Science Forums

Happy Birthday, Turtle!

Tormod

Our favorite tortoise, our very own Turtle, celebrates his birthday today!

lefthttp://hypography.com/gallery/files/7/9/6/mllg_thumb.jpg[/img]Although he has become famous for his birthday dance (ie, having a birthday every 17 days or so), he has admitted that January 1st is his *real* birthday!

So - Happy Birthday to our most loved forum member! :xparty:

You can even join in and 4940.

And don't miss all of Turtle's great photos and artwork in our gallery.

:xparty: ___Woo hoo! I made the front page & it's not an obituary!:lol:

___A deep lengthy genuflection in every ones' directions for the Birthday wishes and my sincerest wishes for a Happy New Year to you all in the World.

____Toasts of Dead Guy Ale all around (I received 2 six-packs last night; seems people have the idea I like the stuff:hihi:) Toasts of non-alchoholic beverage all around for tee-totalers.

___A Toast to Tormod, whose great idea & third child Hypography gives me the Liberty to go out in the world without leaving my house & a Toast to Yvonne & the Girls for choosing to live with such a generous man.:)

___A Toast to C1ay, who always keeps my math on the up & up while maintaining a sense of humor, & his seeming magic ability to post science news before it breaks.:eek:

___A Root Beer Toast to Greg for joining Hypography & offering a friendly wish.:)

___A Toast to Racoon...no a double Toast! Anyone who can spend more than ten minutes with me in a room is someone worth toasting.:D

___A Toast to all the Hypographians, friends & foils alike that I have met in this past year; you are writing the Aural History Of The World! :)

Happy... Birthday... To... You...

Happy... Birthday... Dear... Turtle... !!!!

Happy Birthday Turtle !!!! Yay !!!!

Speech !!!! Yay !!!!

Yay !!!!

A very Happy New Year to you Garry! What beautiful cards; I really must learn how to imbed images the way you do! Knowledge is always ammendable.:xparty:

Now as to a speech, it is in the very crux of the Greek Forum that Hypography is cast and so that demand is not unwarranted. It is eventide here, 5:40 PM Pacific Standard Time more-or-less, so if I may demure for just a bit until I've dined & tipped a pint or two of Ale, I promise to return & sling around some words the way Pollack slings around paint. :lol:

:eek: ___Woo hoo! I made the front page & it's not an obituary!:)

___A deep lengthy genuflection in every ones' directions for the Birthday wishes and my sincerest wishes for a Happy New Year to you all in the World.

____Toasts of Dead Guy Ale all around (I received 2 six-packs last night; seems people have the idea I like the stuff:hihi:) Toasts of non-alchoholic beverage all around for tee-totalers.

___A Toast to Tormod, whose great idea & third child Hypography gives me the Liberty to go out in the world without leaving my house & a Toast to Yvonne & the Girls for choosing to live with such a generous man.:)

___A Toast to C1ay, who always keeps my math on the up & up while maintaining a sense of humor, & his seeming magic ability to post science news before it breaks.:D

___A Root Beer Toast to Greg for joining Hypography & offering a friendly wish.:D

___A Toast to Racoon...no a double Toast! Anyone who can spend more than ten minutes with me in a room is someone worth toasting.:xparty:

___A Toast to all the Hypographians, friends & foils alike that I have met in this past year; you are writing the Aural History Of The World! :lol:

Gosh darn it Turtle,

I was so excited you made the front page,

I missed your speech!

Sorry! :)

Four and an hundred Toasts !!!!

Where is the dais?! Where is the soapbox!? Where here in this Hyper-linked Biographical Forum does one stand to give a speech!?

But wait! This is no ordinary Forum.:xparty: This is Tormod the Hammer Wielder's Forum. No dais; no soapbox; no place to stand higher than others to speak or megaphones or amplified sound. Level ground. Chose to speak or not; chose to listen or not. No need to shout. Every one at center; every center at one.

January! Month one; 1. From Janus, God of gateways, beginings & endings, Father of Titans, the Oldest & the Youngest...the First One.

Maudlin Mustered Musings Must Momentarily Manifest. All of you who share this Birthday with me - as well as Christmas & interveneing days - know we have an awkward acquaintence by way of familiarity of familial habit. That is to say, our birthdays seem in some left-handed way to settle off to a less than mid-June Birthday celebration sort of subtle feeling. Bigger fish to fry so to speak. If you belong to this select group, either you are young enough that it irritates the heck out of you, or old enough that you relax in a quiet reflective mood of just how delightful it is to see so many other ones distracted by a hopeful celebration.

Intermission::lol:

January 1st, New Years Day, my & many others birthday, is over for part of the world, is about to draw to a close in my part of the world, and 3 hours after that for the rest of the world.

Thank you all for making this my best birthday in decades! May you all reap a hundred fold every good seed you sow. Happy New Year!:xparty:

i telepathically shared my birthday wishes in a dream that Turtle will never remember.

Though, that is just my prediction.

If recalled, they will seem vaguely familiar

but unselved.

___To sleep, perchance to dream. That which I don't remeber I can not say, but that which I do remember I might not say. I resolve this year for my birthday to say more vaguely familiar things in the hope they may have come as wishes in a dream sent by a poet friend. The New Year is afoot; dream in the New Year!:)

• 5 weeks later...