• Yes - Just for business
    • Yes - Try and look normal and important
    • No - Don't care for one
    • No - Don't really need one/afford one
    • No - It's all part of the control conspiracy
    • No - they could cause car accidents/brain damage
    • Had a cell phone - got rid of it
    • Need to get a cell phone

How much do you you rely on the Cell Phone?

Don't really need it?

Can't live without it?

Like to try and look cool gabbing?

Love to chit-chat?

In case of Emergency break Glass?

Like getting your location pinpointed?

Everyone seems to have one.

even those who try to be different...

Got one never use it. It lives in "Sweetie's" car so she can call me if the dang thing breaks down (AAA if she can't get ahold of me.)

It's come in handy a few times.

BUT it should be illegal to use one while driving!!!With stiff penalties if your caught!!!!!!!! There are too many idiots out there that can barley handle the act of driving ( and I'm being generous) let alone having any type of conversation while driving.

These people are easy to spot: they wander from lane to lane without looking (or signaling) I've seen people literaly driven right off the road more than once by this type, and in some cases they simply wandered off the road themselves, or nearly drove themselves into the big rig in the other lane. (How the heck do you not see or hear a semi 18" from your window?!?!?!? ) for example. Some stay in their lane but wander side to side, some speed up slow down speed up etc.

It's a CAR not a @#$%^&* PHONEBOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang the damned thing up! your conversation is not worth my life!!!!!!!!!:) !!!(Which aint worth much either!!!!)

I use one all the time and I love it.

Primarily... NO telemarketers:)

I also like the ability to call my wife when I go to pick up stuff at the store, and forget what it was I was supposed to get:) Very handy for many situations.

I agree about the driving. Mine is hands free, but even with that I try not to use it when in motion.

I also think they should outlaw make-up, newspapers and kids in cars as all are distracting :)

Mark

I eat while I drive. I shave. I've even been known to read a book if the traffic is slow. Cell phone too.

Does it distract?

Yes.

Do people get into accidents because of it?

Yes.

However, some people are better at multi-tasking than others, and also, some people are naturally better drivers too. I have a conversation with the person sitting next to me in the car, and the two in the back seat... phone's not too different.

When it's understood that the road and other drivers which are the priority, and only surplus attentional resources are directed to the call... it's ok.

I really didn't see a poll option that applies to me. I have a cell phone but I don't depend on it. I usually carry it in my pocket on vibrate so it's certainly not for any aesthetic value. I answer calls depending on my mood, if I feel like it I answer it. I make calls on it because of the convenience, not just emergencies. I never use it for business and I am know to leave the house without it so I don't have it with me at all times.

The reason for this is actually rooted in another belief. My time is mine and I control how it's spent. My time does not belong to telemarketers or spammers or anyone else that wants to take my time. I have been known to ask telemarketers for a purchase order number and I have sent the spammers I could track down an invoice for my time. My cell phone is there for me to use with my time if I wish, the same as my land line.

• 1 year later...

I use a cell phone all the time. It's just so convenient. It seems that I always need to communicate with someone or the other way around.

I use it to call friends when I'm at home but too lazy to get up to get the land line. ;)

A lot of times, I'll txt people in school when I'm bored.

I can contact parents when I'm out with people.

Parents can contact me when I'm out with people.

I can have conversations when I just feel like talking to someone.

Cell phones are very helpful, and I honestly don't know what I would do with out one.