Science Forums

DNA Transcriptions

matrixscarface

If Quantum technology is ever achieved... or anything like it is ever brought to mankind.. than this brings up a question. in order for a person to travel through a wordhole or through the phone line or whatever you wanna do, then that person has to be transcribed. means that we got to be broken down and sent through bit by bit. that means every single electron, neutron and photon in your body is broken up and sent through.. now once you get to where your going.. and your put back together.. bit by bit.. your now pulled apart and brought together.. would you be that same person? would i myself see before i go through.. and then after? im saying would i experence it?!

in order for a person to travel through a wordhole or through the phone line or whatever you wanna do, then that person has to be transcribed. means that we got to be broken down and sent through bit by bit. that means every single electron, neutron and photon in your body is broken up and sent through.. now once you get to where your going.. and your put back together.. bit by bit.. your now pulled apart and brought together.. would you be that same person? would i myself see before i go through.. and then after? im saying would i experence it?!

Do you believe that you are nothing more than a collection of electrons, neutrons, and photons? Do you think that there may be more, emergent properties?

• 3 weeks later...

uh huh. Did you research this at all? For one this is not a new question, it was problem with ideas for building teleportation machines. They figured breaking down objects and rebuilding them would screw up their compounds and strutures. Or if a human in a car got transfered, he would probably have been fused with that car. All of these questions popped up already and proven wrong.

Computers. You can scan in any solid object and send that data into a computer, the computer would copy an exact 3D copy of this object. 3D Printers aren't new technology, but they come as clsoe as what you want. Well of the top of my head they do.

• 1 month later...
Do you believe that you are nothing more than a collection of electrons, neutrons, and photons? Do you think that there may be more, emergent properties?

May I remind/introduce readers of this thread, to another thread initiated by myself "What is human body?" several months ago, that is just related to this question.

Sorry my friends, I am not just promoting my threads, but I can't help it today, because I find that what I talked about yesterday seems more relevant in discussions today!!:xx:

Transcription is conversion of information from one medium to another.Transcription in living world basically sorrounds a process where in the genetic information encrypted in a DNA molecule is converted into a suitable format of RNA which can undergo a translation process for production of functional molecules called proteins on cellular organelles called ribosomes to put it very crudely.Transcription is generally not a deconstruction process but a information transfer process.Any matter including a living system is certainly not equivalent to its deconstructed components which is my personal view.If you go on breaking a system like living cell into its component elementary particles certainly a lot of energy and organization are dissipated which itself is something to add over than its mere components.

Brings up weird ideas if you're comparing t to phone lines. Every have that weird fade-in on phone lines where you hear another's conversation? Now put that phenominon in with teleportaton...*disapper* *cross-talk* *reappear with a vase in your spleen!*

Brings up weird ideas if you're comparing t to phone lines. Every have that weird fade-in on phone lines where you hear another's conversation? Now put that phenominon in with teleportaton...*disapper* *cross-talk* *reappear with a vase in your spleen!*

GAHD's idea, while presented humoursly (to me at least) is pretty valid. Considering the uncertainty seen on quantum scales, particles and antiparticles calculated only using statistical probabilities... with our current knowledge we would not be able to ensure consistency of the person before travel with the person after travel.