Science Forums

My bicep really hurts

I worked out last night, but did not do arms at all. Yet today, all day, my bicep has been killing me. I can flex it like a body builder or child would (hey, look at my muscles) and that's fine, but it's when I straighten my arm that it kills! What the hell? The only thing I can figure is that I slept wrong, but this is seriously painful. Any thoughts? I'm kinda thinking I tore my muscle or something, but since I didn't work it out yesterday... :hyper:

I worked out last night, but did not do arms at all. Yet today, all day, my bicep has been killing me. I can flex it like a body builder or child would (hey, look at my muscles) and that's fine, but it's when I straighten my arm that it kills! What the hell? The only thing I can figure is that I slept wrong, but this is seriously painful. Any thoughts? I'm kinda thinking I tore my muscle or something, but since I didn't work it out yesterday... :phones:

A blood clot

or maybe

Bone Cancer

:hyper:

Thanks. It's doing better today. Still tight, but better. Oddly enough, last night when I got home from work and was walking my dog, I ran into a girl walking hers and starting chatting (well, flirting, but...). She happened to be a physical therapist and mentioned that it most likely was strained due to an odd sleeping position, and with stretching and time will be okay.

It gave me a good reason to ask for her number anyway... :shrug:

Ah... the pieces are falling together now.

You meet a strapping young lass, and wake up the next morning with a sore arm?

Hahaha...

I know where you're going with that, but I'm not gonna bite. What really happened was she was this total freak in the bedroom and had me....

Oh yeah, if I'm going to speak of passion, I should make it scientific...

Lol, Boerseun... Lol. :shrug:

you must have strained your biceps...depend on what you were doing

maybe you werent warmed up propaly and you used to much weight

Thanks fluid. The pain has since gone away. However, if you reread my post, you will see that I explicitly mentioned NOT working out arms... anyway. Cheers. :steering:

heh, infy, that was a good one, i would go for gahd's explanation, but yet again there could be many elements to this.

But a bicept hurting 2 days after working out is really not all that bad, i went riding (well stunt riding, little more strenuous and exhausing and this happened sometime last fall, 2005), came home, not feeling tired at all, and this is after 4 hours of riding at which point most of the time you are beat to death and have hard time getting up from a couch or a chair, went to work the next day, nothing worked all day long, no problems, no pain, little weakness, but that's it, but the day after this incredible pain all over the body, every time i flexed a muscle (bi's, tri's, abdomen, shoulder, back, you name it) it would send this sharp pain all over the body, it wasnt till good 2-3 days have passed after everything started hurting that the pain went away almost completely, ugh what a week that was... (and my job is very much physical...) but hey, it was well worth the fun and next weekend we went riding again :)

conclusion, stuff happens, get used to it, although there was no chicks in my story ;) ...

Maybe if i start going to stunt shows, its mostly away from the public's eyes so they don't call the cops, cuz cops may = reckless, even though its in some company's parking lot, cuz then they call the head company guy and he gets upset and lets them do whatever and we get screwed for trying to keep stunting off the streets.... One thing keeps me going though, 21 minutes to going out stunting and counting down...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest, I cheated and used opera's search to look for the word "stretch"

I suggest doing lots of it before working out at all. I'm sore for days if I don't. Even if you don't try to work out one particular muscle group (example butterflies, designed to work out pectoral muscles will inadvertently put strain on triceps just transitioning from rest to repetitions. A full run of those and you'll have some sore arms the next day unless you stretched out well!)

Lower body stuff can even catch you by surprise sometimes. Develop a stretching regimen and execute it always before straining yourself (or daily for that matter, it feels great!)

I realize this thread's long dead but I've been away from hypography for a bit while moving around and couldn't resist getting in my two bits.