Science Forums

The jet propulsion with closed combustion type

qumf

I recognize that in the new jet,the gas after the turbine still has more energy than the current jet, so the the shape of the general pipe might be different from the drawing i drew before In some case.

i modify the drawing for you reference.

post-2626-128210092084_thumb.jpg

aaahh! another doodeler!!!!;) I've got notebooks upon notebooks of drawings like that starting from when I was 11 to the present date. I'm still filling them!!;) with engines,electric motors, electronic circuits, wing designs, hull designs, sail designs, propellor designs, aerodynamic studies in design, etc.:) !!!!!!!!!

I repeat:

"cloesed combustion has more efficiency though it mat be hard to control"

If you only seal one end and open another end( or close to open), the effect will be influenced seriously. You should think a method.

The new engine Ive mentioned above will have reeds for intake and exhaust!!:)

I've recently acquired six very heavy duty looking reed valves that should be able to take the abuse at the exhuast end. (finally)

If they can't I'm looking into replacing the reed portion of the valves which are steel with either titanium ,tungsten or berillium reeds which I will likely have to have custom made.

The new engine Ive mentioned above will have reeds for intake and exhaust!!:)

I've recently acquired six very heavy duty looking reed valves that should be able to take the abuse at the exhuast end. (finally)

If they can't I'm looking into replacing the reed portion of the valves which are steel with either titanium ,tungsten or berillium reeds which I will likely have to have custom made.

Ok, thank you.

If you really want to order an expensive reed valve, I suggest you would rather start from a new design of valve: ( New structure than common) . You can compare which has better function as well as compare their prices.

Pls consider

If you really want to order an expensive reed valve, I suggest you would rather start from a new design of valve: ( New structure than common) . You can compare which has better function as well as compare their prices.

Pls consider

I really don't want too (money is expensive) but it's either that or order a just as expensive other type of system. I like using reed valves because they are simple and have very few moving parts.(depending on type they typically only have between 1 and 4 gates which are simply flaps of metal that are opened by flow of air or fluid through them in 1 direction then closed by flow in the opposite direction. Doesn't get any simpler or cheaper to make than that!:)

Originally Posted by DFINITLYDISTRUBD

The new engine Ive mentioned above will have reeds for intake and exhaust!!

My first and current engine as I mentioned earlier also had a twin reed layout

but as mentioned before they kept burning out on the exhaust end of things.

Another but even more expensive option is a rotary valve driven by the axle of the turbine circular in shape with holes that when in line with holes in the valve body allow exhaust gasses through then when not lined up prevent gasses from escaping....

BUT this would require very precisely machined components!

The valve itself would not only have to be perfectly balanced itself, it would also have to be perfectly balanced and centered to the axle and turbine. It would also have to be made from a light weight strong material that would have to be able to stand up to the 2600+ degree temps of the combustion chamber and exhaust flow as well as the extreme combined forces of compression, combustion, and rotation (centrifugal force and torque).

DFINITLYDISTRUBD:

I understand why you choice the reed valve.

If you can mix fuel into air uniform, the combustion proceed very quickly.

I have a question: how do you drive the gate of reed valve open and close? ( or control) . at proper moment the gates open or close.

You should consider.

Maybe I haven't understood your picture well.

the rotary valve is easy to drive the gate open and close.

[ATTACH]478[/ATTACH]Reed valves are opperated strictly by air flow through the engine.

As the compressor forces air and fuel through the reed valve it opens because the air pushes it open. Once in the combustion chamber it is ignited which creates an explosion which briefly causes back pressure on the valve closing it.

The burning gasses blocked by the closed intake reed are forced out through the exhaust reed which functions in the same manner preventing the gasses from re-entering the combustion chamber. Which means the gas can only go one way--through the turbine.

Immediatly after combustion gasses leave the combustion chamber a suction is created by the cooling of the combustion chamber and it's contents. At the same time increased pressure on the intake side of the intake valve is created by the compressor. This imbalance of pressure causes the intake reed to open and the process starts all over again.

In short the air flow through the motor is what opens and closes the valves

"The burning gasses blocked by the closed intake reed are forced out through the exhaust reed which functions in the same manner preventing the gasses from re-entering the combustion chamber."

I can understand that the action of the gates of reed valves are driven by the pressure of gas.

I think that it is no problem for the intake valve. But how do you deal with the exhaust reed? while burning the pressure increases, the exhaust valve opens when combustion has not completed.

But it is possible that the b urning proceed very quickly, when exhuaust valve open totally, the combustion has finished. there is the possibility.

By running a "lean" mix the fuel burns much more rapidly than a proper mix (much faster much more explosively)

Lean: just enough fuel to support combustion

Proper: somewhere between lean and rich

Rich: surplus of fuel usually resulting in a smokey exhaust or in this case 10 foot flames shooting out the nozzel!!!!!!!!!!!!!