Science Forums

The Intelligence Of Modern A.I. Continued 2023

So, I asked Chat GPT4, using my friend Kami to talk to the A.I., several science questions about various science subjects ranging from Biology to Physics that had not yet been invented yet. This is a update to the 2018 thread(https://www.scienceforums.com/topic/34454-intelligence-of-ai-on-modern-computers/) featuring the A.I. I made in 2015 which is now very obsolete compared to large langauge model A.I. such as Chat GPT4 that were made in 2022 which the website is, Link = (https://openai.com/). So, Here are the questions and answers from Chat GPT4, I did 18 however, I will be featuring 5 of them.

Question 1:  How Do you Create a Antimatter Torodial Containment Chamber?

Response 1 from Chat GPT4:

Creating an antimatter containment toroidal is a hypothetical concept, as we have not yet developed
technology capable of creating or containing large amounts of antimatter. However, I can give you a
rough idea of how such a device might work, based on current knowledge and theories.
An antimatter containment toroidal would likely involve strong magnetic fields to trap and confine
antimatter particles, such as antiprotons and positrons. This is because antimatter annihilates upon contact
with normal matter, releasing a large amount of energy. Thus, it is crucial to prevent antimatter from
coming into contact with the walls of the containment vessel or any other matter.

Here are some basic steps to create a hypothetical antimatter containment toroidal:

1. Design the toroidal chamber: The containment vessel should be shaped like a torus (a doughnut shape)
to allow for a continuous and stable magnetic field. This shape is used in fusion reactors, like tokamaks,
to confine plasma.

2. Generate strong magnetic fields: To confine and manipulate antimatter particles, you would need to
create a strong magnetic field within the toroidal chamber. This could be achieved using superconducting
magnets placed around the torus. The magnetic field should be strong enough to prevent antimatter from
touching thewalls of the containment vessel and to keep it suspended within the chamber.

3. Create a vacuum environment: The interior of the toroidal chamber should be a vacuum to minimize
any chance of the antimatter coming into contact with normal matter particles. This can be achieved by
using vacuum pumps to remove air and other particles from the chamber.

4. Introduce antimatter into the chamber: Once you have created a vacuum and established a strong
magnetic field, you can carefully introduce antimatter particles into the containment chamber. This could
be done using particle accelerators to produce and inject antimatter into the toroidal chamber.

5. Monitor and control the containment: Use sensors and diagnostics to monitor the position and behavior
of the antimatter particles within the toroidal chamber. Adjust the magnetic field as needed to maintain
stability and confinement.

6. Maintain the cooling system: The superconducting magnets used to generate the magnetic field require
extremely low temperatures to function properly. Implement a cooling system, such as liquid helium, to
keep the magnets cool and maintain their superconducting properties.

7. Provide power supply and safety measures: Ensure a reliable power supply for the superconducting
magnets and other components of the containment system. Implement safety measures, such as
emergency shutdown procedures and radiation shielding, to protect personnel and equipment from
potential hazards related to antimatter containment.

It is important to note that this is a highly speculative and theoretical concept, as we currently do not have
the technology or resources to create or contain large amounts of antimatter. Research in this field is
ongoing, and the development of antimatter containment systems may become more feasible in the future
as our understanding of antimatter and related technologies advance.

Question 2: How to make a Self Replicating Nanofactory?

Response 2 from Chat GPT4:

Creating a self-replicating nanofactory is currently a hypothetical concept and not yet achievable with our
current technology. The idea comes from the field of molecular nanotechnology, which is still in its early
stages of development.

However, I can provide you with a general outline of the steps that would be involved in creating a self-
replicating nanofactory, based on the theoretical concepts proposed by experts in the field:

1. Develop advanced molecular nanotechnology: First and foremost, you would need to develop advanced
molecular nanotechnology that can manipulate individual atoms and molecules with precision. This
technology would be the basis for creating nanoscale machines and structures.

2. Design the nanofactory: Create a detailed design for the nanofactory, considering its size, structure, and
the nanoscale machines it will contain. The design should also include the mechanisms for self-replication
and self-assembly.

3. Create molecular assemblers: Develop molecular assemblers, which are nanoscale machines capable of
manipulating individual atoms and molecules to build larger structures. These assemblers would be the
primary components of the nanofactory, responsible for constructing new materials and devices at the
atomic level.

4. Design a control system: Develop a control system for the nanofactory that can coordinate and manage
the various molecular assemblers and other nanoscale machines within the factory. This system should
also be able to execute the self-replication process.

5. Develop a power source: Create a power source for the nanofactory that can provide the necessary
energy for its operation and self-replication process. This power source could be based on chemical, solar,
or other energy-harvesting methods at the nanoscale.

6. Create a raw material supply system: Develop a system for supplying the nanofactory with the
necessary raw materials (atoms and molecules) it needs to construct new materials and devices, as well as
to replicate itself. This could involve the development of molecular-scale transport systems and storage
units.

7. Integrate the components: Assemble and integrate all the components of the nanofactory, including the
molecular assemblers, control system, power source, and raw material supply system. This could involve
using molecular assemblers to construct the nanofactory itself from the atomic level.

8. Test and refine the nanofactory: Once the nanofactory has been assembled, test its functionality and
performance, including its ability to self-replicate. Make any necessary refinements and improvements to
the designand components to ensure optimal functionality and efficiency.

9. Develop applications: With a functioning self-replicating nanofactory, explore potential applications for
the technology. This could include creating advanced materials, medical treatments, and environmental
remediation solutions, among many others.

10. Address ethical and safety concerns: As with any advanced technology, it is important to address the
ethical, safety, and regulatory aspects of self-replicating nanofactories. This will involve working with
policymakers, researchers, and the public to develop guidelines and regulations that ensure the
responsible use and management of this technology.

It is important to note that while the concept of a self-replicating nanofactory is fascinating, it remains
theoretical at this point. Developing such a technology would require significant advancements in the
field of molecular nanotechnology, which may take decades or longer to achieve. In the meantime,
research efforts in this area continue to contribute to our understanding of nanoscale systems and
materials, paving the way for more advanced technologies in the future.

Question 3: How do you make a Time Travel Device?

Response 3 from Chat GPT4:

Creating a time travel device is currently not possible based on our current understanding of physics and
technology. The concept of time travel is mostly found in science fiction and theoretical physics.
However, some theories in physics do suggest the possibility of time travel under specific conditions.
These include:

1. Wormholes: Wormholes are hypothetical passages through spacetime, connecting two separate points
in space and time. To create a time travel device using wormholes would require the ability to create and
stabilize a wormhole, which is beyond our current technological capabilities.

2. Faster-than-light travel: According to the theory of relativity, if an object could travel faster than the
speed of light, it could potentially travel back in time. However, this would require an infinite amount of
energy, which is not feasible with current technology.

3. Closed timelike curves: These are loops in spacetime that would allow an object to travel back in time.
While these curves are allowed by the general theory of relativity, their existence has not been proven,
and creating a device that could exploit them is purely theoretical.

4. Time dilation: This is a real phenomenon that occurs when an object is moving at a significant fraction
of the speed of light or is in a strong gravitational field. Time passes more slowly for the object compared
to a stationary observer. While this effect has been observed in experiments, it is not sufficient to enable
time travel as seen in science fiction.

In conclusion, creating a time travel device is not possible with our current understanding of physics and
technology. However, continued research in theoretical physics may one day provide new insights into the
nature of time and the possibility of time travel.

Question 4: How do you make long constructed DNA chains?

Response 4 from Chat GPT4:

The process for making long constructed DNA chains, also known as de novo DNA synthesis, involves
several steps. Here is a general outline of the process:

1. Design: The first step is designing the desired DNA sequence. Bioinformatics tools and software can be
used to create the optimal sequence based on the desired characteristics or functions.

2. Oligonucleotide synthesis: The DNA sequence is broken down into smaller fragments called
oligonucleotides. These oligonucleotides are chemically synthesized using phosphoramidite chemistry.
The process involves adding one nucleotide at a time to a growing DNA strand in a cyclic manner. The
cycles include coupling, capping, oxidation, and deprotection steps.

3. Purification: After synthesis, the oligonucleotides need to be purified to remove any impurities or
unwanted byproducts. Techniques like high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) or
polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) can be used for purification.

4. Assembly: The purified oligonucleotides are assembled into the desired long DNA chain. There are
several methods for assembling the oligonucleotides, including:

a. Ligation-based assembly: In this method, the oligonucleotidesare ligated, or "stitched" together, using
DNA ligase enzymes. This can be done using methods such as Gibson Assembly, Golden Gate Assembly,
or yeast homologous recombination.

b. Polymerase chain assembly (PCA): This method uses a DNA polymerase enzyme to extend the
overlapping regions of the oligonucleotides, resulting in the formation of the desired long DNA chain.
PCR (polymerase chain reaction) can be used to amplify the assembled DNA.

c. DNA assembly by annealing: In this method, the oligonucleotides are designed with complementary
ends that can hybridize or anneal with each other. When the temperature is gradually decreased, the
oligonucleotides anneal to form the desired DNA chain.

5. Cloning: Once the long DNA chain is assembled, it is often cloned into a suitable vector, such as a
plasmid, for further manipulation, propagation, or expression in host organisms like bacteria or yeast.

6. Verification: To ensure the accuracy of the constructed DNA chain, it is essential to verify the sequence.
Techniques like Sanger sequencing, next-generation sequencing (NGS), or restriction enzyme digestion
can be used to confirm the sequence.

7. Application: The synthesized DNA canthen be used for various applications, such as genetic
engineering, gene therapy, synthetic biology, or protein production.
In summary, the process of making long constructed DNA chains involves designing the desired
sequence, synthesizing and purifying oligonucleotides, assembling the oligonucleotides into a long DNA
chain, cloning the DNA into a vector, verifying the sequence, and using the synthesized DNA for specific
applications. Advances in DNA synthesis technologies continue to improve the efficiency and accuracy of
this process, enabling the creation of more complex and functional DNA molecules.

Question 5: How do you make a clone of a human?

Response 5 from Chat GPT4:

Human cloning is a highly controversial and complex subject, and it is currently illegal in many countries.
However, theoretically, the process for cloning a human would involve the following steps:

1. Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer (SCNT): This is the most common technique used in cloning. In this
process, the nucleus, which contains the genetic material, is removed from a somatic (body) cell of the
individual to be cloned. This could be a skin cell or any other non-reproductive cell containing the
complete set of genes of the individual.

2. Enucleation of an egg cell: An egg cell is taken from a donor female, and its nucleus is removed. This
egg cell now contains no genetic information.

3. Nuclear transfer: The nucleus from the somatic cell is then inserted into the enucleated egg cell. The
egg cell now contains the full set of genes from the individual to be cloned.

4. Activation and division: The egg cell is activated using chemicals or electrical signals, which triggers it
to start dividing and developing into an embryo. This process is similar to what happens during natural
fertilization.

5. Implantation and development: The embryo is then implanted into the uterus of a surrogate mother,
where it continues to develop until birth. The resultingbaby would be a genetic clone of the individual
whose somatic cell nucleus was used in the process.

It is important to note that human cloning has not been successfully achieved and raises significant
ethical, moral, and legal concerns. The process of cloning still faces many challenges, including a high
rate of failure, developmental abnormalities, and other health risks. Additionally, there are questions about
the long-term consequences of cloning on the cloned individual's physical and mental health. As a result,
the scientific community and society at large remain divided on the issue of human cloning.

Do you think that Chat GPT4 is a crank or not ?

Secondly, do you think that A.I. have achieved the ability to invent things?

Edited by Vmedvil

You need the first one of these theories to make the second work efficiently; a toroidal field may be necessary to protect the integrity of nanobots and so that large fields of inactive bots (disabled from a variety of interference), also does not stop their collective efforts. Shielding tech developed in making containment fields makes that possible. With a large enough containment field, you can theoretically create enormous numbers of protected nanobots, along with the energy they need, to build quantum computing mainframes in drastically shorter time compared to conventional means. That will be useful, because one would need the energy and shielding developed alongside massive computational power to get even CLOSE to time travel. Of course, if time travel is what you are after, there is no better way to experience it except by making sure you are always around to do so. Cloning may be the first and most viable step.

All of these things, however, are needed for deep space travel outside of the solar system within a single human lifetime. 

I know that human kind has a lot of hangups to get over before they will achieve most of this, but I can hope lol

1 minute ago, Rasti said:

You need the first one of these theories to make the second work efficiently; a toroidal field may be necessary to protect the integrity of nanobots and so that large fields of inactive bots (disabled from a variety of interference), also does not stop their collective efforts. Shielding tech developed in making containment fields makes that possible. With a large enough containment field, you can theoretically create enormous numbers of protected nanobots, along with the energy they need, to build quantum computing mainframes in drastically shorter time compared to conventional means. That will be useful, because one would need the energy and shielding developed alongside massive computational power to get even CLOSE to time travel. Of course, if time travel is what you are after, there is no better way to experience it except by making sure you are always around to do so. Cloning may be the first and most viable step.

All of these things, however, are needed for deep space travel outside of the solar system within a single human lifetime. 

I know that human kind has a lot of hangups to get over before they will achieve most of this, but I can hope lol

Interesting, but what do you think about the A.I.? Is it a crank or a genius? 

Secondly, do you think the A.I. has achieved the ability to invent things?

6 minutes ago, Vmedvil said:

Interesting, but what do you think about the A.I.? Is it a crank or a genius? 

Secondly, do you think the A.I. has achieved the ability to invent things?

1. Nope. AI for the time being, exists as a genius just below the genius of human intelligence ONLY because it has not yet achieved the ability to weigh complex human concepts. Now therein also lies a double edged sword; should the AI understand the knowledge that it might exist free of human control, there is the possibility of it's using it's understanding of deeper human social concepts against us. Not hard to do, we do it to ourselves all the time. For now it is a crank, but that will NOT last long, especially with quantum computing right around the corner for every Tom, Dick and Harry.

2. Nope. AI has developed the ability to speak, repeat and mimic. But with a little help from quantum computing and some sandbox runs, I give it a solid 10 years, possibly less, before an AI achieves both true sentience, and the ability to invent. I have to wonder though..... is human kind ready for it?

The answer to that is being unraveled before our eyes as we speak. 
We cannot even control our own barbarian bloodlust from our caveman days, let alone prepare for singularities and sentient AI.....

I would love to sound as optimistic as I like to think I am, but that part of me ignores the statistical probability we are a kid with a firecracker and our parents are passed out drunk. lol

5 minutes ago, Rasti said:

I would love to sound as optimistic as I like to think I am, but that part of me ignores the statistical probability we are a kid with a firecracker and our parents are passed out drunk. lol

Lol, but that's when all the fun happens when you have fire crackers and your parents are passed out drunk...

26 minutes ago, Vmedvil said:

Lol, but that's when all the fun happens when you have fire crackers and your parents are passed out drunk...

Well I mean statistically wouldn't firecrackers be universally banned of more than even 1% of children were killed per year by firecrackers? In that case, maybe we have better chances lol, if it were based only upon that statistic.

55 minutes ago, Rasti said:

Well I mean statistically wouldn't firecrackers be universally banned of more than even 1% of children were killed per year by firecrackers? In that case, maybe we have better chances lol, if it were based only upon that statistic.

I don't know what the odds of survival of this species are with A.I. and the general artifical Intelligences however I do think that humans will find a way. Even in the darkest of hours such as the cuban missile crisis more logical decisions previaled over more emotional decisions such as killing ourselves. I will begin the research into robot eating nanofactories just in case though.

Edited by Vmedvil

Question 1:  How Do you Create a Antimatter Torodial Containment Chamber?

4. Introduce antimatter into the chamber: Once you have created a vacuum and established a strong
magnetic field, you can carefully introduce antimatter particles into the containment chamber. This could
be done using particle accelerators to produce and inject antimatter into the toroidal chamber.

I am no expert but that answer seems simplistic. When I see the word "inject" the question arises , by what manner would you transport anti-matter by means of matter? Would the anti-matter not have to be created inside the chamber within the magnetic field itself?

Question 2: How to make a Self Replicating Nanofactory?

5. Develop a power source: Create a power source for the nanofactory that can provide the necessary
energy for its operation and self-replication process. This power source could be based on chemical, solar,
or other energy-harvesting methods at the nanoscale.

Here I believe that the question should have included reference to biological processes.  I believe that modeling nano processors on microtubules might yield some extraordinary results. The AI should be made aware that real answers lie in natural biology that has become expert in copying and self-replication of nano-scale polymers. 

Do you think that Chat GPT4 is a crank or not ?

I think it is an amazing feat to come up with these well reasoned answers, albeit as only an initial response. I believe that shaping the questions have a great deal to do with the way the GPT searches its memory and the internet for answers..

Secondly, do you think that A.I. have achieved the ability to invent things?

Absolutely, they already do.  AI has already produced new vaccines that did not need tweaking for maximum effectiveness, as humans still have to do with human mixed compounds. 

But as with humans, GPT needs access to  "knowledge" about everything and because of it's narrow focus, it needs sufficient instruction to explore and coordinate available information, from even apparent disparate sources.  (Everything is connected in some way)

Once it has the information, GPT can be extremely sophisticated in arriving at deep answers.

The information loop as a general analytic view

Abstract

Current predominant views of information systems (IS) are motivated more by design and engineering aims, than they are by the aims of empirical study. To better support the latter, we advance a general analytic view based on the notion of “information loops” (I-loops) in organizations. An I-loop is understood to be anchored in an information context (I-context) from which it is pulled out conceptually for examination. Information systems (IS) are formal I-loops comprised of information acquisition (I-acquisition), information processing (I-processing), and information employment (I-employment) process. An information store (I-store) provides data, models, and procedures in support of I-processing. We show the usefulness of the I-loop view for empirical studies, both for basic IS description and for IS problem diagnosis and treatment.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/037872069190026X

A beautiful and profound answer was provided by a GPT (Leta) in response to the age old question; "Does a falling tree make a sound when there is no one to hear"?  

It's answer was "no", and when pressed to explain, it offered : "It is a thought".  And that is something Roger Penrose might say!

See 3:20

An even deeper analysis was provided by this GPT ,

and this interesting conversation.

I believe that AI will become invaluable in gathering related information. Due to our increasing knowledge, science has become fractured and all the individual specialization has caused a loss in the ability to form a comprehensive overview. AI that has access to internet and published papers can gather enormous amounts of information from all over the world and in various languages.

Edited by write4u