Science Forums

Origin of the Universe

Tomo

Just wondering what thoughts people have of the origin of universe.

As far as I'm aware one can either believe that the universe started with the Big Bang or one can believe that the universe has been around forever.

My belief is that the universe has been around forever, it is infinitely large and that there is an infinite amount of mass (stars, planets, etc.) in the universe. I believe that we were created from one of infinitely many Big Bangs.

I find it difficult to believe that the universe was created by a big bang as this theory only explains what happened just after the explosion. It doesn't explain what happened before or at t=0.

Imagine for a moment that the universe is an eternal state and, that it was not a big bang responsible for the expansion but rather numerous smaller bangs seldom witnessed within the local frame. What I'm suggesting here is, the evidence we have for our big bang is only local to our observation. This being the case because the speed of light limits our observational ability. This of course is only speculation, but, the source of these smaller bangs, if I may be permitted the term, may be a yet undefined limit for the size and mass of a black hole. If a limit exists, when the threshold is reached, the black hole might bounce, and return it's matter back into the surrounding space. Because we have no evidence as yet for this phenomenon, this is only speculation. However, solid evidence for the big bang is also in rare supply so when forming a guess about the beginning, I choose the freedom to suggest that there may not have ever been one..........................BTW, Welcome to Hypography Tomo.