Science Forums

Forest Boy 2

Queso

So the forest boy is going to backpack from british columbia all the way down the west coast,

Any advice before I take off?

wear comfortable shoes.

and try to pack light. :evil:

I want to bike down, a similar way.

You see just as much, and can stop off wherever; just faster; less blisters too.

But some of those coast highways and roads I don't trust with bad drivers out there. Too narrow.

Pacific coast trail... I should google that.

Spend some time in Olympic national rain forest. the only rainforest in North America I believe...

right up in there on the way back South.

Some beautiful trails that time of year.

So the forest boy is going to backpack from british columbia next month all the way down the west coast, or something.

Any advice before I take off?

I hear good things about the Pacific Crest Trail. Friendly concientious hikers, local groups hiking in to leave supplies & maintain the trail, & plenty of info on the web & from forest service.

The trail crosses the Columbia River at the Bridge of the Gods, just about 15 miles East of me & barely half that from the location Racoon & I have looked for Sasquatch. If you end up coming this way & know when, let me know & I'll come out to meet you if possible.

Rather than me giving a list of links, Google 'Pacific Crest Trail'.:)