Science Forums

Sociopathy

The problem is not the drugs but the negative energy stimulation childeren are getting. They are being bombarded with negativity from TVs to radio and cell phone radiation. Believe it or not but at the quantum level this form of energy, electromagnetic radiation, acts as a carrier for thought. If a person is an a cell phone and he is stressed out and angry these thoughts get embedded in the electromagnetic energy being emmited. Anyone coming in contact with this energy gets the programming in the carrier signal and is affected by the offending person's vibration. Why do you think big cities have this "Energy" about them? Some areas have "bad" vibes and some have "good" vibes. Add electromagnetic radiation to this and it amplifies the effect. Anybody who is sensitive to the subtle energies can tell you this. Anybody not sensitive to it gets affected by it one way or another.

The problem is not the drugs but the negative energy stimulation childeren are getting. They are being bombarded with negativity from TVs to radio and cell phone radiation. Believe it or not but at the quantum level this form of energy, electromagnetic radiation, acts as a carrier for thought. If a person is an a cell phone and he is stressed out and angry these thoughts get embedded in the electromagnetic energy being emmited. Anyone coming in contact with this energy gets the programming in the carrier signal and is affected by the offending person's vibration. Why do you think big cities have this "Energy" about them? Some areas have "bad" vibes and some have "good" vibes. Add electromagnetic radiation to this and it amplifies the effect. Anybody who is sensitive to the subtle energies can tell you this. Anybody not sensitive to it gets affected by it one way or another.

TL;DR

There are conflicting theories on the matter. Most 'experts' think sociopathy is a 'leart' condition, caused by some kind of childhood tauma. I guess I was pretty badly abused as a kid, but its not something that bothers me. I tend to think there is a substantial genetic component. Im pretty sure my father and grandfather were both 'semi' socios, they were certainly violent and abusive :naughty:

I think that like most subjects with polorised opions, the truth is a little of both. I was just lucky enough to have the upbringing needed to express my genes, I guess.

So what do you think is the cause Panj?

Is it Nature or Nurture

Racoon

If it is "nature", (your genes)

Then you are blest with a gift.

(Remember the film "X-Men" about people with genetic gifts learning to use them in good ways?)

If it "nurture", then it is learned.

Anything learned can be un-learned.

Therapy can help.

If it is 'nature' and 'nurture',

Then it is a Gift you can Learn to control.

There are conflicting theories on the matter. Most 'experts' think sociopathy is a 'learnt' condition, caused by some kind of childhood tauma. I guess I was pretty badly abused as a kid, but its not something that bothers me. I tend to think there is a substantial genetic component. Im pretty sure my father and grandfather were both 'semi' socios, they were certainly violent and abusive ;)

I tend to disagree with you Panjandrum, in my opinion such malfunctions are largely extra chromosomal, as I have indicated in one of my threads.

I think there is possibly a cure for certain sociopathic conditions too, particularly in Bach remedies. ( I have indeed indicated a link in the context of herbs and herbal supplements thread.) But I am sure anyone interested can find an umpteen number of links by a simple search on the Web.:hihi:

Extra chomosonal? What, like Downs syndrome? Youre kidding, right? Tis well known there is no physical diffrence tween normals and people with personality disorders (there is some evidence of brain diffrences, but these are caused by the long-term presence of a PD, and are not themselves the cause).

Personally, I think that "mental disorders" (and I don't intend that to be negative, because I myself am obsessive compulsive) are a derivative of genetic suseptability and are influenced by other stimuli in life.

Along with certain predispositions, I believe antisocial personalities can be brought on by uncomfortable situations during childhood.

Really, I don't think there is a way to tell exactly how most personality disorders start.

I don't take any Medications. ;)

My mom tried to convince me to go on some. (shes on an antidepressant)

Why?? So what if things weren't going that great for a while??

I like my brain the way it is.

Beer and Mary J is good enough medication for me.

If you're depressed, go take a walk and smell the fresh air and roses.

People choose to be depressed.

Sorry, I just get sick of all this Depression Crap! Its way

Exercise! Self-Esteem! Positive Thinking!

Sigh, sometimes Racoon I think your mother is right, and you should take the pills.

You like your brain the way it is?

Yet you take "Beer and Mary J"

The logic eludes me

"Clinical Depression" is different from being 'depressed'.

It is unfortunate that we don't have another name for "Clinical Depression"

They are not the same thing at all.

Clinical Depression is totally life debilitating. Ask anyone who has been through it and they will tell you it was the worst time of their lives.The pain is real, severe, and often leads to suicide to escape the pain. It can last for weeks days or years. Isolating the person socially, mentally, intellectually and ruining family and work life. It is usually accompanied by huge, uncontrollable, pluralising, anxiety

It is unfortunate that the word 'depressed' has to be used at all when talking about "Clinical Depression"

"Clinical Depression" is not "over-diagnosed" it more often is not diagnosed at all. It is a very serious psychiatric disorder that we don't fully understand.

If by "over-diagnosed" you mean silly doctors prescribing prozac to everyone feeling a little down on the day. I agree it is "over-diagnosed"

I agree walking is one of the best things depressed people can do.

But you can't tell a "Clinically Depressed" person to think positively.

They can't think. Their mind just goes around and around in obsessive-compulsive circles.

Don't give advice like "Pick yourself up etc.

Nor can they smell the roses they only see threatening horrible, frightening thorns. That sort of gratuitous advice does not help.

If someone is "Clinically Depressed" you need to get them to help.

Hospitalisation may be necessary .

If that help involves anti-depressants for a time, then so be it.

Powerful pills worry me too

If herbs are your deal St.John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) is helpful for mild depression.

Day before yesterday, I saw this wonderful film called 15 Park avenue. It was directed by an avante garde director named Aparna Sen.

You may be wondering why I chose to talk about a film in the context of this thread. The reason is because somewhere I felt that if the participants of discussion on this thread could see this film, it may influence their thoughts on the topic.

The film is about schizophrenia, I would suggest that people try to get hold of the DVD of the film and watch it.

The film is about schizophrenia, I would suggest that people try to get hold of the DVD of the film and watch it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

There are a number of good films and books about psychiatric disorders.

( Books by Sacks, the film about obsevive compulsive disorder 'Is That All There Is?', 'Rainman', 'One Flew Over The Cocoo's Nest', 'Awakenings" 'A Beautiful Mind', 'Lorenso's Oil' etc)

One of the many reasons Clinical Depression is misunderstood is that no film has been made about it.

It would be too depressing:)

I think every second film from Hollywood is about Sociopathy:)