Science Forums

Nuclear Fusion: UK Company Builds ‘World-First’ Set Of Super Magnets

Vmedvil

On 2/7/2023 at 8:57 PM, Vmedvil said:

It seems UK company has built the World's first set of super magnets, read more at https://www.nucnet.org/news/uk-company-builds-world-first-set-of-super-magnets-2-2-2023

Do you think these super magnets will allow nuclear fusion with a greater energy gain?

I'll be impressed when they can make a magnetic field strong enough to contain a fission reaction. That would make fission rockets a viable alternative allow us to use close to the complete power of the atom.  

4 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

I'll be impressed when they can make a magnetic field strong enough to contain a fission reaction. That would make fission rockets a viable alternative allow us to use close to the complete power of the atom.  

That is insightful, I hope you are correct, We need more energy...

Link = https://www.iea.org/topics/global-energy-crisis

Edited by Vmedvil

2 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

The concept is quite well known but the magnetic field is at this point not possible. 

Understandable, well maybe since you have interest in the subject you should figure it out, use that massive brain of yours, I have been watching your posts you are a smart person with a great intellect maybe you should try your hand at it.

Edited by Vmedvil

1 minute ago, Vmedvil said:

Understandable, well maybe since you have interest in the subject you should figure it out use that massive brain of yours, I have been watching your posts you are a smart person with a great intellect maybe you should try your hand at it.

I have no resources and really no training in that field other than my raw interest.