Science Forums

Time Travel and the baggage.

arkain101

Up to now time travel or time warps are theoretical suggestions of theoretical concepts.

Before working out the calculations and the validity of such a far stretched idea, there are some versions of baggage that come with this idea or claim.

There are catagories of time travel.

First, Can a person travel faster and live longer than his twin? Which is also saying age slower than his twin by temporaraly stretching the time in his own reference frame.

Second, Can a person travel to an event in time of the future that come to be or a place in the past that has been?

The first catagory states no traveling in time has occured but rather a change in the flow of time for the obsever that causes nothing more than things that measure time to measure time at a different rate, but when all is said and done you return to the same point only less aged.

The second catagor is traveling through time as if to imagine time as a never ending video tape and we can hop along its points and slip into the movie.

The first only warps and is not an actual 'time travel' the second is really time travel, and will explain why this is.

The baggage that comes with actual time travel. If we state we can travel to an event in the past, or travel to an event in the future we end up with a peice of baggage to deal with and when we open it we see this question insdie. Where is the matter, the energy, the information stored that contains the past and contains the future if it is possible for us to go to it/bring it to us, where is it coming from? Is Time is intelligent? Can it have a memory bank to hold all the events in history so one is able to travel to places in this time? Or is this just hogwash, time is a relative infinite now and does not pass here nor there or come from here nor there.

baggage is, Fact, in order to time travel, all of time must be stored somewhere, somehow.

The next question to ask is, If this is all possible where is all the history of time stored? What intelligence stores this information? Or can a dimnension store information? What is it?

Learning the answer to what holds the information may just be more important than learning how to time travel.

When we look at time flow change, we can see that one can not move to the past nor the future, but can affect the Now. Since you can not jump ahead in this method, you dont have to deal with storing information. Instead of jumping ahead you would experience the now around you faster so you would get to next week (on earth, after traveling in space) sooner, and no jumping or branching of time happens.

And one last time, time travel, jumps. It requires the now to have been recorded, stored, memory banked or it can not be gotten to, or retrieved.

So, We have some versions of time, some versions of time travel, and some versions of baggage (facts to deal with) from each one.

I say, if you believe time travel is possible you have stated everything is store by some amazing amazing memory bank!!

If you dont, I suppose everything is just infinite creation.

What do all say? Must history be stored to travel in time? What could store it?

Interesting thread indeed arkain!

In my opinion, time travel may indeed be well possible; BUT, in thoughts only not with the body.

If we accept the theory that the memory of all events is stored in the mass conciousness of the entire humanity, there is indeed no difficulty with the idea that one can travel in the history. All that is required, is the mind of the person to tune itself to that task. That is, to tune itself to the thoughts of the people s/he wants to interact in the past.:hihi:

Travelling into the future is an entirely different ball game. Here, one has to accept the theory of the continuity of the past and future events in the realm of thoughts. Something akin to the thought in the classical physics, that one can predict the future course of movement of a body, if one knows it coordinates and forces acting on it at a particular moment of time. Something which the present indeterministic physics totally discounts!;)

Hallenrm,

good thoughts...

If we accept the theory that the memory of all events is stored in the mass conciousness of the entire humanity

Say again? hummina hummina? I didnt know this was a theory.

I say, if you believe time travel is possible you have stated everything is store by some amazing amazing memory bank!!

If you dont, I suppose everything is just infinite creation.

I was thinking about this today in the shower. It occured to me that either way explains the same thing.

If there really is a way to time travel, and jump to the future or past, then, everything must be stored in some kind of form of intelligence. But, if you are also a person that considers the idea of time traveling causeing the creation of a new parrallel dimension, this creation requires intelligence or a resource aswell.

But if we argue against time travel all together, and consider there is no 'recording effect' of the past and there is no 'playing effect' of from the future, then all there is, is a constant creation of Now, of time unrelated infinity. We must consider the past and the future to not exist, but there is only a source of creation, all moments, all things are in this constant never ending, moment to moment creation.

So we look at both examples and we get intelligence memory (for time working time travel) creator and intelligence source (for new parralell dimension), and creator and resource of energy (for infinite creation in no time travel). Does this logic flow with anyone else? I find these thoughts so amazing and rather new from anything I've ever heard.

This then went to some further considerations. If time travel is not possible (which is what I am coming to believe [time travel, not time flow warping]), then we have this flow of creation. In nature we look at the study of physics and we have found light is a constant velocity. There are constants in the quantum physics realm and etc. These constants can not be broken according to relativity. Information or data can not exceed the speed of light, even though scientists are learning to manipulate the wave functions of a light wave.

So we apply all this evidence to a constant infinite creation of the NOW theory, and logically it makes sense. If you are, and everything is a manifestation of the now, then a constants will be the product of such a world.

I say this because, if true, you can not change the flow at which things are created with a constant of manifestation, that does not go into the past nor come from a future, it comes from a source but is only an experience of infinity, locked in a realm with constants that can not be broken, and all things material are locked in what seems like time because of this.

What is the creation, what is the source, what is the constant, what is the intelligence, and what is the force?

How do we explain this?