Science Forums

Upgrade info part 2

Tormod

What does the empty checkbox next to the 'rep' and 'report post' buttons do? When I click on the box, it highlights the whole post in pink, but what is the purpose of that? just curious...:evil:

Hush...it's an admin thing. We have some new stuff to learn...like inline moderation of posts. :eek:

Another question...

Down in the Forum Stats box, it lists the number of members, and it also lists the number of active members. What is an 'active member'? Is there a post requirement? Is there a list of who is active and who is not?

EDIT:

Never mind. I see now that it is members that have posted within the last 60 days.

Rep Power is very important in that you actually have the ability to affect a member's standing. For instance, rep from Turtle will normally give you an extra green (now BLUE!) box. (thanks for that last one, Turtle :eek: )

Always my pleasure to complement a lady Irish.:evil:

Not sure why this happened, but I noticed this in the HTL:

Latest Forum Topics

Good morning, all.

Last post by IrishEyes

Today 04:55 PM

Introductions

2 Replies, 10 Views

Upgrade info part 2

Last post by Turtle

Today 04:40 PM

Announcements

21 Replies, 108 Views

Good morning, all.

Last post by Lynn Greiman

Today 04:38 PM

Introductions

0 Replies, 1 Views

The thread "Good morning, all." is listed twice. One listing is the original post. The other is the replies. Any ideas?

And here's something else I've noticed...

If I choose to 'quick reply', when I finish the reply and hit post, the new post is added to the page, but the forum contents are not actually 'refreshed/updated'. What I mean by that is that the new post will appear, but the reply does not appear on the HTL unless I actually hit the refresh button, or go to a different page. Nothing big, but it is different.

And here's something else I've noticed....

Geez, I feel like a pest control person...or maybe just a pest.

Ok, the emoticons are different.

For instance, in my "Testing the HTL" thread in the Lounge, I chose the little blue face with three question marks above it's head, to indicate my confusion. However, when my reply was posted, this emoticon is displayed... :evil:

Again, not a big thing, but baffling.

Geez, don't you just love the peace and quiet that resounds when the wife and girls are out of town?

Actually, I'm almost guessing that you would relish their appearance and general racket right about now. No fears, bossman, your lovely ladies will return soon. In the meantime, get that darn bug fixed already.

Question... does that mean that we have no way for googlers to get here?

Geez, don't you just love the peace and quiet that resounds when the wife and girls are out of town?

Actually, I'm almost guessing that you would relish their appearance and general racket right about now. No fears, bossman, your lovely ladies will return soon. In the meantime, get that darn bug fixed already.

Question... does that mean that we have no way for googlers to get here?

I did a quick and dirty fix which actually means that googlers who find Hypography will find the forums easier - the news are no longer posted there except as headlines. When they click on a headline they are taken straight here.

I still need to find a real solution to it but it's a duct tape solution that will hold until tomorrow. :evil:

If you need Rep given until the fix, PM me. I can Rep someone three times for you, and put _Given on behalf of Turtle for (brotherly/sisterly) conduct_ in the Rep comments. Three times my 25 will give them 75, which isn't quite as good as you're 80, but still very close until the thing is fixed... Just a thought...