Science Forums

What are the rules that guide how nature works.

clapstyx

Thats a bit broad isnt it lol

I am working on a book project to fund (hopefully very quickly) the preservation of the worlds oldest species whose habitat has recently become a residential sub-division. We are talking about some of the first birds, first flowering trees, that sort of thing.

As an interesting project I am looking to compile a book that I suppose you could call the "Logic of Nature" and have that logic expressed in the form of rules for simplicity.

I am no expert on this so I am coming to you for help but something like "Long term survival is the path through least critical errors and most positive options created in advance"

What I am looking to collate is not neccessarily a bunch of scientific absolutes, because science is unlikely to ever reach the point of absolute certainty. Certainly by then the worlds oldest forest will be gone.

So what I need in order to save things like the worlds first fruiting tree is a collection of short 2 line statements, that although perhaps not perfect, will give the average reader a quick insight into roughly how nature works...or at least how the best of us in this forum thinks its works when we analyse the logic behind such things as its longevity, success, evolution, and growth of interconnected yet successful biodiversity.

I cant keep this project open for more than 2 weeks because we are pushing a deadline here for a series of articles for National Geographic about how diverse communities are coming together to help save the worlds oldest rainforest.

All contributions will be acknowledged in the fundraising book publication, and will include water colour illustrations by some of the finest local artists in the area.

I would ask if possible that the administrators of this site advise how the thread may be printed, or perhaps they can do it and send it to :

Global Benefit Concert Project

PO Box 1395

Mossman,4873

Queensland

Australia

If you have any other ideas on "book compilation projects" that memebers of the forum may be able to make easy contributions to then plaese feel free to list them here and then create them. For simplicity of organisation prefix the titles with CX (abbreviated Clapstyx).

Others might include :

"A book of mum's sayings" phrases and what she meant.

I would like to administer this project myself however we are in advanced pre production for a fundraising movie, which if we complete these books in time may be able to include one or more of them sitting in the background on a coffee table somewhere and help promote them.

Clapstyx

Although established for use in chemical reactions I have always found Le Chatilier's Principle to be relevant in a much wider range of applications.

If to a system in equlibrium a constraint be applied, a change will take place within that system tending to nullify the effect of the constraint.

We are talking about some of the first birds, first flowering trees, that sort of thing.

Do you mean "...currently known to still be in existence"? Because I don't think we have any clue as to what was the first birds and the first flowering trees (and that sort of thing).