Science Forums

Are we the only ones.....

Queso

so uhhh

just out of curiosity

are humans the only animals that have butt sex? :lol:

This concept seems strange to me.

And is it true that for girls, it's neutral-

but there is a gland or something in the male that stimulates him?

I know this is weird, but it's happening all around us! :)

Homosexuality has been observed in overcrowded mice. I imagine (but dont know) that this homosexuality, among males, was defined by anal sex. I've been told that bonobo societies have no taboos on sexual partnerships other than mother/son. Again, I imagine this includes homosexual anal sex but again I dont have details.

so uhhh

just out of curiosity

I know this is weird, but it's happening all around us! :)

Human beings developed intelligence out of an evolutionary process and the said act is the outcome of an intelligent choice made out of curiosity and insatiable desire.Lower animals donot have the patience to make an intelligent choice with regards to this situation

The occurence of homosexual behaviour as a percentage of the population seem to correlate to the size of the community. Rats tend to turn homosexual in overpopulation studies. Chimps tend to do the same. The reason for this might be twofold:

Firstly, homosexuality will obviously stem the population explosion, but only if the males are exclusively homosexual. In an overpopulated environment, one sexual act across the gender line by a male individual would render the population-conrol mechanism useless. In an overpopulated environment, female mice tend to lose all interest in sex, and some might even stop ovulating. (As a sidebar, rats and mice will eat their own offspring during overpopulation. This might be that any overpopulation will necessarily lead to a population crash once all the resources are gone. Those that fed on the babies might have more body fat, and therefore stand a better chance of surviving the impending crash).

Secondly, amongst chimps and bonobos, sex is used as a tool to appease aggression, and to calm the males down. When overpopulated, tensions tend to rise. The role of Alpha male need to be defended much more vigourously and much more often, simply because there's more contenders. Thus, submissive males tend to present their rumps to the Alpha (and those more senior than them) in order to ensure the more aggressive, more dominant males that they are not looking for trouble, rather, they are willing to be used and abused for the Alpha's sole pleasure. The Alpha would therefore scratch the individual before him as a possible contender, and would even mount him sexually as if to 'agree' to the non-aggression treaty.

Whether any one of the above (or both, or none) is appliccable to humans is open to debate. But the fact that human homosexuality tends to correlate to community size, seems to indicate (to me, at least) that there might be something to be said for the overpopulation argument.

I mean - it's only recently that we as a species have moved into anything bigger than a cave, evolutionary speaking.

"but there is a gland or something in the male that stimulates him?"

I believe what you are referencing here is a male "G-spot" sometimes known as the "prostate point". This can be accessed/utilized in heterosexual sex. Try Googling it...:cocktail:

so uhhh

just out of curiosity

I know this is weird, but it's happening all around us! :eek:

:lol: :lol: ;) :lol: ;) ;) :lol:

Okay... I was SO not expecting to see that when I opened this thread. That's too funny! :lol:

Quick points... Any animal that has sex more for pleasure than for reproduction will try new things. Also, having "butt sex" :hihi: does not imply homosexuality, whether giving or receiving.

When engaged in this, males are stimulated at the point of the prostate. This is the muscle that activates when we are taking a leak or pooing and pinch it off. Butt sex :hihi: also stimulates all of those other rectal areas that provide positive reinforcement to excreting waste. It feels good to take a big dump if you've been holding it...

Some girls love it. Others are mortified even contemplating it. It really doesn't have a gender difference though... nothing natural anyway (however, most males are conditioned to think it reflects poorly on their gender identity).

It's more individual differences. Our sexuality is a function of so many factors, between our genetics and our environment... nature and nurture. Just because we've evolved to reproduce using the vagina, doesn't mean that we can't get a bit kinky and explore other orifices...

Cheers. :hihi:

hehehehe :hihi: you called it butt sex :hihi: hehehehe

http://www.clitical.com/glossary.php