Science Forums

Universe's Intelligent Design by Evolution (UIDE)©

FRIPRO

MoonBaby:

The thrust of MagnetMan's posts on his vision, is a poorly thought out and elitist fantasy that hasn't, at all, stood up to scrutiny. This is a critique of the contents of his posts, there is no attack on him or his family.

That he is pushing a cult is a critique of his behaviour, again this is not insulting to him or his family, it is a conclusion based on observation of his behaviour.

Your last post is hysterical and paranoid.

I feel it was a natural assumption that you were referring to the lives certain of us have chosen to live, being that that has basically been the topic of conversation for the past five pages or so, rather than what you perceive about MM’s behavior. Whatever that means. I guess I still don’t see the Jonestown comparison here. And considering the context of the other words that have been used to refer to us personally… like I said, natural assumption… hardly hysterical. As far as I can see, having pointed out the bigoted nature of your post, your response is nothing but a cop-out. Can I take it you are retracting your statement about Jonestown? Or is the behavior of our family (being that my fathers vision is directly reflected within our family) still on the road to mass suicide? As to being paranoid… Again, I refer you to the last four or five pages, and tell me it is paranoia. Maybe I’ll just add that to the list. :)

My abject apologies to Frippo for being an accomplice in taking this thread so completely off topic.

I had a quite different take on this. According to popular wisdom fishermen are prone to exagerate their success, by quite a large margin. Hence remarks such as "You should have seen the size of the one that got away."

Thus, I took the poster to be pointing out, in a humorous manner, intended to lighten the tone of what had become a heated thread, a very serious point: the demonstrable unreliability of eyewitnesses.

As such, I thought it was the opposite of arrogant, and a nice attempt to make a point firmly, but gently.

Oh...I guess it's funny if you're not the butt of the joke. I think you guys are starting to lose the battle against MM and his family with this kind of reasoning. Boerseuns signature is a joke if you're a scientist, on the other side of the coin when you're the butt of joke it is an insult. If your'e a Christian, you are only supported by those who are popuarly prone to exageration, or the latter, the fisherman you are less rational than some or an outright liar. Either way it calls to arrogance for me. The fact that one doesn't see that and only sees it from the one side illustrates how human nature can be lopsided if not properly cultivated. (Maybe that's what MM is talking about when he says left and right brain, or as some say negative/positve, yin/yang, etc.)

Was it not Einstien who said that "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind"?

That a threat? What the hell is wrong with you?

That’s not a threat, it’s a promise. And if my Dad doesn’t wring your scrawny neck one fine day, I will. Remember I have seven siblings who are just as outraged as I am, not to mention our mom! You’ve been warned! :) :D

Not Funny?

Threatening me with physical violence won't improve neither your nor your father's case here, either.

I weigh 115, and if you’re scared of me you should be ashamed of yourself. You need to lighten up.

Not Funny?

I don't care your weight, or your gender, or whatever. Threats of physical violence are not called for. Period. I guess this is not the case in your well adjusted and polite, thick skinned, good humored, forward thinking, open minded, elegant, intellectual, artistic, humorous, daring, courageous, considerate and spiritual world.
I am officially extending my advise to lighten up to you, good sir. It was a jest, made to lighten up the seriousness of what was being said... considering what was said about and to me and my family I think it was quite tame. Typical to twist a joke in order to disguise a rudeness. I'm jumping off this dead horse.

Not Funny?

"The only thing that casts doubt on the miracles of Jesus is that they were all witnessed by fishermen."

Funny!??:) :(