Science Forums

ID banned from schools

SakmonKi

Great post, Pyro. Can't give you any rep, unfortunately, I need to spread the love first...

I'd be willing to allow ID in schools when the churches start preaching the Gospel, together with the weaknesses of the Gospel and the possible alternatives, like Hinduism, Islam, etc. from the pulpit. Each and every Sunday.

Only fair, no?

Great post, Pyro. ...I'd be willing to allow ID in schools when the churches start preaching the Gospel, together with the weaknesses of the Gospel and the possible alternatives...Only fair, no?

Thank you!! :)

Absolutely!! And I would insist that a new chapter be inserted after Genesis in every Bible, outlining the Theory of Evolution and the weaknesses of the Biblical account of "creation".

It's Only Fair!!!!

I am still immensly curious about what exactly the "theory of creation" is?

I have read genisis a number of times and haven't found anything that resembles a scientific theory there (and if you want it taught in science class, it should be structured as a scientific theory).

What predictions does it make?

What experiments can be made to test the theory?

Do the proponents of creationism REALLY want the 'theory of creation' to be falsifiable? After all, a scientific theory is, by definition, falsifiable.

Mark

My understanding is that, basically, when you teach to the lowest common denominator with a specific outcome in mind (this is called renormalization in math), then you will have strength in numbers to support your position. "It must be right, look at all these others who believe the same thing."

It's a belief, and to call it a theory is insulting the vast number of people who realize it.

I am still immensly curious about what exactly the "theory of creation" is?...it should be structured as a scientific theory...What predictions does it make?...What experiments can be made to test the theory?...a scientific theory is, by definition, falsifiable.

Exactly!! Right on!! Bingo!! Good call!!

I was being facetious about calling any supernatural belief in an invisible world-creating magician a "theory". I'm glad you caught that. :)

I have read genisis a number of times and haven't found anything that resembles a scientific theory there (and if you want it taught in science class, it should be structured as a scientific theory).

I wonder if creationists even bother with the theory part. A hypothesis is enough, and then you ask everyone else to come up with proof against any theory derived from it, or else accept that it's true.