Science Forums

A big question

Tarantism

the universe consists of all the matter around us, everything that is anything and all that jazz, correct? so what i want to know is, what would happen (cosmically speaking that is) if the universe just ended? i think that someone told me once that everything just whittles down to nothing and then resets itself...

what? what does that mean? is it false? is there more to it?B)

who knows? it's all theory, nobody knows what is true or false, we can only speculate.

yes, i know what you mean, i was just curious what theory(s) is there? i thought about it for a long while, and all that i could come up with is blank. nothing. that is what it would be right? ha. its just strange.B)

If we look at the universe it is composed of tiny subparticles arranged into higher and higher orders of structure. The end of the universe would imply the end of the tiny subparticles. The answer to your orginal question has to do with the formation of the tiny subparticles. The way one forms these subparticles from ?, will determine what preceeded them, and therefore the state of the beginning and end of the universe.

If we look at the universe it is composed of tiny subparticles arranged into higher and higher orders of structure. The end of the universe would imply the end of the tiny subparticles. The answer to your orginal question has to do with the formation of the tiny subparticles. The way one forms these subparticles from ?, will determine what preceeded them, and therefore the state of the beginning and end of the universe.

so are you saying that the answer to my question lies in the answer to another question of "what existed before the subparticles evolved" ?

The big question is, are there really particles at all? Maybe everything is energy waves (strings) manifested as observable instances.

The big question is, are there really particles at all? Maybe everything is energy waves (strings) manifested as observable instances.

well, the particles definatley exist, becuase we can see them through pretty much any high-powered microscope.

But i think that the question we should be asking in order to answer the "big question" mentioned in the title is this: what came before the particles? what came before matter? anti-matter? negative? fajita steak?

well, the particles definatley exist, becuase we can see them through pretty much any high-powered microscope

That doesn't necessarily mean it exists.... it just means that our minds are allowing it to exist... It's just perception. Reality is created by mind. Who knows what exists and what doesn't exist? Quantum thoery, dude... quantum thoery.

there is this movie you should watch.... it's called "what the bleep do we know?" It explains quantum mechanics and such... that movie really changed the way I look at things. I realize now that all that I know is what I observe... but who's to say that what I observe has any sort of substance or truth?

That doesn't necessarily mean it exists.... it just means that our minds are allowing it to exist... It's just perception. Reality is created by mind. Who knows what exists and what doesn't exist? Quantum thoery, dude... quantum thoery.

there is this movie you should watch.... it's called "what the bleep do we know?" It explains quantum mechanics and such... that movie really changed the way I look at things. I realize now that all that I know is what I observe... but who's to say that what I observe has any sort of substance or truth?

aye, quantom theory. i believe we debated this recently? oi, for the sake of this forum lets assume that it does exist, but hypothetically? that work?

i will look around for that movie, however, sice i probably could use more knowlege on quantom theory.