Science Forums

Used4d's post count

CraigD

C1ay has wisely closed the bizarre, vaguely spamish threads started by used4d.

Before he did, however, used4d appears to have used the 4th dimension to confuse Hypography’s post counter. Although the “find all posts by” link shows 2 posts, the count on either post shows “posts: 1”.

What gives?

Before he did, however, used4d appears to have used the 4th dimension to confuse Hypography’s post counter. Although the “find all posts by” link shows 2 posts, the count on either post shows “posts: 1”.

What gives?

It seems to me that the system starts counting posts at 0 on some users. :(

I suspect this happens occasionally when people have problems with the server. He had double-posted his first post (I remember because I deleted the dupe) - probably because of a server hickup - and after that he was at zero posts even though his original post was left untouched.

Anyway, it's very unfortunate there's no way that users like this can't have their post count remain at zero...
While I agree Hypography is likely not the place for what used4d is into, I browsed his website, and found it intriguing, in much the same way I’ve been intrigued listening to the high-energy ramblings of some certified schizophrenic friends. Assuming there’s really more than one actual member, his forum site has a surprising number of posts and posters, and “the game of life” described is a dizzying mix of confused references to dreaming, gaming, mythology, martial arts, and movie actors and directors, and, of course, Math and Science.

I’ve long had mixed feelings about such folk. Part of me sees mental illness in need of treatment, while part of me sees a source of entertainment. I hope he and whoever else play his elaborate game of life get home allright.