Science Forums

In-no-cence

inside the sun

Innocence.

Brings forth the question.

If good exists, why does he let innocent babies die in suicidal bombings, (or any other event in which innocent people die).

First of all. If god exists, he created this place, this world, etc...everything else is nature. Our own free will, or the free will of that sucidal bomber is what killed the innocent baby, why would god step in save or take lives.

"if god takes life he's an indian giver."

-god doesnt take life, nor does he prevent death

therefore whether or not some so-called "innocent" person or persons

dies has nothing to do with God. so i don't think it should be used in the justification of whether or not He exists.

save justifications like that for superman, or batman, or another superhero.

Becuase those are the people that their existance revolves around protecting

the innocent. not god.

ITS - I battle to get the gist of your post. I'll try to reply, nonetheless:

If I read your post right, you're saying how can there be a god if innocent babies are blown up? The simple (and in my mind, probably the true answer) would be that the question is a non-starter, seeing as there is no such thing as a god.

It could, however, be explained from the other side in an Old-Testament kinda viewpoint that God is a God of vengeance, and in taking the lives of innocent babies He is actually punishing the baby's parents for some trespass they have committed.

That's the beauty of religion - you can prove just about anything relating to the concept of God.

Ka-ching!

There is a saying,

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

We dont understand death. Although we (our awareness) did arrive here on earth from somewhere and now we are here. We are not sure if we are going to go back to that somewhere or on to another somewhere.

If death is accepted as a part of life and a beautiful part of life, we will not fear it and we will not mourn for those who experience it. We may feel of course some kind of dread but possibly not with the same kind of fearful unknown. Not that I suggest this.

Then, if we look at innocent dieing and getting blown up, and some part of them just returns to where it was before it came here then obviously we would feel different on the design if god was responsible for it. Could it be like a video game, a training session? We lose once and awhile go back, realise it was no big deal then try again? That sounds rediculous and dangerous.

But my point is because we fear death we dont understand it and we cant accuratly judge it. We cant understand existence, or explain it or judge it. There is just so much to the fact that "IT ALL IS" .. and for some odd odd reason 'we' an I am substance is here part of it. But we just cant prove or disprove much of any of the details behind it.

Although it seems that when each person goes through a journey or quest to learn and find and understand why it is, consciousness, exisitence, they end up coming to a realization that they are connected to the universe as much as anything and everything else in it. In most cases after a vigerous journey leads to a feeling of god in you. It is true that god is not in all cases a logic to explain things not understood or made to understand, but also a place one can arrive in themself without actually physically ending up anywhere.

-theres something I've thought about before that I found interesting... If a being, or consciousness thinks of something, be it anything it could ever possibly imagine, then on some level in the space-time continuum, is it not true that it happened or came from somewhere?

If good exists, why does he let innocent babies die in suicidal bombings, (or any other event in which innocent people die).
A very common question, for which there’s a common, slam-dunk, dogmatic answer: “sometimes God loves a particular soul so much, He just can’t wait for them to get their heavenly reward, so He permits them to depart the veil of tears that is life early.” Implicit in this explanation is the idea that mortal life, suffering, and death is unimportant compared to the afterlife that follows.

Remarkably, though common among Christian religionists, the notion that innocent (eg: unborn or very young) children automatically attain eternal life is not, according to the interpretations of mainstream theologians, supported scripturally. In most versions the Christian dogma, all human beings are mortally guilty of original sin, which can only be expunged by an act of repentance and acceptance of Christ as the savior. Thus, young children intellectually incapable of these acts are not saved.

In contrast, the closely related religion of Islam rejects the concept of original sin, maintaining in its dogma that all are born without sin, but quickly begin accumulating it thought unrighteous thoughts and actions. Thus, young children who have had little opportunity to act unrighteously are saved.

Please note that I’m just paraphrasing explanations that were given me by my childhood religious instructors, and later, from religious and theological texts. I’m absolutely NOT attesting to their logical or even Biblical accuracy or validity.