Science Forums

Hypography merchandise

Tormod

No planning committee activity has been due to low participation in the discussion.

I'm seriously thinking that it should be Irish and Yvonne and their spouses, invading Ireland for a week, in the hopes of seeing Van and exploring little villages. If Freethinker or Uncle Martin can join us, that's great. But it's looking more like a family vacation (without the kids) than a Convention.

I will, of course, still hand out shirts to any member that shows up!

Here's on thing to add to my list of "proof of endless stupidity": In our talk about Van the Man I sort of had a thought planted in the back of my mind that he was American. Last night we watched a musical gameshow on TV where in one spot they play one instrument at a time until the contestants can figure out which song it is. I heard it *immediately* and recognized the song as "Brown Eyed Girl". But the show host had said that "the artist is from Belfast in Northern Ireland". So I started thinking about all the other possibilities...came down to Van all the time, but believing I was wrong so I was stumped. The guy even said "The artist is a man, both by gender and by nickname" and I still didn't realize that I had it right all along.

And here I was thinking I had found my brain again.

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, it's been a while since I read through this thread. Shame on you, Tormod! Thinking that the amazing artiste was a bloody Yank! What next, the Beatles are from Norway?

Ok, I took a LONG look at the cafepress site, trying to figure out which shirts and mugs to get for alexander and Beaker (since they're the only ones making fabulous contributions to the avatar competition right now!). I'd glanced at it before, but hadn't really taken the time to look at each and every item. They look great, but I do think that if the "SCIENCE FOR EVERYONE" logo was more prominent, I'd be more inclined to get a few as gifts. Personally, it's one of my favorite things about the site, and I just like that saying. The little notebook looks great with that logo, but it's about the only thing. Maybe a t-shirt or a mug could also have the SFE thing? I know you won't see this until next week, but I hope that you can add a few things before the holidays. THANKS!!

Yeah. My brain is running dry. No, on second thought, I need another vacation. Disney World would be perfect. Or some remote beach with a bar and a troupe of topless dancers, er, I mean, uhm.

If everyone buys like 1,000 t-shirts I can probably afford to buy that Hypography Island we talked about ages ago. Or at least rent it and have everyone flown in. Or maybe that would require 10,000 t-shirts per user...

• 9 months later...

Well.... sex sells. I really would like a pair of tiny shorts with an "H" on the butt.... LOL I think those are cute, and if experience has taught me anything, it's that 99% of the men I know of who would enjoy a forum like this will be looking at that general area. If you make them, I will buy them... and sport them! (Do we have a guinea pig smiley?) :)

Bah. They don't have beanies. And you don't look like the hat chick anyway. :)
:) :) :D

That's false advertisement right there, buddy! :D

But... seriously... you don't have beanies? Where did Renate (or whoever that is :)) get that beanie then?

Anyway, I guess I can settle for a mug. *sigh*

:D