Science Forums

Dragons??

Drip Curl Magic

Most people believe dragons to be mythical creatures.... but recently, I've heard a lot about the possiblility that they could have actually existed. The main arguement for this being... that many different cultures that had no contact with eachother... came up with the same lizard-like, flying, fire-breathing creature.:cup:

So, my question to you guys is this: dragons, do you think they existed? why or why not?

http://hypography.com/forums/biology/2360-could-dragons-have-existed.html?highlight=dragons

On an operational note, it is useful to use the Search function on the top menu bar & search Hypography for the topic you have an interest in. Putting in "dragon" gets you the above thread (among others). If a thread on your topic pops up from the search, you can then proced to post to that thread, & if no such thread is found germain then start it.:cup:

OH YEAH, i didn't even think about the fact that i, too, am DRAGON!

although, this is a silly thing to say, i WAS born 88, but i wish there were REAL dragons so i could steal one from my rich neighbor and fly around on it's back!

i'd go sailing through the night, fiercely flaming, instill fear on the futile foes of forbidden flamage! MUHAHAHAH

Dragons represent aspects of the collective human personality. The psychologist Carl Jung, went to great extent to show how similar myths like dragons, the great flood, etc.., appeared in distant cultures where there was no chance of cross teaching and learning. His conclusion was that there are collective aspects of the brain that are common to all humans which project these images. He called these the archetypes of the collective unconscious. In modern lingo, these are equivilent to personality software common to all humans induced by genetics at birth. It makes all humans similar, at some base level, independant of culture and time in human history. Read some classical literature and one will see how the human drama has not changed. The superfiscial aspects of culture change but human nature is both collective and timeless.

In middle age alchemy, the dragon was personified as mercury or quick silver. He was an illusive being that was hard to contain. Since the alchemist felt that like would attract like (with respect to spiritual things), and because the mercurial dragon or serpant was associated with the dark side, they used sulfur (sulfur fires of hell). This formed mercury sufide one of the most insolubile substances in nature. These inner personality software were projecting into the testtubes and helping the alchemist develop chemistry. Even today many of our creative hunches appear to come from the personality software. The modern myth or archetype projection are UFO's and aliens. These show that the archetypes have not been fully repressed by culture. It also shows the higher human potential that is associated with this personality software.

Most nylons are condensation copolymers formed by reacting equal parts of a diamine and a dicarboxylic acid, so that peptide bonds form at both ends of each monomer in a process analogous to polypeptide biopolymers.

Radiant energy is the energy of electromagnetic waves.

In European mythology, a dragon is a serpent-like legendary creature. The Latin word draco, as in the constellation Draco, comes directly from Greek δράκων, drákōn. The word for dragon in Germanic mythology and its descendants is worm.

and funny enough.. to see this thread unknowingly after replying to something on physicsforums.com

http://physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=861819#post861819

Acid was spit upon the straw and wooden framed houses. Ablaze they went as people saw them go on fire. Misunderstood, was the chemical reaction that happened.

There were environment settings around before things were changed. Is the life you live a lie?

Dragons represent aspects of the collective human personality. The psychologist Carl Jung, went to great extent to show how similar myths like dragons, the great flood, etc.., appeared in distant cultures where there was no chance of cross teaching and learning. His conclusion was that there are collective aspects of the brain that are common to all humans which project these images. He called these the archetypes of the collective unconscious. In modern lingo, these are equivilent to personality software common to all humans induced by genetics at birth. It makes all humans similar, at some base level, independant of culture and time in human history. Read some classical literature and one will see how the human drama has not changed. The superfiscial aspects of culture change but human nature is both collective and timeless.

In middle age alchemy, the dragon was personified as mercury or quick silver. He was an illusive being that was hard to contain. Since the alchemist felt that like would attract like (with respect to spiritual things), and because the mercurial dragon or serpant was associated with the dark side, they used sulfur (sulfur fires of hell). This formed mercury sufide one of the most insolubile substances in nature. These inner personality software were projecting into the testtubes and helping the alchemist develop chemistry. Even today many of our creative hunches appear to come from the personality software. The modern myth or archetype projection are UFO's and aliens. These show that the archetypes have not been fully repressed by culture. It also shows the higher human potential that is associated with this personality software.

This explanation seems legit. I've also heard that the image of a dragon is just a mix of the 3 main predators that humans had to worry about before we developed intelligence enough to make technology to seperate us from these creatures. The 3 main predators are thought to be snakes (hence the scales on a dragon), big cats(hence the crazy dragon jaw structure), and big birds(hence the wings). And the fire breathing came from our curiosity towards the hot and mystical and hypnotic substance.

Are you guys still posting about this Dragon nonsense !? :eek:

Why don't you just ask me.?,,,,,,,

There were reports of a Giant flying serpent in ancient Mexican Lore.

"Texicuadle" or some such spelling. :eek2: And it 'swooped down' and picked up people in its talons!

You still haven't mentioned the Chinese take on Dragons. :)

( which is where it originates! )

PEOPLES BORN DURING THE YEARS 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 200O, are born under the Auspicious sign of the Dragon! ( the Month of the dragon being April AND the HOUR of the dragon being 6-7 am!)

What about that???

Don't You realize what your asking?? :eek:

You want to talk about Dragons like they're some kind of Frickin' poster art!

Why don't you Drip Curl some Knowledge?? :eek2:

Dragons are indeed Magical, but they have serious roots in reality.

In ancient Mexican/ Latino lore, " Texiquadal " (which i spelled wrong)

Was a winged serpent who terrorized villages by 'swooping down' and grabbing victims in its unholy talons!!

You never really mention its Chinese roots, By which it Originated!

People born under the years 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, and 2000, are all under the Auspicious "sign" of the Dragon.

You also Fail to mention this: Dragons WITH wings are Female.

Those without are Male!

Forget 'Jungian' concepts of Dragon.

It is indeed a "born" type of personality.

embedded DEEP within Cninese and Native cultures.

Dragons are indeed Tired of your BS ramblings..., with No sense of Direction!

muahahaha

the moderator unveils his transparancy cloak and throws ten laughs

without a beginning, with a waterfall of floodwork+

and it is menacing

and uncomprehensible

when he saddles through the dragon

that turned our town to ashes

anyways. i like this thread, and all of its uncanny BS rambling potential about the fantasy world

might i add that unicorns evolved from centaurs?

might i add that thats BS?

Dragon's would be hard to prove without fossil evidence of giant reptiles with wings. But even that would not give us information about fire breathing and high intelligence. What we do know is that this myth is found all over the world. Even the bible in revelation talks of Satan as a dragon with seven heads. The middle ages alchemisty saw the head of the dragon as Christ and body as satan. They imagined the dragon eating its own tail, until only the head of Christ remained. All these are projections of unconscious mind phenomena that are genetically preprogrammed into the human brain. This software makes human nature similar in all culture. The dragon is one of many software projections, allowing humans to become conscious of these phenomena.

Many pardons Drip Curl Magic;

For you Are dragon!! (unless you born in January, 1988)

Which could explain your curiosity!!! :eek2:

For Chinese horoscope purposes, The Closer you were born during 6 - 7 am,and the closer to April you are born, The stronger Personality type you possess of the Dragon Spirit.

Most important for Dragon Personality: Year, Hour of Birth, Month .

Ramblings such as I have read are: You don't Mention Types of Dragon.

Sexes of Dragon, Historical significances, or anything about anything.

Why Do the Chinese have such Reverance for Mythical creature??

Why do they Symbolize it ??

What origins do they claim it to be from??

I have done a little research on subject, because I was curious much like you.

This is something you should do some research. :eek:

Then you should report your findings....

Don't take lazy way!

My Neighbor is 1988, and I had to inform him of his Dragon status...

It takes time., But be glad you can claim "year of Dragon" status! :)

Doesn't mean we're more special mind you; just that you 'probably' have certain personality traits.

I have paid price of learning what I know....

Which Element is 1988?

• 2 weeks later...

Dragons were the first documented evidence of genetic modification and recreation of a living creature. They combined elements of all sorts of creatures as a construct being that would protect many a civilisation from chaos with the creature's immense strength, agility and intellect. Mind you, 'they' got it wrong and the things ended up much too aggressive and with little intelligence at all. 'They' have been rumoured to be either:

- A band of humans from the far future

- An advanced race of observational beings from the cosmos

In the end, the humans defeated these would-be protectors or dragons, not by using their brilliance of strategy or strength with ingenious pre-made tools, but by using the power of their minds. They outsmarted these genetically-created beings thanks to a game of which was created many a year before and was to be only played on special occasions. This game came to be known as "Boggle". Once the dragons were faced with puzzling and utterly incomprehensable situations, they promptly exploded thanks to a faulty neuronic wiring in their brains - all of which was followed by much rejoicing on the human part until they figured out that they entire events were induced by an embarrassing bout of low-atmospheric swamp gas.

The tale was lost forever until a man named Taraxanoid found an amber-encrusted ancient potato chip and cracked it open, only to find the truth about the dragons written by an eccentric billionaire who was just passing through the civilisations of relevence.