Science Forums

Breathing In The Womb

TIDUSGIYA

How Does A Baby Breathe While Thier Still In Thier Mothers Womb????????

Truth. A Baby Has Liguid In Their Lungs While Still In There......its The Absolute Rational Answer That Babies Breathe Liquid Into There Lungs While In Their Mothers Womb, If The Didnt Breathe It The They Would Swallow It Wouldnt They. After All The Abilical Cord Provide Nutrients To The Stomach Not To Its Viens And Arturies.... This Would Also Suggest That A Baby Creates Its Own White And Red Blood Cells....the Mothers Womb Would Already Hold Enough Of The Anti Bacterials To Help The Baby..

Thus A Baby Would Not Be Provided Oxygene Cells Into It Stomach As They Would Also Have To Remove Them Somehow From There.

A Baby Breathe Liquid In Their Lings Because Liquid Is Found There This Would Suggest That The Baby Breathes Liquid Oxygene......

Amazing How Most Of Us And Even Parents Today, Not Even School Know That Or Even Teach That Do The.....but Thats The Truth About Breathing In The Womb....100%.

A Baby Has To Breathe For Itself So Babies Do Breathe In Liquid Oxygene.

Thats A True Fact And If People Critasise It Then You Are Losing A Screw Or Two Of Rationality.

bit more info.....we all have liquid oxygene that surrounds our brain right now....this helps our brain to keep us balanced and also sober.

thank you

Amazing How Most Of Us And Even Parents Today, Not Even School Know That Or Even Teach That Do The.....but Thats The Truth About Breathing In The Womb....100%.

Please stop this useless posting. This is not science, it is at best misguided paraphilosophy.

Babies do not breathe until they are born.

Here are a couple of answers to this issue:

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01496.htm

Its In Your Best Interst To No Bother Me With You Idle Remarks.

If You Have A Opinion About Anyone Even My Writing Then Keep It To Yourself. Otherwise You Will Find Yourself Shortlisted From Anyone Reading Your Claptrap Rubbist...

If You Dont Want The Same Treatment Then I Suggest You Keep You Critisms To Yourself

Thank You

Its In Your Best Interst To No Bother Me With You Idle Remarks.

If You Have A Opinion About Anyone Even My Writing Then Keep It To Yourself. Otherwise You Will Find Yourself Shortlisted From Anyone Reading Your Claptrap Rubbist...

If You Dont Want The Same Treatment Then I Suggest You Keep You Critisms To Yourself

Thank You

Are you threatening me??? :)

Its In Your Best Interst To No Bother Me With You Idle Remarks....
Tid-

Please be careful with your postings here. Your initial post was:

1) technically incorrect (babies do not breathe before birth)

2) gramatically incorrect (in the title), and

3) seems more like a rant than a science-based proposition

Please be thoughtful with posters that (in the case of Tormod) know more about your topic than you do.

TSB

if babies dont breathe wile in the womb, then how do they end up with liquid in their lungs....and how the **** can they extract oxygene from their stomach.
As a moderator PLEASE refrain from the use of profanity on this site.

Tid- It is clear that you do not know much about neonatal physiology. Babies recieve oxygenated blood from their mother through the umbilical cord until the moment of birth. At birth, the baby inhales air into the lungs for the first time, and oxygenation immediately switches from a blood-to-blood connection throught their mother to an air-to-blood process that the baby will use for the remainder of its life. Concurrent with this remarkable process, a duct (the ductus arteriosus) in the heart closes. While the duct is open, the neonate's blood bypasses the neonate's lungs since they are unused in the womb. At birth, the intra-heart ductus closes, and the blood is immediately shunted through the newly functioning lungs for oxygenation.

Tid- It is not wise to assume others are ignorant, when your content knowledge on the topic is so thin. Please be considerate of other posters. Upon occasion, they might be deeper that you are in a particular subject.

Bio

Tsk, thanks biochemist (sarcasm) i wanted to point that out...*sob, disappointed* Nah I am just kidding, its fine.

I agree with you, i wanted to point out before anyone else did, but i was too late. I wanted to point out that babies get oxygen from umbilical cord from their mothers, but you covered all that. So I will just ask a question.

to Tid: why would you think babies are capable of breathing "liquid oxygen" ? Do you mean like fish? Well that can't be the case, fish have gills to split the water to get oxygen (well this biochemist's area of expertise, so correct me if i am wrong) meanwhile, babies do not. So how are breathing this "liquid oxygen" ? I am confused on how you can propose this....unique....idea.

• 3 years later...

Strangely enough, a baby does breathe amniotic fluid. Not "breathing" with the purpose of extracting oxygen, but merely inhaling the stuff in order to exercise the diaphragm.

It does get a bit gross, though - a baby pees in the amniotic fluid, and inhales it. The pee then gets filtered by the lungs, and then the waste gets processed.

So, you breathe pee for quite a few months before your birth. Which probably goes a long way to explain the seriously pissed-off expression on all new-born babies' faces.

But oxygen comes 100% through the umbilical cord.