Science Forums

A big question

Tarantism

there is this movie you should watch.... it's called "what the bleep do we know?" It explains quantum mechanics and such... that movie really changed the way I look at things. I realize now that all that I know is what I observe... but who's to say that what I observe has any sort of substance or truth?

The "bleep" movie has been covered in several threads. It is not scientific. It attempts to explain physics in terms of metaphysics to the lay person. Go figure.

The "bleep" movie has been covered in several threads. It is not scientific. It attempts to explain physics in terms of metaphysics to the lay person. Go figure.

hmmm... well, I'm pretty sure it has some sort of scientific value.

But I'll search the forums to find more info on this movie. Maybe you're right... maybe it has no scientific value. I'll have to see it for myself, though.:naughty: :Glasses:

well, you must also consider whatever your own definition of scientfic value is.

i will watch this movie as well, and get back to you on it.

I thought I was going to enjoy the movie, if only for its esthetics but the misleading and false information that was presented by experts in their fields, who were charlatans, made me furious. It is sad that so many people are duped by pseudo science.

I thought I was going to enjoy the movie, if only for its esthetics but the misleading and false information that was presented by experts in their fields, who were charlatans, made me furious. It is sad that so many people are duped by pseudo science.

hmmm... I watched it having not ever previously studied quantum. Do you know where I can go to get the bare facts? website?

I also heard that a brief history of time was based on quantum. I tried to read it once, but i ended up getting lost a few chapters into it... And I've been to lazy to re-read what I already read.