Science Forums

Evolution = slow, technology = fast

alxian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the question should be what would instigate ubiquitous radition to condense into something like a big band in the first place.

one model of the universe could be that the universe is based on radiant energy. our own universe will melt away and become pretty much just radiation, but why is there matter in the first place if it melts into radiant energy?

what consenses radiation back into matter?

a silly answer is its circular, matter turns into radiation and then into antimatter then back again as a natural renewal process. i'm hoping that not a correct answer but it would seem to make sense.

another question is if there was antimatter present in the big bang why was there so much matter left over?

could it be possible for an antimatter universe after this one melts away?

lastly, what if man interrupts the flow of things by harnessing antimatter? we could quite possibly create small pockets antimatter and see if we could create functioning systems out of antimatter.

heck if we could harness interstellar radiation and create matter out of if we could stall the natural processes of the universe. say if FTL drives feed on the energies causing universal expansion (if a few billion years perhaps the activities of life forms buzzing around in the universe could tangibly cool it down, turning radiation into matter like planetary systems and whole galaxies.)

Hi! Freethinker B)

So, which came first? Creation or Evolution?

:confused:

My head is going to explode. God did not write the bible, and any rational human (even any respected theologian) can confirm this for you. If you debate this, I encourage you to post a thread on the theology portion of hypography, asking who wrote the bible, if you trust their opinion. The Vatican itself will confirm it, and you can find it in the footnotes of any decent bible. People did write it, with or without divine inspiration - making it flawed, at least as a literal history. Don't hold your God responsible for Moses' mistakes; that would be like saying that it was God who was lost for 40 years in the desert. Does God, if he exists, want you to ignore your senses and powers of observation, rather having you you believe that Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale (a scientific impossibility stipulated in the US Courts)? Wouldn't God rather you understand the meaning behind the bible's allegory, and use it wisely, than blindly take every word in some book for absolute truth? Don't mistake CONNOTATION for DENOTATION.

My head is going to explode. God did not write the bible, and any rational human (even any respected theologian) can confirm this for you. If you debate this, I encourage you to post a thread on the theology portion of hypography, asking who wrote the bible, if you trust their opinion. The Vatican itself will confirm it, and you can find it in the footnotes of any decent bible. People did write it, with or without divine inspiration - making it flawed, at least as a literal history. Don't hold your God responsible for Moses' mistakes; that would be like saying that it was God who was lost for 40 years in the desert. Does God, if he exists, want you to ignore your senses and powers of observation, rather having you you believe that Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale (a scientific impossibility stipulated in the US Courts)? Wouldn't God rather you understand the meaning behind the bible's allegory, and use it wisely, than blindly take every word in some book for absolute truth? Don't mistake CONNOTATION for DENOTATION.

jkellmd, it was just a simple question. Which of the two came first “Creation or Evolution”? Nothing to do with religion or God.

When it comes to science, one should really need to be unbiased and opened minded.

I hope you head feels better. :)

:)

jkellmd, it was just a simple question. Which of the two came first “Creation or Evolution”? Nothing to do with religion or God.

When it comes to science, one should really need to be unbiased and opened minded.

I hope you head feels better. :)

:)

Headache abated. Sorry.

So, which came first? Creation or Evolution?
This question exhibits the common fallacy “begging the question” (petitio principii), and employs the term “creation” ambiguously.

To be well-formed, the question should be expanded to something like this:

1. Creation is God's act of bringing the universe into existence from nothing;
  2. Evolution is the process by which populations of organisms acquire and pass on novel traits from generation to generation, affecting the overall makeup of the population and even leading to the emergence of new species.
  3. Did creation occur?
  4. Did (or does) evolution occur?
  5. If Creation and Evolution both occurred, which occurred first?

I am unaware of the existence of a scientific experiment capable of falsifying [3]. Therefore, to my knowledge, this is not a scientific question.

• 2 weeks later...
This question exhibits the common fallacy “begging the question” (petitio principii), and employs the term “creation” ambiguously.

To be well-formed, the question should be expanded to something like this:

1. Creation is God's act of bringing the universe into existence from nothing;
  2. Evolution is the process by which populations of organisms acquire and pass on novel traits from generation to generation, affecting the overall makeup of the population and even leading to the emergence of new species.
  3. Did creation occur?
  4. Did (or does) evolution occur?
  5. If Creation and Evolution both occurred, which occurred first?

I am unaware of the existence of a scientific experiment capable of falsifying [3]. Therefore, to my knowledge, this is not a scientific question.

Hi! CraigD.

Origin, is the key. We must always go to the very point of origin, to find understanding and not misunderstanding. Maybe, this will help. May I suggest you start with post #3 and work your way from there.