22 miles between them and France can make such a difference is amazing (Ever heard of deep fried pizza from the Fish and Chip shop?)

Fortunately my Oz doc had given me a script which I took to the British Chemist. He was surprised by it, and my use of it. "You know this is an old asthma drug don't you." he said. No I didn't. It took him a couple of days to order it in specially.

My Oz asthmatic medical friend tells me it is sodium cromoglicate (previously spelt cromoglycate in the UK).

Interestingly one of my Children is a severe asthmatic the other suffers from migraines (migraines are often attributed to food triggers). So there may be a genetic component to this.

I have a lot of delayed (48h) allergies which have made my life a misery. I have always suffered from haemorrhoids, often bleeding. My theory is that food has crossed into the blood at this point and set up an immune system response to many common foods such as yeast. I probably have anti-bodies to many food proteins.

I just did a web search of Nalcrom and found this

Nalcrom

Main Use Active Ingredient Manufacturer

Food allergy Sodium cromoglicate (oral). Pantheon

How does it work?

This medicine contains the active ingredient sodium cromoglicate (previously spelt cromoglycate in the UK), which is a type of medicine used to prevent the symptoms of allergies.

Sodium cromoglicate works by reducing allergic responses. It is not fully understood how it does this, but it is thought to work by 'stabilising' immune cells called mast cells. Mast cells are an important part of the immune system. They become sensitised when they are exposed to foreign particles or allergens. When this happens, the mast cells release substances that include histamine, and these subsequently go on to cause the symptoms of the allergy.

By stabilising the mast cells, sodium cromoglicate is thought to prevent the substances that cause the allergy, eg histamine, from being released when the cells encounter an allergen. This prevents the allergic response.

This preparation is used for individuals who suffer from food allergies, where the cause of the allergy has been previously determined.

Nalcrom

Also used for mastocytosis whatever that is

Nalcrom consumer information from Drugs.com