Science Forums

Upgrade info part 2

Tormod

I can tell you have kept yourself very busy & with little rest. Common wisdom is to admonsih you to 'get your rest young man', but my wisdom says 'let's stop & watch these guys who are just doing it'.:) It all looks great from here!

Thanks Turle and Jay-qu...I am now officially going to bed. If something doesn't work...then just post a note here and the T-bot will fix it in the morning. :wave:

I love the Quick Reply and Quick Edit features.

I would only like to have the "Delete" option for all my posts and threads.

The ability to delete your own posts and threads is actually an earned privelege around here. I will post a link to the different user levels as quick as I find it, or not, depending on how quick others are...

EDIT:

Let me explain further... Mods and Admins are the only ones that can delete posts or threads. What I meant by 'earned' was that you can actually become a Moderator. All of our staff were at one time general members.

Click on a user name and then view their profile. (Or just go to your User CP)

When you do that, you should be able to see a user notes option. If you click on user notes, you should see notes that have been left for/about you.

We've recently been discussing an actual 'use' for these 'user notes', but have not come up with any definitive plan as of yet. We'll be sure to keep you updated if it happens.

Click on a user name and then view their profile. (Or just go to your User CP)

When you do that, you should be able to see a user notes option. If you click on user notes, you should see notes that have been left for/about you.

Mmmmm...it's not in my User CP. Checking your profile Irish. Processing...

Were you able to read mine?

And from memory, only Admins have user notes. I can't remember why, and I'm really too tired to look for the answer right now. I think that Mods can add notes to Admins, or something like that. I know I just gave one to Killean. And I've given them to Tormod. And I used to have 2 or 3 of them myself.

Anyhow, like I mentioned, C1ay has proposed using them for an Admin function. If that happens, then we'll probably have to do a bit of adjusting in the 'user levels' priveleges. But for right now, it's a bascially useless (to you) function.

Sorry.

(Oh, and Turtle-man, I'm heading off to bed now. If TRP ever shows up in the TEST forum in the thread I created for him, can you give him a hand if he needs it? If not, don't worry, I'll be back on tomorrow. Thanks a bunch, friend!!)

Were you able to read mine?

(Oh, and Turtle-man, I'm heading off to bed now. If TRP ever shows up in the TEST forum in the thread I created for him, can you give him a hand if he needs it? If not, don't worry, I'll be back on tomorrow. Thanks a bunch, friend!!)

Couldn't read yours, no; just send one.

I intend to give Puff as much of my help as he can stand.:) The thing of it is, he's right you see.

I saw two problems (small ones) just now: the "view first unread post" button doesn't work (but maybe that's due to the change), and the color of the liks is the same as the one of normal text (which is mainly a problem when a linked is called for example "here"). A part from that still WOW!