Science Forums

Is stoning more humane than crucifixion

Rebiu

Is stoning more humane than crucifixion?

I assume stoning is faster. That is assuming several minimal standards are met such as overall strength of the crowds throwing arms, eyesight and availability of quality stones. Perhaps a weak crowd could be augmented by allowing for a greater elevation of throwers relative to the condemned. If they are exceptional week perhaps prepared round stones could be rolled down an inclined plane.

In all fairness to crucifixion perhaps it could be sped up by using mirrors to increase the amount of sunlight exposure. One might devise a turning cross to facilitate even exposure. Better yet a horizontal rotisserie style cross.

In all fairness to crucifixion perhaps it could be sped up by using mirrors to increase the amount of sunlight exposure. One might devise a turning cross to facilitate even exposure. Better yet a horizontal rotisserie style cross.
And your next thesis is that the crown of thorns and flailing prior to it is to produce barbeque sauce? Nice troll. Prolly not appreciated by many here though. Please remember this is the Theology forum and you should not bait people with inflamatory comments about their beliefs. Thank you for your cooperation.

I didn't say anything of the sort,

Buffy

And your next thesis is that the crown of thorns and flailing prior to it is to produce barbeque sauce? Nice troll. Prolly not appreciated by many here though. Please remember this is the Theology forum and you should not bait people with inflamatory comments about their beliefs. Thank you for your cooperation.

I didn't say anything of the sort,

Buffy

Seems the only people I enflame are you two. Perhaps if you guys would stop molesting my threads they would either die an innocuous death or lead to a real and stimulating dialogue. Either would be better than this rather transparent hostility.

Seems the only people I enflame are you two. Perhaps if you guys would stop molesting my threads they would either die an innocuous death or lead to a real and stimulating dialogue. Either would be better than this rather transparent hostility.
Nah, we're just the ones who don't like offensive behavior, and I don't think you should wonder when people respond to your posts in kind.

You can try to say that the subject of this thread is simply clinical, but if that's the case you should have posted it in the Medical Science or Social Science forum. By putting it in the Theology forum, you implied--even if you think it was not your intent--that your goal was to inflame by implying superiority of the *religious* dictates of certain cultures. It was indeed offensive.

I know that many believe that if they simply use calm language that it cannot be construed as offensive, but in psychological terms its called "passive agressive" behavior, and that does not excuse it, in fact it makes it worse.

Sorry,

Buffy

Nah, we're just the ones who don't like offensive behavior, and I don't think you should wonder when people respond to your posts in kind.
If you are the ones who do not like offensive behavior then I assume the rest of the members like offensive behavior and therefore it is not offensive behavior?
You can try to say that the subject of this thread is simply clinical, but if that's the case you should have posted it in the Medical Science or Social Science forum. By putting it in the Theology forum, you implied--even if you think it was not your intent--that your goal was to inflame by implying superiority of the *religious* dictates of certain cultures. It was indeed offensive.
Well I am not saying that so in fact you are having an imaginary dialogue with yourself as usual.
I know that many believe that if they simply use calm language that it cannot be construed as offensive, but in psychological terms its called "passive agressive" behavior, and that does not excuse it, in fact it makes it worse.
Funny I was about to say the same thing about you.

Sorry,

Buffy

I doubt you are sorry, just like I doubt you outrageous online persona is used by a woman. Really what kind of woman would post such pictures, go by the name Buffy and haunt this board constantly. More than likely it is the product of a undersocialized and deprived misfit trying to project his personal and unbalanced fantasies.

I doubt you are sorry, just like I doubt you outrageous online persona is used by a woman. Really what kind of woman would post such pictures, go by the name Buffy and haunt this board constantly. More than likely it is the product of a undersocialized and deprived misfit trying to project his personal and unbalanced fantasies.

Ouch! :evil: :eek:

Its a Good thing the Buffster is such a strong Proponent of the 1st Ammendment. :phones:

I thought I was bad sometimes...

She's much more articulate than myself. Frankly, I thought your question (and a few others you've posed) was stupid, and, as your post resonding to Buffy above only reinforces, inflammatory.

You've got some issues. That's okay as long as you recognize it. Good luck with the new kid. Hopefully he won't be ruined by your own tunnel vision.

Cheers. :phones:

EDIT: changed gender pronoun of child upon reviewing other post.

Reibu among others (sometimes I think they are one in the same people just logged in under different pseudonames) is on my ignore list. I like many others find his comments inflammatory. Fortuneatly for myself, I tend not to comment on assanine threads like those he posts to.

Should he join himself to a thread that is relatively interesting and begin to sling his putrid sense of humor into it, then I would have a problem and report it. Meantime, thanks to the mods and those like Buffy who step up and try to keep things clean and unobtrusive to those of us who really use this forum for intellectually stimulating conversation.

Its a Good thing the Buffster is such a strong Proponent of the 1st Ammendment.
Why in heaven's name would I want to censor it? It speaks so eloquently for itself.

It was a reported post, guy: I have a tough hide, but many others were offended by it. I'd recommend you consider how it makes you look to the community here.

Cheers,

Buffy

Congratulations! Another thread successfully hijacked.

Buffy is a beacon of Wisdom :hihi:

BUT

Lets get this Thread back on track then.

I'm a glutton for punishment :shrug:

To answer your question - NO

You might make a case for lethal injection being a more "humane" way of killing someone :computer:

Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone,

Looney Racooney :kiss:

HAAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BOY! Are you gonna get it now!!!

:lol: :) :D :shrug: :lol: :hihi: :D :hyper: :lol: :hyper: :D :hyper: :lol: :hihi: :hyper: :hihi: :lol: :D :hihi:

Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone,

Looney Racooney :)

That is very interesting. If masturbation is a sin the one could extrapolate that Sinners would have much stronger throwing arms and therefore could get the job done much more efficiently.