Science Forums

The jet propulsion with closed combustion type

qumf

By running a "lean" mix the fuel burns much more rapidly than a proper mix (much faster much more explosively)

So I think it is important to control the concentration of fuel to air. Otherwise it can’t be ignited.

But I have another question about exhaust valve: When the gas enter the chamber from compressor, how can you ensure them stop in the chamber, will not go out the chamber through reed valve?

To solve this question is by two ways, calculate precisely or adjust slowly a little and a little.or both. So I asked you the pressure from the compressor.

Beyond tweaking burn rates I honestly don't know. My approach to fuel mix adjustment is old school....I adjust till it sounds right and looks right. Coming from a family of part and full time shade tree mechanics and tinkerers (accept for my cousin who is a nuclear physicist) I've been taught a combination of the old ways and modern equivilents.

"But I have another question about exhaust valve: When the gas enter the chamber from compressor, how can you ensure them stop in the chamber, will not go out the chamber through reed valve?

To solve this question is by two ways, calculate precisely or adjust slowly a little and a little.or both. So I asked you the pressure from the compressor."

Another simple adjustment is set the size of chamber adjustable.(or the length of chamber adjustable.

If only you can adjust the size of the chamber a little by little. i think you will find proper scale for the chamber.It solve the problem upper.

"But I have another question about exhaust valve: When the gas enter the chamber from compressor, how can you ensure them stop in the chamber, will not go out the chamber through reed valve?

To solve this question is by two ways, calculate precisely or adjust slowly a little and a little.or both. So I asked you the pressure from the compressor."

Asimple method is set the size of chamber adjustable.(or the length of chamber adjustable.

If only you can adjust the size of the chamber a little by little while it works. i think you will find proper scale for the chamber.It solve the problem upper.

What do you mean by formally?

Currently the twin turbine quad reed ram jet I specified earlier in this thread is under construction and as mentioned there are two prototype engines already built one of which I'm afraid of and one I run regularly.

If you mean produce for proffit in numbers probably not. I'm a tinkerer and a machine buff not a manufacturer (though I wish I could afford to set up and run my own R&D and specialty fabrication firm!!!).

The pics are in the works!!! As for the one I'm affraid of it's mostly due to things that wouldn't really be noticable in pics. In the interest of lighter weight I used much thinner pipe (18 guage thinwall welded seam) for the chamber, turbine shroud and nozzel. So the main fear is that shortly after I put the fire to it it will explode!!!!!

Or melt open spewing fire in my general direction in a manner similar to my smoker when I got just a bit stupid and poured lighter fluid through it's smaller access door onto the hot coals... can you say 6 foot burst of flames!!! That particular incident ended with me recieving third degree burns from my fingertips to my shoulders in less then one second. I imagine that my fuel mix (gas , kerosine, oil) being fed air under pressure would cause far worse damage to me...not good, even for a pyromaniac like mysef!!!!!!!!!:eek2:

Though I have idled it a couple of times. I really don't trust it!!!!!!

from your reply,I am afriad that you don't scceed. for the sake of safty, I suggest orginally you should use thick pipe. use long nozzle and big opening. set the concentration of the mxture gas possible as low.for each combustion small amount of the new fresh gas enter chamber. after it can work then you adust the machine to eat more fresh mixture .and adjust the engine to better condition.I thought you have many years of automobile and should have these aspect of experience and have these condition.

You also need some water to cool it.

After all the safty is first. I would rather you are safe than it succeed.

Are you OK now?I hope you are not severe,

what about the enhine that you said "in regularly work".

Are you OK now?I hope you are not severe,

what about the enhine that you said "in regularly work".

Thank you for your concern!

I'm fine my smoker accident occured 5 years ago and Other than some nasty scars I've made a full recovery.

As for my regular use engine it has 0.25'' thickwall extruded pipe which is rated at 1200 psi so I have no worries about it failing.

Thank you for your concern!

I'm fine my smoker accident occured 5 years ago and Other than some nasty scars I've made a full recovery.

As for my regular use engine it has 0.25'' thickwall extruded pipe which is rated at 1200 psi so I have no worries about it failing.

You make a joke.

so you haven't start, Sir?

You make a joke.

so you haven't start, Sir?

?????????????????????

No joke.

Haven't start what?

engine #1 runs regularly single reed vavle on intake

engine#2 built too dangerous have only run at a low idle don't dare push it harder

Engine#3 still under construction 4 reed valves- 2 on intake 2 on exhaust. 2 14" turbines. one ram jet type afterburner w/nozzel and aditional fuel/air injectors