Science Forums

What is a human body?

hallenrm

Sometimes I wonder what is a human body!! But before I proceed further let me tell you, I am a qualified biophysical chemist.

Is a human body like like a city, the cells are like houses, the blood like people and transport, and the brain like the city administration......Each following a set of preset rules. So when there is trouble in an apartment block it must be either in food supply, water supply, electric supply or a contagious disease, tackel it and you would solve the problem, that's how physians often tend to treat a human body suffereing from an ailment.

Can it be any different?

Suppose, we also include in our analogy external influences, like an impeding cyclone, tsunami or meteor shower! Does our present analysis and understanding of human body make allowance for any such influence. We all know that a microgram or even smaller quantity of ceratain chemical substance or a microorganism affect a human body (often significantly). Then how about a radiation from outer space, or the radiations emitted from fellow organisms. (Remember, human body is made up of millions of macromolecules, which have vibrational and rotational motions--associated with infrared and microwave radiations). Can that lead to some interorganism effects?

I can continue much longer, but its your turn now!!!:)

Yah because like I say. How does our star dust vehicle decide what color is gonna be attached to what frequency. And other senses like this.

If you hate yourself with thoughts, your health will deterioarte. If you love yourself with thoughts your general chemical health will better. I often think too that the body is a vehicle assigned to the devine witness (the mind that makes you, you). It is what 'feeeels' the signals of frequencies and chemical reactions of pain. the witness / observer is what 'seeees' the frequencies of light waves pertruding from other materials and 'knoows' can create that color in its consciousness. People often argue with me and say.. colors have always been there, but how relavent is color to a universe of star dust? can you really invent the depth of color with the correct configuration of atomic material?

I think sometimes if there is such thing as god, it is the observer that lies in each life, it feels, sees, and senses the world, the devine part of matter. This would be the son of god, and our body the son of man.

Sorry to interuppt, Jay qu, but the thread is "what is human body?" and not "what is human conciousness?", so aren't you straying off, unless you believe that conciousness is the most important aspect of human body.

If that is so, let it be, let's proceed along this path. Consiousness, arises from senses, what are our senses, seeing, hearing, touching, smelling.... Is there a conciousness that is apart our senses? Let us attempt to answer a few questions

1. Do we know the composition of the entire universe, and the effect of all the substances on us?
  2. Do we know of all the modes of communication between different bodies present in the universe?
  3. Can we resolve all the radiations that we know to the infinitessimal, In my opening remarks, I said the infrared rays because of vibrations in the molecules, can we really resolve them?

If the answer to all these questions is in negative, we can begin on a new journey. How about that;) ?

I enjoyed reading your post - but you trailed off with the god part, religion/devine falls of deaf ears with me..

The 'god' part wasnt really to be taken seriously at least not for me, unles you take it seriously.

but is a conciousness just a collection of all of these experiences and of how we react to them?

People can go on and on trying to explain or comprehend the mind or consiousness. But I want you to try thinking about something. With all the imaginable technology you try and build yourself an AI life. You might make it so smart it can carry on a conversation with you and crack some jokes and all kinds of amazing abilities.

But ask yourself, no matter how much effort you put into this wopping pile of atoms will it ever 'feel' things like color? Or actually get hurt? or would it just have to be designed to react like we would...

When we humans see colors, it can change our physical state. Our heart rates, breathing, feeling, and mind. I cant suply and studies at this time but maybe try and experiment for yourself.

My point is that if you can open your mind as much as you possibly can, you will feel a huge message of truth from the fact that you are an existance in the first place. You will understand that feelings and color and images in your mind are all creations, creations in the now. There is a part to each of you that is like the listener of the radio, the radio which is the body and depending on the configureation of the radio, depends on what kind of channels you can recieve.

Even if you didnt know how to speak, or understand words or letters or numbers of any kind, just as if you were a monkey. You would still be able to acknowledge even without words that you here taking in color and smells and sounds, you have an I AM. I have an impossible time trying to explain how I mean it.. lol..maybe one day I will get it right.

I guess my point is, because of the fact things like that, parts of life like that, ARE HERE, and just as simple as those words are, is the answer of weather or not there is more to us and this world than the physical dimensions. Physically viewable at least.

I have thought about this before, I did go to a catholic primary school and we where forced to read the bible, so its not like im been ignorant or narrow minded. Apparently the stories have a 'moral' to them (no pun intended) and they just use Jesus doing impossible things to represent them

There is a part to each of you that is like the listener of the radio, the radio which is the body and depending on the configuration of the radio, depends on what kind of channels you can recieve..

We are on the same frequency, I would only add, we aren't just like radio receivers, but transmitters too. There is only a need for fine tuning for all the radios a transmitters making sense of each other.

Hallenrm

My motto in life, there is nothing final; there is no ultimate truth. There is always scope for you and me to explore.