Science Forums

A victory

rockytriton

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1424896

A PA Judge ruled today that ID can't be a part of the biology curriculum. To me, this is a victory on many levels. A victory for science in that only science will be taught in science class. A victory for America in that our morals of freedom of religion will be upheld and a victory for ID & Creationism in that they will now only be taught by qualified people (members of the church of your choice).

I certainly can say that I never believed it would succeed. Do I believe that "creation" is as viable a theory as evolution? Yes. Does this mean that it had any chance of being taught in school? No. The reason being that it still reflects the idea that there is someone higher than humans that is super powerful, and can't be seen or studied physically. For these very reasons it falls into the realm of spirituality and must be separated from the public education system.

I do however believe that more needs to be done to teach the flaws of the theory of evolution, so that more people will understand that it is just a theory.

ID is not a scientific theory, let alone a mainstream scientific theory, and so has no place in any school, public or private, except in some comparative religion class or on the history of philosophy or something. What the ID proponents try to do, is to sidestep the entire scientific method and at the same time present it all as science. It's not science, but it's science. Interesting.

Why would anyone want to refute scientific facts if not to promote a religious view? Science is intersubjectively reliable. No matter where you are on the planet, the same laws apply. ID and creationism is based entirely on an interpretation that requires doctrine to be passed down without evidence or testing. Why is anyone on this forum even discussing this matter. I keep reading the same arguments over and over from opponents of Evolution and none of them make any sense, and they don't improve. How many times can you say the same thing over and over until it becomes a broken record.

Why is anyone on this forum even discussing this matter. I keep reading the same arguments over and over from opponents of Evolution and none of them make any sense, and they don't improve.

Linda this is the reason we have now a theology forum well separatred fromthe science ones: so that those who want to discuss religion (more scientifically or less scientifically) can do it.