Science Forums

Did Slavery Actually Create Superior Physicalities In Blacks??

Racoon

"elevated testosterone" is not soley responsible for violent behavior.

But, when you combine "elevated testosterone" with low IQ levels, then you can gain more of a understanding of the violent nature of blacks.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=blacks+and+IQ&btnG=Google+Search

Why else do you think blacks cause the overwelming majority of violent crime in the world?

I don't think anyone will defend JB, nor should they... :shrug:

I am sorry this got thrown into an Ugly & Hateful Light.

To respond to JB assertions:

1) IQ tests are Culturally biased, and therefor do not reflect an accurate assessment of Black Brain Power.

2) Causing Violent crime is a Socio-economic problem resulting from hundreds of years of Forced Labor with no $$$

Where would white people be if the Roles were Reversed??? probably the same

Statistics are skewed because of the Institutional Racism that convict Blacks at an overwhelmingly higher rate. :hihi:

Me thinks the Worst and most Violent crimes have been committed by Caucasians.

See Crusades, World Wars, Manifest Destiny, etc. etc.

Is there anyway to Steer this Slave Ship right???:friday:

To respond to JB assertions:

1) IQ tests are Culturally biased, and therefor do not reflect an accurate assessment of Black Brain Power.

Equalitarian ideologists often discount I.Q. test results with the excuse that they are culturally biased. Nonetheless, NO ONE, not the NAACP nor the United Negro College Fund, nor NEA had been able to develop any intelligence test of any kind which shows Blacks and Whites scoring equally.

Also, it is amazing how much the IQ of a black man counts when he is on death row.

2) Causing Violent crime is a Socio-economic problem resulting from hundreds of years of Forced Labor with no $$$

Where would white people be if the Roles were Reversed??? probably the same

If you say is true would not Jews and Chinese be behaving in the same way as blacks or at least close?

For you to claim that the actions of "whites" has compleatly changed the human nature of blacks, is a claim of white superiorty.

You know J.B. I was born and raised in the Apartheid system in South Africa. Arguments like yours supported the racist regime for forty years. It allowed whites to allow white polce to commit outrageous acts of violence against recaltrant blacks while they were in prison. Thousands if 'self-inflicted deaths' were reported during those dark years. Those of us who woke up to what was happening and protested, were either put under house arrest ( indefinte detention without trial) or forced to go into exile. That racist view eventually resulted in the collapse of 14 generations of white rule. If an accommodation had been made earlier things would be much better today.

Arguing over technicalities and statistics robs us of our basic humanity. We have to use common sense in race relationships. The more we imprison the worse the thing gets. Surely you can see that. How about we turn the other cheek for a while and see what results?

Common bro, you know you are more charitable than your words show.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you experience.

I'd like to think JB's just a forum troll, and he doesn't actually believe any of this garbage that he's coughing up. Unfortunately, I've encoountered far too many people in my life who think exactly like he does. He's not even that far outside the pail.

So he's either an unskilled troll, who resorts to racist rhetoric and bs statistic to get us all riled up, or he's a racist.

Either way he's filth.

TFS

Come, guys - let JB say his piece. I think his logic is flawed, though - he's trying to generalize.

Fact is, percentagewise, US blacks are more murderous than whites.

Percentagewise, US blacks are more criminal than any other race group.

All African-run countries are on a one-way downward spiral.

Wherever in the world Africans find themselves, the majority of them are on the bottom rungs of the socio-economic ladder.

Etc, etc.

So what does this tell us about blacks? Absolutely nothing.

It would be easy in the light of JB's stats and figures to generalise and say that Africans the world over are absolutely useless, or to draw any sort of conclusion on it. It would be easy, but fallacious. But we shouldn't be attacking JB as a person now, for that will make us guilty of the same hatred we accuse him of! We should try and understand how he got to these fallacies in the first place. So here goes:

You see, the thing is that there are criminal elements in all race groups, but in the US specifically, the 'gangsta' idea (as perpetuated by Hollywood producers, who tend to be mostly well-off male individuals of Caucasian persuasion) is held up to be the lifestyle for young urban blacks to aspire towards. This same stereotype is teaching these kids to address their mothers, sisters, girlfriends and sson-to-be ex-wives as "bitches, whores (ho's), etc.". This same stereotype is casting urban blacks as desperate uneducated killer hoodlums where respect is earned through the barrel of a gun. This, in a very big way, is a matter of life imitating art. And the Hollywood producers are laughing all the way to the bank. Illegitimate babies born to black mothers have risen from 20% in the 1960's to 70% today. 70%! In forty years! How would you, as a race, react if popular culture had you stereotyped as Hollywood is doing to blacks? If Snoop Dogg is your role model?

Let's look at the rest of JB's stats:

African countries have fell by the wayside, because the colonial rulers simply never taught them the art of public management. The colonial rulers were more than happy to have the local blacks be labourers on the plantations, and to keep them at that level. And then, one day, the colonialists just packed up and handed them the keys to the kingdom. This was at the same time the US and Russia were slugging it out in small little proxy wars all over the world. They bought governments and paid top dollar to the local strongmen/dictators to have individual African countries in their pockets - ignoring their human rights records in the process. The moment the Cold War ground to a halt, African countries were brought to book for their investments, and none were found - except for a single dictator with a shitload of boodle stuffed away in one of his many mansions. A single dictator also doesn't make a good case for generalising a whole race of people as being bad. Of all the African countries run by Africans, South Africa is probably the only one that won't take such a big knock - and only because it's the first African country to be taken over by blacks after the end of the Cold War. There's no hidden agendas, and no communist regime to plunder the state's coffers.

Last point - wherever blacks find themselves, they're on the bottom of the socio-economic ladder. Sure. And only because we have intentionally excluded them from the formal economy for thousands of years, in order to ensure our industries access to a vast and cheap manual labour pool. This tends to propagate through the generations. Breaking out of that mold is impossible if the world at large won't allow you to. Sure - an Indian without a cent to his name can start working in your town, build himself up and eventually own the town fifty years later, but he can go to the bank and get a loan, and the bank manager won't think its funny - Indians do it all over! But if the black goes to the bank, the bank manager won't give him a loan, because that's not what blacks do, right? Blacks do manual labour, they don't run shops? So the black is stuffed, and ends up following the gangsta-stereotype, and JB ends up saying "See, I told you they're all useless."

Genocide in Rwanda? What you talking about? How about genocide in Auswich? Dictatorships in Africa? How about Milosevic?

Sure - the 'Bell Curve' argument can be made, but it can be made either way. If the real reason for their perceived lagging behind Western standards and norms can be ascribed to a cultural deficit, how about considering the fact that the same culture we blame for their shortcomings is an artifical culture created in Hollywood? Who's to blame then?

As it purports to discuss statistics, post 51 is hilarious.

First, 1.2 is not 90% of 1.7, it is actually 70%. We then read that 70% of the population, ie the potential victims, are white. In fact this statistic enlightens us with the startling fact that 70% of the crime is against 70% of the population. The conclusions from these figures will need to be reworded if they are to mean anything.

Boersun, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Except this.

But we shouldn't be attacking JB as a person now, for that will make us guilty of the same hatred we accuse him of!

Nope. I get to hate racists and bigots. It's not like people have a choice what race they are - but they certainly get to decide which noxious lies they're going to accept as facts. JB's a fool. As a person, he's a fool. And there's no arguing with him.

Let me tell you guys, there are three ways outta the hood. (I just came up with the alliteration.)

1) Brains

2) Brawn

3) Bullets

Speaking from experience, schools in poor predominantly African-American neighborhoods ARE NOT very good. The means if you want to take route 1 you've got to have extra dedication. It helps if you've got devoted parents, but you've got to work twice as hard as any white kid to get this done. Why? Because they don't HAVE books in your school library, and if they DO, you can't TAKE them because you might "steal them." (It starts early, doesn't it?)

Routes 2 and 3 have one thing in common - they require aggression and violence. (Given the obstacles, being a nerd requires aggression and violence.) Route 2 can work out for you if you've got a truckload of dedication, a coach or teacher who cares, and a whole lotta luck. But let's face it. For every hundred star high-school running back there is exactly ONE in the NFL.

What's that leave us? Violence and crime. And it starts early too. The FIRST thing you see growing up is four kinds of guys who aren't dead. Those who got the hell OUT, and went to play pro-sports (pretty rare), and those who got the hell OUT and moved into the white neighborhoods (also pretty rare.) The only ones you see around who aren't dead are the bangers, and those guys working twelve hour shifts at the concrete factory - dead from silicosis at 40, but walking around - stone broke. The gangsters on the other hand, are driving nice cars, wearing nice clothes, getting girls, and getting respect. The guys who are working? They can't make rent, girl left 'em and, and the thugs rob 'em.

Now, you want to be a "success" in the ghetto you can either, 1)Work your *** off, busting hard for a chance to be just like white people, to live in a nice neighborhood, go on nice vacations, and have a job in an office - where everyone STILL considers you nothing but a damn field *. 2) Work your *** off to play pro ball. But face facts that your best chance is a ticket to college so you can sell used cars someday or take path (1). or 3) Be a thug. Get respect. Have friends, nice clothes, money, and girls. Don't even have to work that hard. It's got nothing to do with Hollywood, and everything to do with reality.

BTW, you don't make many friends with routes 1 or 2 - you're too busy working your *** off. Make no mistake about 3 - those guys have got your back.

It's a Darwinian business. The strategy to get laid before you get killed is to be a thug. And it WORKS. The gangsters get the chicks, because they're the ones AROUND. They've got the money & the respect.

Now, you put yourself there, imagine you've got the patience of a fourteen or fifteen year old kid, and make your choice.

That's what I thought.

TFS

edit: one more, I forgot - Artistic Talent. That'll get you out - but see obstacles to both one and two.

TFS, I promise to read some of this again later, so if I am off base bear with me. It seems to me that you and JB have essentially the same perception of ghetto life. Isn't it true that racism works both ways? If a black person is convinced that at their core that all white people are racist, even when their words and actions point otherwise, and they teach that basic distrust to their children from an early impressionable age, then who's fault is it that racism is holding black people back? How many generations of people need to NOT be racist to stop those who teach oppression to their children that it is no longer the case? People stay in the ghetto because they convince each other that the world is so unfair that it will be no better anyplace else.

The only way to stop the effects of racism is to make people stop being EFFECTED by racism. To defy the odds and the internal apprehension and come to terms with the fact that life is not fair to anyone, and each unfair act is not the result of incipid underlying racism. Those vile human beings most responsible for keeping blacks down are the societal leaders who hang on to power by beating the drums of ancient history, stubbornly refusing to let culture come into modern times.

Bill

If a black person is convinced that at their core that all white people are racist, even when their words and actions point otherwise, and they teach that basic distrust to their children from an early impressionable age, then who's fault is it that racism is holding black people back?

Not all white people are racists, I actually think that the decent ones outnumber the bigots. But I also don't think that "ghetto life" has anything to do with race. I think it has everything to do with poverty. It just so happens that a lot of African-Americans are poor. If all white people lived in the ghetto, and all African-Americans lived in the suburbs, who do you think would be comitting all the crime?

Individuals are mostly (JB being the exception) not racist. But the system itself is racist. Not because it actually cares what your race is, but because it's primarily classist. Who do you think makes more in general, public defenders or prosecuting attorney's? If you're poor, you're screwed. If you're black you MUST be poor, and you are therefore, by extension, screwed.

Sure life isn't fair to anyone. But it's ESPECIALLY not fair if you don't have the money to buy a little bit of fairness on the side.

It's about poverty, and by association, race. You can't tell who's poor and dangerous just by looking, but you can tell who's black!

TFS

PS - At the federal level Defenders and US Attorneys make the same by statute. But at the state level, where most "crime" is committed...

Not all white people are racists, I actually think that the decent ones outnumber the bigots. But I also don't think that "ghetto life" has anything to do with race. I think it has everything to do with poverty. It just so happens that a lot of African-Americans are poor. If all white people lived in the ghetto, and all African-Americans lived in the suburbs, who do you think would be comitting all the crime?

If the people in the ghetto beleive that they are doomed to the ghetto because of institutional racism that does not exist then it is that perception of racism that keeps them down. Black white or otherwise. People come to America every day with the belief that they can succeed, and that belief leads them so success. Business startups among immigrants are higher than those among native Americans (like me). They comoe here with nothing but a work ethic and a belief in themselves and they succeed. Many of them are black. It is not being black that holds people back. It is being any color, and beleiving that you have no hope that holds you back. Teach people that there is hope, that they can change things for themselves, and they can and do succeed every day.

I spent my time in slums as a kid, where I would get jumped by this group or that on any given day to and from school. But I knew that I was not doomed to being a victim. I knew that not because I am white, but because I have great parents who taught me that I make my own destiny by preparation, planning and purposful work. Teach those lessons to kids at an early age and they will succeed. Teach them otherwise and you are stacking the cards for failure against them from the outset.

Bill

If the people in the ghetto beleive that they are doomed to the ghetto because of institutional racism that does not exist then it is that perception of racism that keeps them down. Black white or otherwise.

I'd say if you think that institutional racism doesn't exist in America you're just mistaken. It DOES, but that's not why you can't get ahead.

The system is designed to keep rich people rich and poor people poor. That's how it's supposed to work! If you want to stop being poor, you have to work twice (or more) as hard as the rich person to get get to the same level. This is a fact. Anyone who denies this is just deluding themselves. You don't think you had to put in double the effort for your middle-class income than Paris Hilton did for her unfathomable wealth?

I'm saying that poverty is a self-reinforcing system in America. When you're fifteen and you see people making money, getting girls and respect doing crime, and still having time for fun, or you see a few folks busting their *** all the time, working to get out of the ghetto. They got no money, no respect, and no women throwing themselves at them.

The best thing that could possibly be done for the African-American community is to put public-housing in the middle of afluent white neighborhoods. That way, the kids see people getting respect some other way than at the end of a gun. But that wouldn't work would it? Because all the white people would move away as soon as the poor black folks moved in!

I'm not saying you're not right - it's the path a lot of people take - work hard, you'll get there eventually. I'm saying it's hard to convince your average fifteen year old to take the hard, high road, when the easy one is right there, and it's lined with money - no matter that at the end of it is jail or death.

That's not black or white, or purple or yellow, or any other color - that's just the nature of being young and stupid.

TFS

The system is designed to keep rich people rich and poor people poor. That's how it's supposed to work! If you want to stop being poor, you have to work twice (or more) as hard as the rich person to get get to the same level. This is a fact. Anyone who denies this is just deluding themselves. You don't think you had to put in double the effort for your middle-class income than Paris Hilton did for her unfathomable wealth?

You are chanting the mantra of the defeated and the doomed. It is the so called victim's ticket to absolution from failure ever being their own fault.

Class division is racism in another colored cloak. You cannot blame JB for his opinions and spew this at the same time. Paris Hilton is a ... (time out)

Tormod, I am assuming at this point of my post that Paris Hilton is not a Hypography member. I do not want to make a rules violation.

(time in) ... spoiled slut who's amoral lifestyle is being enabled by a public that loves to watch a train wreck. She probably earns a good living off of her name for that reason. Her original money comes from her family, where it was at some point earned through work, investment and risk. Is there a law against giving money to your kids? If her parents are that rich she shouldn't have to work for a living if they decide to support her. Do you want the government deciding what everyone does with their wealth, including outlawing giving it to their own kids and family?

Aside from the classism I think we see the facts much in the same way. But on that issue I think you should step back and check your logic.

Bill

You know J.B. I was born and raised in the Apartheid system in South Africa. Arguments like yours supported the racist regime for forty years.
How are things going in South Africa today now that blacks are in control?

Here is a BLACK MAN'S opinion:

There's no longer apartheid and there's black rule in South Africa, but what's the story there now?

Each South African day sees an average of 59 murders, 145 rapes and 752 serious assaults out of its 42 million population. The new crime is the rape of babies; some AIDS-infected African men believe that having sex with a virgin is a cure. Twelve percent of South Africa's population is HIV-positive, but President Mbeki says that HIV cannot cause AIDS.

In response to growing violence, South Africa's minister of safety and security, Steve Tshwete, says: "We can't police this; there's nothing more we can do. South Africa's currency, the rand, has fallen about 70 percent since the African National Congress (ANC) came to power in 1994. Emigration from South Africa (mainly of skilled people) is now at its highest level ever."

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams010902.asp

If you people truely believed that blacks are your equal you would not blame their behaviour on others.

You all speak of blacks as if they are animals that were raised incorrectly by humans.

If I am included in "all" then please give me the lines that indicate that to you about my posts.

Bill